• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

"Who did Jesus Pray to"

"Who did Jesus pray too"

What I am about to say may sound strange to you since you probably haven't heard it before, but the mystery of who Jesus prayed to is in the way he speaks to us, and not the dividing of himself into 2 or 3 parts. See, God is a single person like us. It says so in Deut. 6:4: "Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is one person. And you must love him. …" And he has to be a single person because we are made in him image, and we are single persons. That is to say, we are not 2 or 3 persons as many claim God is. This means that before God made angels or men, God talked among himself. That is to say, God talked to himself, something he has done from eternity past.

The prophet Isaiah affirmed this when he quoted YHWH God as saying of himself in Isaiah 41:28: "I look but there is no one else to talk to--no one among men or the gods to give me counsel, no one to give an answer when I talk to them."

And as intelligent people made in God's image, we ought to understand how this is possible. See, our intelligence is patterned after God's intelligence, meaning who among us has not talked things over in our own minds when we have had important decision to make. It's like this. We say to ourselves "should I go." And then we answer ourselves, "yes, you should go." The same is true with God. Then to put it in little more Biblical words, God takes counsel with himself.

I will give you two other Scripture to prove this point:

1. Job 15:8: "Job said to his friends, "Do you listen in on God's counsel? Do you have a monopoly on wisdom? Have you ever been present when God's council meets. …" (CEV)

2. Ephesians 11:14 reads: "... in whom also we obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will."

So as I said above , the answer to this mystery is in us understanding that God speaks of himself in Trinitarian form, and not in him talking to another God bigger than him. Or God speaking to another God besides him. Such a thought is a violation of God's own first commandment. Said otherwise, when Jesus says "the Father sent me" or "I go to he Father", he is speaking of himself by his other name. The same is true when he says "In my Fathers House." He is speaking of himself too, only in the third person. And the same is true when Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit.

An example of this is seen in Matthew 24:36 where Jesus says, "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Here, he is speaking of himself too, but by his other name. So he is not saying that he does not know the day of his return. Because as God he does. And too, he said in John 19:20 that the Father tells him everything he does. Rather, he is saying that the date of his return can't be revealed to us, otherwise we will wait until the last minute to be ready. And by then it will be too late.

But the most vivid example of God talking things over in his own mind or talking among himself is seen in Jesus' prayer in the Luke 22:39-46: "Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, 'Pray that you will not fall into temptation.' He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.'"

What I am saying is, this prayer is a continuation of the conversation God has had in his own mind since before the world began. God as Jesus asks himself as the Father, "Are you willing for me to do die for these people?" And God as the Father says to God as Jesus, "Yes, I am." And God as Jesus consents and goes to the cross in our place. Only God as Jesus being a man too, says it out loud in the form of a prayer. This teaches us that we too should pray in times of stress.

Now as I said, I know that most of you will not agree with this way of looking at Jesus because it has not been preached in our churches for many years, In fact, it has not been preached in our churches for the past 1700 years. So if you ask your preacher if this is true of Jesus as God he will say no. And if you ask your friends if this is true, they will say no, too. And if you ask the teachers of our leading seminaries, they, too , will say no it is not true. And this fulfills what John 1:11 tells us: "He came unto his own, and his own received him not." But still it is true. Said otherwise, that's why Thomas called Jesus God in the upper room.(John 20:28) Then Jesus told him in verse 29, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

And it will be this way when we get to heaven. We will say to Jesus as Phillip did (John 14), "Just show us the Father and we will be satisfied." And Jesus will say to us, "When you see me you see the Father.
We are the same person." Or to put it in our own words, "That's my other Name!"

I will have more to say on this subject later.

Rev. Autrey

Active
"Who did Jesus pray too"

What I am about to say may sound strange to you since you probably haven't heard it before, but the mystery of who Jesus prayed to is in the way he speaks to us, and not the dividing of himself into 2 or 3 parts. See, God is a single person like us. It says so in Deut. 6:4: "Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is one person. And you must love him. …" And he has to be a single person because we are made in him image, and we are single persons. That is to say, we are not 2 or 3 persons as many claim God is. This means that before God made angels or men, God talked among himself. That is to say, God talked to himself, something he has done from eternity past.

The prophet Isaiah affirmed this when he quoted YHWH God as saying of himself in Isaiah 41:28: "I look but there is no one else to talk to--no one among men or the gods to give me counsel, no one to give an answer when I talk to them."

