• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who here celebrates holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering thats all.

I stop celebrating holidys when i was like 4 years old, never went back tho, aint nothing i wanna do and some of them are stupid and dont make any sense and i aint american, so i guess its americans traditions, so i was never really into them.

I got more important things to do then to celerbrate this and that.

Well i guess you care not for me cause im american and i have my traditions like good friday,easter and christmas.For your information i am a christian before i am an american.This is the way of it say what you will .GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER.

the only holiday i really celebrate is independence day... as for easter and christmas... i celebrate the birth and resurrection every day.. :shade:

Brother in Christ: You are right, i do not care about americans, i care about people in general. And as for holidays, from my viewpoint( i know i am right about this), some holidays are infact from the bible, but started off wrong and still wrong and the rest of the holidays are from the works of men, from this land, which people call america.

If people wanna celebrate holidays, thats their thing, none of them seems important to me. Its not a commandment or law to celebrate them, so if i dont do it, people think i'm the one who's crazy and thats sad.

Last edited:
Legendary,
Coming from a sister in Christ, you need to pray about your issues with American people. According to this post and others I have read, it seems you only want to create strife between yourself and anyone from a country other than yourself. We will be praying for you as well.
God Bless
Amy

ladybug76 said:
Legendary,
Coming from a sister in Christ, you need to pray about your issues with American people. According to this post and others I have read, it seems you only want to create strife between yourself and anyone from a country other than yourself. We will be praying for you as well.
God Bless
Amy

Did you even read what i said? Try paying close attention to the bold words, and get back to me alright.

Thanks.

Read you loud and clear! And just to prove my point, you are CONTINUING to be hateful. Keep praying, you know I will!
GOD BLESS YOU

But...but...I never thought I'd ever find myself standing up for U2K. Believe me, this is a new and terrifying experience...but I'm as puzzled as he is as to where he was supposed to be inciting hatred.

From what I can gather, he's an American with a rather cynical view on the way that Christianity has been sidelined into a bandwagon on which to support various national ideas, thoughts, etc, and believes it should be returning towards the Catholic-style 'world church'.

I can't help feeling, ladybug, that you really didn't read his post...I don't know which Bible holidays are 'wrong', or in what way, but he has a point about national holidays. Thanksgiving does not exist in Britain, yet is a very popular American holiday, very much tied into religion. Independence Day, on the other hand, is a very popular American holiday, given the majority of strong nationalist feelings in the US, but has nothing to do with religion at all.

Technically, if you follow the Bible word for word, holidays are, literally, 'Holy Days' on which you should do no work, therefore a civic leader has no right to declare a day holy for non-religious reasons. And, as commented elsewhere, many of the holidays evolved with Christianity's mix with pagan cultures during its evolution and spread throughout the Roman Empire and the Dark Ages.

Does that make those holidays unChristian, and mean that as good Christians we should ignore them, or go out and protest against them? Or does it suggest that maybe, just maybe, we should get out a little bit more?

Heehee..
Well, what I gather is that you didnt read U2K's post either....you refered to him as American! Read the Post!! He is far from an "American". He doesnt live in this country. I couldn't care LESS about this whole topic in general, it is really rediculous if you want to know the truth. I don't know why me saying I would pray for someone would offend you, but that is your problem. I never said anything about holidays to begin with!! I simply said that U2K should stop creating strife among poeple by these rediculous posts! And then to give me a "history" lesson as if I have no idea what the bible says or the history of my country. Gave me a good laugh though. Thanks....God Bless you
Amy

Ladybug76 said:
Heehee..
Well, what I gather is that you didnt read U2K's post either....you refered to him as American! Read the Post!! He is far from an "American". He doesnt live in this country.
*sigh* U2K lives in hollywood. Hollywood, last time I checked, is in America. He said this already I'm sure. Please read it again.
Brother in Christ:
You are right, i do not care about americans, i care about people in general.

Did you not understand that? Try thinking, it may help.
Kudos to you U2K, karma point coming your way.

*sigh* Why do negative people feel they have the right to condemn everyone?

Kravon, Not sure where you get off being so rude with your comments to people on here. Do not do it again.

Trust me Karma ain't gonna help you.

Last edited:
*chuckles*

I think the Karma reference was an in-joke.

Meanwhile, U2K wasn't born in the US, but he does live in America and is, to all intents and purposes, American. I don't randomly spout out things without knowing what I'm saying.

Oh, as for the 'history lesson', that wasn't aimed at you. That was in response to the general thread of conversation. I probably should have started it in a separate paragraph and made it clearer. Neither do I have any problem with you praying for someone. Why would I? Where did I say that?

My only point was that U2K wasn't looking to cause strife, he was just putting forward an opinion. It seems to me that differing opinions here seem to descent very rapidly into hostility or requests to pray to find the 'right' way.

Kravon , Tzeetch , Alandra .... The problem here is that ledgendary was divicsive . Division is caused by a spirit of idolatry , and rebellion . U2K went outside of the word consistently . The word has final authority here . Second is , Chad and the Moderators . This site is a gift from the Lord . U2K , did not want to debate the word of God . If he was here to fellowship , he would have been teachable , and humble when the word testified against his opinions . LU2K , was a wiseguy . Final ! Even in his absence , the spirit is still causing strife , and division . You all are welcomed to have you're debate about the scripture . Mymakersdaughter is a Moderator here . You do not have to agree with her if you do not want to . But as christians , and young christians who have allot to learn , you will be respectful ! Stop you're constant questioning , about everything the leaders do here , and humble yourselves . If you do not like my remark about being young christians , then show yourself approved through the word . If the word testifies against you're opinion , then accept that , and be teachable . BROTHER

I think I have made my point to this conversation and I will not waste ONE more minute of my precious time arguing it.....I am going to do what Jesus would do...give the truth and then walk away. God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.