• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who is “The Shepherd” of the people, who are not “born from above “ but are members of the “Institutionalize church”?

Loyal
And please, if you can if possible confirm with solid bible references. In other words “sound doctrine”! For the benefit of those who might not understand their position in “eternal life”!

Loyal
I guess this was a hard question to answer! Although I know the answer. But I did think someone would “take a hit for the team.” Or give a scripture of one who did take a hit for the team. Where is a lamb when you need one.

Loyal
Sound doctrine would start with the fact that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. That salvation is through His name alone. The shed blood of Christ - His death, burial and bodily resurrection. is sufficient for a person's salvation. Belief in the heart and confession by mouth.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Who is “The Shepherd” of the people, who are not “born from above “ but are members of the “Institutionalize church”?

do they have one?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings,

do they have one?

Bless you ....><>

Yes I would think they would.

(John 10: 11-18).DRB
11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep. 12But the hireling and he that is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming and leaveth the sheep and flieth: and the wolf casteth and scattereth the sheep, 13And the hireling flieth, because he is a hireling: and he hath no care for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd: and I know mine, and mine know me. 15As the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father: and I lay down my life for my sheep. 16And other sheep I have that are not of this fold: them also I must bring. And they shall hear my voice: And there shall be one fold and one shepherd. 17Therefore doth the Father love me: because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. 18No man taketh it away from me: but I lay it down of myself. And I have power to lay it down: and I have power to take it up again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Loyal
1 Pet 5:1; Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed,
1 Pet 5:2; shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness;

Loyal
Acts 20:28; "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
Acts 20:29; "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;
Acts 20:30; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.

Loyal
There goes Peter again!:cool:
How many letters did he write? I think Jesus told Peter to feed “HIS” sheep. I don’t think Jesus said: Lead them.:cool: That’s is why he told him 3 times, so it would sink in. He said feed not lead. Sorry you open the door for that one.:love:

Loyal
There goes Peter again!:cool:
How many letters did he write? I think Jesus told Peter to feed “HIS” sheep. I don’t think Jesus said: Lead them.:cool: That’s is why he told him 3 times, so it would sink in. He said feed not lead. Sorry you open the door for that one.:love:

You didn't ask who's sheep they were. Of course the sheep belong to Jesus. You asked who was shepherding them in the meantime.
In Biblical times, and even in modern times... the sheep that a shepherd is watching don't necessarily belong to him. He is just 'babysitting' them.

Loyal
Acts 20:28; "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
Acts 20:29; "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;
Acts 20:30; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.
Yes when the wolves come, they going to run! They are going leave the ram and the ewes! And Peter is good for that, ask Paul he will tell you about Peter in the book of Acts. You better call on the name of Jesus.

Loyal
You didn't ask who's sheep they were. Of course the sheep belong to Jesus. You asked who was shepherding them in the meantime.
In Biblical times, and even in modern times... the sheep that a shepherd is watching don't necessarily belong to him. He is just 'babysitting' them.
Now if Jesus called himself the Good Shepherd then the other one must be the “bad shepherd”. Or he would have not use the term “Good” to specify himself.

Loyal
Now if Jesus called himself the Good Shepherd then the other one must be the “bad shepherd”. Or he would have not use the term “Good” to specify himself.

No doubt Jesus is the "best" shepherd. But I doubt the Holy Spirit would appoint any "bad" shepherds.

Loyal
Now you having me wondering a little bit more, Jesus refers to his own as “sheep” and others as “goats” at one point.

Loyal
I got to do so more thinking about those “goats” in the flock of sheep’s . And how Jesus feel about those “goats” not the “wolves” but “goats”!

Loyal
Isn't the point of that passage that Jesus and his people are being compared to a shepherd watching out for / caring / for his flock of sheep. We are like sheep who tend to wander. Jesus , the caring shepherd is watching over His flock of people and the Holy Spirit does the convicting of our hearts to keep us 'in line' with the rest of the flock of people.

One a sheep is part of the flock, they are loved and cared for. They are never 'let go'.

That passage says nothing about sheep outside of that flock because that's not what that particular passage is talking about.

Also - the sheep Do belong to the owner of the property. The actual owner won't be going out to do that -- there are other important jobs around the ranch. So, the shepherd is taking care of the sheep For the owner.

Loyal
Like you said: Jesus is watching over us. And he is everywhere, He needs no other to care and watch over us. For he is “God the Son” and all power has been given to him. Just obey Him.

Loyal
4Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. 5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”a
6So we say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?” b.
(Hebrews 13).

Loyal
Jesus Christ is the Son of God. God is everywhere = omnipresent. Born again believers also have the Holy Spirit indwelling us. And we are to obey God's Word.

Staff Member

the title and question of this thread

One needs to understand who the "who are not “born from above “" are along with who are the "members of the “Institutionalize church”" in order to properly know what the question is, i.e. Who is “The Shepherd” of the people?