And as intelligent people made in God's image, we ought to understand how this is possible. See, our intelligence is patterned after God's intelligence, meaning who among us has not talked things over in our own minds when we have had important decision to make. It's like this. We say to ourselves "should I go." And then we answer ourselves, "yes, you should go." The same is true with God. Then to put it in little more Biblical words, God takes counsel with himself.

1. Job 15:8: "Job said to his friends, "Do you listen in on God's counsel? Do you have a monopoly on wisdom? Have you ever been present when God's council meets. …" (CEV)

2. Ephesians 11:14 reads: "... in whom also we obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will."

So as I said above , the answer to this mystery is in us understanding that God speaks of himself in Trinitarian form, and not in him talking to another God bigger than him. Or God speaking to another God besides him. Such a thought is a violation of God's own first commandment. Said otherwise, when Jesus says "the Father sent me" or "I go to he Father", he is speaking of himself by his other name. The same is true when he says "In my Fathers House." He is speaking of himself too, only in the third person. And the same is true when Jesus speaks of the Holy Spirit.

An example of this is seen in Matthew 24:36 where Jesus says, "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Here, he is speaking of himself too, but by his other name. So he is not saying that he does not know the day of his return. Because as God he does. And too, he said in John 19:20 that the Father tells him everything he does. Rather, he is saying that the date of his return can't be revealed to us, otherwise we will wait until the last minute to be ready. And by then it will be too late.

But the most vivid example of God talking things over in his own mind or talking among himself is seen in Jesus' prayer in the Luke 22:39-46: "Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, 'Pray that you will not fall into temptation.' He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.'"

What I am saying is, this prayer is a continuation of the conversation God has had in his own mind since before the world began. God as Jesus asks himself as the Father, "Are you willing for me to do die for these people?" And God as the Father says to God as Jesus, "Yes, I am." And God as Jesus consents and goes to the cross in our place. Only God as Jesus being a man too, says it out loud in the form of a prayer. This teaches us that we too should pray in times of stress.

Now as I said, I know that most of you will not agree with this way of looking at Jesus because it has not been preached in our churches for many years, In fact, it has not been preached in our churches for the past 1700 years. So if you ask your preacher if this is true of Jesus as God he will say no. And if you ask your friends if this is true, they will say no, too. And if you ask the teachers of our leading seminaries, they, too , will say no it is not true. And this fulfills what John 1:11 tells us: "He came unto his own, and his own received him not." But still it is true. Said otherwise, that's why Thomas called Jesus God in the upper room.(John 20:28) Then Jesus told him in verse 29, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

And it will be this way when we get to heaven. We will say to Jesus as Phillip did (John 14), "Just show us the Father and we will be satisfied." And Jesus will say to us, "When you see me you see the Father.

Rev. Autrey

Hi Rev,
You say that man is a single entity, I have to take issue with you.

Like the temple of God, man has an outer court, a holy place and a holy of holies.
The outer court is the flesh. This consists of our senses, taste, touch, sight, hearing and smell. there may be more but they will do for now. With our senses we experience creation, which is found outside the body.

Then we have the Holy place, our soul, which consists of our will, our intellect and our memory. There maybe more but for this debate, they will suffice, these are within the body.

Finally, we have the holy of holies, that is the very core of our being, our spirit. This consists of our conscience, our intuition and our communion.

Now before the fall, the authority in man was the spirit which was made strong by the communion with the Spirit of God and the spirit held sway over the soul and the flesh, However, when Adam and Eve rebelled and made allegiance with Satan The Lord turned them out of the garden and they were left to their own devices, and without the Spirit of God to strengthen mans spirit, it became weak and the soul assumed dominance. The dominance of the soul is the condition of man today. It is revealing, that after turning them out of the garden, God showed that he still loved them by making them clothes. The soul being dominant, poses a dilemma and puts the soul and spirit at odds. The flesh will experience through the senses, something that is desirable, but not beneficial to the man, the soul will intellectualise and reason that it's okay for the man to indulge. But the conscience knowing that it is not beneficial cries out danger. But because the spirit is no longer the authority, being it is lacking the backing of the Holy Spirit it is overruled and the man falls into sin.

So, here we have a man with three separate parts, each with their own place, with different functions, interacting with and communicating with each other. I wouldn't call that a single entity.
And God, we know that Jesus, (the Word) was with God, was God and made his dwelling among us. And he said he does nothing other than what his Father instructs him and we know that he moved in the power of the Holy Spirit, who we are told is the helper of the Christians. We are told that nothing was made that has been made accept by the Word. And so in Genesis, we are told that; God created the earth. The Father? and God said let there be. The Son? and the Spirit hovered over the deep. The Spirit? Three entities. worth a thought, don't you think?
Bless you Rev.

Active
"Who did Jesus pray too"

Rev. Autrey
Interesting way to put it Rev. Autrey. I kind of agree with that. Important is that Jesus is glorified.
They are three, but one same person. Different functions, but the same person.

Hi Rev, You say that man is a single entity, I have to take issue with you. Like the temple of God, man has an outer court, a holy place and a holy of holies. The outer court is the flesh. This consists of our senses, taste, touch, sight, hearing and smell. there may be more but they will do for now. With our senses we experience creation, which is found outside the body. Then we have the Holy place, our soul, which consists of our will, our intellect and our memory. There maybe more but for this debate, they will suffice, these are within the body. Finally, we have the holy of holies, that is the very core of our being, our spirit. This consists of our conscience, our intuition and our communion. Now before the fall, the authority in man was the spirit which was made strong by the communion with the Spirit of God and the spirit held sway over the soul and the flesh, However, when Adam and Eve rebelled and made allegiance with Satan The Lord turned them out of the garden and they were left to there own devices, and without the Spirit of God to strengthen mans spirit, it became weak and the soul assumed dominance. The dominance of the soul is the condition of man today. It is revealing, that after turning them out of the garden, God showed that he still loved them by making them clothes. The soul being dominant, poses a dilemma and puts the soul and spirit at odds. The flesh will experience through the senses, something that is desirable, but not beneficial to the man, the soul will intellectualise and reason that it's okay for the man to indulge. But the conscience knowing that it is not beneficial cries out danger. But because the spirit is no longer the authority, being it is lacking the backing of the Holy Spirit it is overruled and the man falls into sin. So, here we have a man with three separate parts, each with their own place, with different functions, interacting with and communicating with each other. I wouldn't call that a single entity.
And God, we know that Jesus, (the Word) was with God, was God and made his dwelling among us. And he said he does nothing other than what his Father instructs him and we know that he moved in the power of the Holy Spirit, who we are told is the helper of the Christians. We are told that nothing was made that has been made accept by the Word. And so in Genesis, we are told that; God created the earth. The Father? and God said let there be. The Son? and the Spirit hovered over the deep. The Spirit? Three entities. worth a thought, don't you think? Bless you Rev.

Dear Trevor:
What you are saying about God's Temple and man is a subject for another time. So it is not the issue here. Our issue is whether Jesus is the God the prophets said was coming to save us from our sins. As it says in Isaiah 41: "Messenger of Good News, shout to Zion from the mountaintops! Shout louder to Jerusalem, do not be afraid. Tell the towns of Judah, 'Your God is coming! Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in all his glorious power. … He will feed his flock like a shepherd."

The same prophet said in Isaiah 35:4-6: "Say to those who are afraid, for your God is coming to … save you. And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unstop the ears of the deaf." And as you can see, both of these Scriptures are a reference to our God Jesus and the work he would do on the cross for our salvation.

But if you are not convinced that Jesus is God by what the prophet Isaiah said, I will quote you YHWH Gods own words as quoted by the Hosea in Hosea 13:4: "I alone am God, your Lord, and have been since I brought you out from Egypt. You have no God but me, for there is no other Savior."

So as I said in my post, people have denied that Jesus is our God for the past 1700 years, and will undoubtedly continue to do so. So God bless you and continue to stay safe.

Rev. Autrey

Active
Dear Trevor:
What you are saying about God's Temple and man is a subject for another time. So it is not the issue here. Our issue is whether Jesus is the God the prophets said was coming to save us from our sins. As it says in Isaiah 41: "Messenger of Good News, shout to Zion from the mountaintops! Shout louder to Jerusalem, do not be afraid. Tell the towns of Judah, 'Your God is coming! Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in all his glorious power. … He will feed his flock like a shepherd."

The same prophet said in Isaiah 35:4-6: "Say to those who are afraid, for your God is coming to … save you. And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unstop the ears of the deaf." And as you can see, both of these Scriptures are a reference to our God Jesus and the work he would do on the cross for our salvation.

But if you are not convinced that Jesus is God by what the prophet Isaiah said, I will quote you YHWH Gods own words as quoted by the Hosea in Hosea 13:4: "I alone am God, your Lord, and have been since I brought you out from Egypt. You have no God but me, for there is no other Savior."

So as I said in my post, people have denied that Jesus is our God for the past 1700 years, and will undoubtedly continue to do so. So God bless you and continue to stay safe.

Rev. Autrey
I agree, didn't Jesus say to the pharisees" before Abraham was born, I AM". bless you.

I agree, didn't Jesus say to the pharisees" before Abraham was born, I AM". bless you.
Isaiah's Prophecies

Dear Trevor:

Thank you for the lovely comment you made about Jesus in your last response:"(I agree, didn't Jesus say to the Pharisees" before Abraham was born, I AM". bless you.)"

"I Am" in this case can also be translated "the I AM is here."

So yes, Jesus is The One Of Old From Everlasting the prophets wrote about, and our only Savior. It was Jesus himself who put this thought in our minds, just the way he did for Thomas in the Upper Room when he called Jesus "My Lord and my God." But to my dismay, very few Christians will admit this today. And that's a sad commentary on the Christian Church, the ones he loves.

So here are some more Scriptures from the Book of Isaiah to prove to the doubters that Jesus is God:

In Isaiah 45:15-17 YHWH God said of himself through the Prophet Isaiah: "Truly, O God of Israel, our only Savior, you work in strange, mysterious ways … But the Lord will save the people of Israel with eternal salvation. …" This means that God's salvation is not only for the prophets of old, but it is also for us today. And, truly, I think God for this, that even in the days of old Jesus was looking out for all his people. That is to say, all who have ever lived in this messed up world, including you and me, and all of us who believe in his name
YHWH God also said of himself in Isaiah 45:21: "Consult together and decide what to say. Who made these things known so long ago? What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, the Lord? For there is no other God but me, a righteous God and your only Savior. There is none but me. Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. …" This, too, proves what I just said above, that the Savior of the prophets is our Savior, too. And it also proves that Jesus is the only being that is God. Namely, there is no big God and a little God. Such a thought was an abomination to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. This is why the first commandment tells us not to worship the would be gods. Or to say it in another way, for us not to worship that other Lord, who says he is God, but he is not.

And in Isaiah 33:22 the prophet Isaiah says of YHWH God, "For the Lord is our Judge, our Lawgiver and our King; he will care for us and save us."

And too, Isaiah quotes the Lord Jesus as saying of himself in verse 23: "I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word. Every knew will bow to me, and every tongue will confess that I am God." This agrees perfectly with what Paul said of Jesus as God in Philippians 2: "Though he was God, he knew he was human too." Said otherwise, he took on a human body so he could die in our place on the cross. "Therefore he has been elevated to the highest place of honor and has been given a name that is above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth, and under the earth, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is God. …"

Hence, we read in John 1:1 what the apostle John says of Jesus, "... In the beginning was Jesus … and he was God." This means that the phrase "he was with God" is a metaphoric expression meaning that God has two other names besides Jesus: the Father, and the Holy Spirit. But the name he always speaks to us by is Jesus. Said otherwise, the apostle John said of Isaiah's prophecies in John 12:41: "Isaiah was referring to Jesus when he said this, because he saw the future and spoke of Jesus' glory." This proves that both the prophet Isaiah and the apostle John thought of Jesus the same way we do. And so did all the other prophets and apostles!

Now as I said at the beginning, very few Christians will agree that what I am saying to you is true. This is their right. And this has been the case for the past 1700 years. That is to say, even after seeing the Scriptures of Jesus' glory they will somehow try to disprove the true meaning of them so they do not have to worship the one who saved us by dying in our place on the cross. But as Isaiah said of John the Baptist in the wilderness, "He is a voice crying in the wilderness, clear the way for the Lord's coming, make a strait path in the desert for our God."

And then the prophet says: "Fill in the valleys, and level the hills. Straighten out the curves, and smooth out the rough places. Then the Glory of our God as Jesus will be revealed and all people will see him."

Take care and stay safe.

Rev. Autrey

Active

Isaiah's Prophecies

Dear Trevor:

Thank you for the lovely comment you made about Jesus in your last response:"(I agree, didn't Jesus say to the Pharisees" before Abraham was born, I AM". bless you.)"

"I Am" in this case can also be translated "the I AM is here."

So yes, Jesus is The One Of Old From Everlasting the prophets wrote about, and our only Savior. It was Jesus himself who put this thought in our minds, just the way he did for Thomas in the Upper Room when he called Jesus "My Lord and my God." But to my dismay, very few Christians will admit this today. And that's a sad commentary on the Christian Church, the ones he loves.

So here are some more Scriptures from the Book of Isaiah to prove to the doubters that Jesus is God:

In Isaiah 45:15-17 YHWH God said of himself through the Prophet Isaiah: "Truly, O God of Israel, our only Savior, you work in strange, mysterious ways … But the Lord will save the people of Israel with eternal salvation. …" This means that God's salvation is not only for the prophets of old, but it is also for us today. And, truly, I think God for this, that even in the days of old Jesus was looking out for all his people. That is to say, all who have ever lived in this messed up world, including you and me, and all of us who believe in his name
YHWH God also said of himself in Isaiah 45:21: "Consult together and decide what to say. Who made these things known so long ago? What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, the Lord? For there is no other God but me, a righteous God and your only Savior. There is none but me. Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. …" This, too, proves what I just said above, that the Savior of the prophets is our Savior, too. And it also proves that Jesus is the only being that is God. Namely, there is no big God and a little God. Such a thought was an abomination to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. This is why the first commandment tells us not to worship the would be gods. Or to say it in another way, for us not to worship that other Lord, who says he is God, but he is not.

And in Isaiah 33:22 the prophet Isaiah says of YHWH God, "For the Lord is our Judge, our Lawgiver and our King; he will care for us and save us."

And too, Isaiah quotes the Lord Jesus as saying of himself in verse 23: "I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word. Every knew will bow to me, and every tongue will confess that I am God." This agrees perfectly with what Paul said of Jesus as God in Philippians 2: "Though he was God, he knew he was human too." Said otherwise, he took on a human body so he could die in our place on the cross. "Therefore he has been elevated to the highest place of honor and has been given a name that is above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth, and under the earth, and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is God. …"

Hence, we read in John 1:1 what the apostle John says of Jesus, "... In the beginning was Jesus … and he was God." This means that the phrase "he was with God" is a metaphoric expression meaning that God has two other names besides Jesus: the Father, and the Holy Spirit. But the name he always speaks to us by is Jesus. Said otherwise, the apostle John said of Isaiah's prophecies in John 12:41: "Isaiah was referring to Jesus when he said this, because he saw the future and spoke of Jesus' glory." This proves that both the prophet Isaiah and the apostle John thought of Jesus the same way we do. And so did all the other prophets and apostles!

Now as I said at the beginning, very few Christians will agree that what I am saying to you is true. This is their right. And this has been the case for the past 1700 years. That is to say, even after seeing the Scriptures of Jesus' glory they will somehow try to disprove the true meaning of them so they do not have to worship the one who saved us by dying in our place on the cross. But as Isaiah said of John the Baptist in the wilderness, "He is a voice crying in the wilderness, clear the way for the Lord's coming, make a strait path in the desert for our God."

And then the prophet says: "Fill in the valleys, and level the hills. Straighten out the curves, and smooth out the rough places. Then the Glory of our God as Jesus will be revealed and all people will see him."

Take care and stay safe.

Rev. Autrey
Hi Rev, We are the living stones spoken of in 1 Peter 2: 4-5, I believe these Living stones do believe that Jesus is God, and when they come together they are the true Church. In the last days, which we are fast approaching, I believe there will be a separation and the true Church will become apparent. In those days we will need the Grace that sustained Stephen when they stoned him. Bless you Rev.

Active
"Who did Jesus pray too

His Father. Which is also our Father therefore His Father cannot be himself as then we would also be God.

"I ascend to my Father and your Father, My God and your God," Words spoken to Mary on the day of resurrection.

OUR FATHER who art in heaven........ This means he(God) is the Father of both Jesus and all of us.

While Jesus was perfected by being obedient to his Father, we are being perfected by being obedient to Jesus, but that doesn't make him his own Father, it makes
him the author of eternal salvation to those who obey him.

Active
"Who did Jesus pray too"

Rev. Autrey

I'll have to disagree. It's not taught because it's Modalism. This concept what refuted early on by Christians close to the apostles. Jesus is one being and the Father another. Paul shows us clearly that they are two different beings.

13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;1
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
(1 Tim. 6:13-16 KJV)

Here Paul speaks of the Father who no one has seen nor can see. People have seen Jesus.

Active
I'll have to disagree. It's not taught because it's Modalism. This concept what refuted early on by Christians close to the apostles. Jesus is one being and the Father another. Paul shows us clearly that they are two different beings.

13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;1
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
(1 Tim. 6:13-16 KJV)

Here Paul speaks of the Father who no one has seen nor can see. People have seen Jesus.
Why did Jesu say He and the Father are one.
What about John 1:1-3

Active

Totally agree.
There is God, and a Son of God they are 2 separate entities. The Father has always been the Father, the Son was as the Bible states BEGOTTEN of the Father.

1 John 5:1 "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ(messiah) is born of God: and every one that loveth him that BEGAT loveth him also that is BEGOTTEN
of him."
Why did Jesu say He and the Father are one.
What about John 1:1-3

It means they are one in Spirit.

1 Co 6:17 "But he who is joined to the Lord is ONE spirit with him."
Jesus had the Father dwelling in him telling him what to do and say, he even says so. Therefore; he and the Father are one in Spirit as the spirit of Jesus gives
heed to the Spirit of his Father as his Father is greater than he and what Jesus taught was the gospel of God. AKA the gospel of the Kingdom.

Active
Totally agree.
There is God, and a Son of God they are 2 separate entities. The Father has always been the Father, the Son was as the Bible states BEGOTTEN of the Father.

1 John 5:1 "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ(messiah) is born of God: and every one that loveth him that BEGAT loveth him also that is BEGOTTEN
of him."

It means they are one in Spirit.

1 Co 6:17 "But he who is joined to the Lord is ONE spirit with him."
Jesus had the Father dwelling in him telling him what to do and say, he even says so. Therefore; he and the Father are one in Spirit as the spirit of Jesus gives
heed to the Spirit of his Father as his Father is greater than he and what Jesus taught was the gospel of God. AKA the gospel of the Kingdom.
John 1:1

Loyal
Emmanuel, God with us.

Father,Son and Holy Spirit.

Thanks be to God,

Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

3 in 1 and 1 in 3.

Three functions 1 God head.

In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God...

Shalom.

Loyal
I am a man, my wife is a woman, we came together in marriage as God plans it, one man plus one woman in love for one another.

Though we are two separate individuals, we became one body through marriage. Two entities, one body.

Though we are man and woman, keeping our individual entities, we are one body by marriage to each other.

I have a body, God breathed the breath of life into it, it became a living soul, a living soul with a spirit. My wife is designed in similar fashion, we all are, we are God's creation, created in his image.

God does not reproduce, there is one God, who has three parts, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but is still one living God. The only living God.

Though man is created in God's image, on earth we are to multiply, but in Heaven we will no longer multiply, our glorious bodies will neither represent male or female although we will still be the person we was.

Marriage is such an important part of God's plan for us, Jesus' first miracle was at a wedding, Jesus describes himself as the bridegroom and saved souls as his bride, we will become one with him, but for now we are individual souls, that have a wonderful privilege of experiencing God's love now, through marriage of a man and woman in love, and together becoming one being. One day soon we will join our Lord, we the bride of Christ, wait with eager anticipation for the bridegroom to return. Together the true church will become one, one body, Christ is the head.

Husband and wife, two made one in Christ

Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three in one and one in three. The one true living God.

Something to ponder on in our hearts.

Active
I am a man, my wife is a woman, we came together in marriage as God plans it, one man plus one woman in love for one another.

Though we are two separate individuals, we became one body through marriage. Two entities, one body.

Though we are man and woman, keeping our individual entities, we are one body by marriage to each other.

I have a body, God breathed the breath of life into it, it became a living soul, a living soul with a spirit. My wife is designed in similar fashion, we all are, we are God's creation, created in his image.

God does not reproduce, there is one God, who has three parts, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but is still one living God. The only living God.

Though man is created in God's image, on earth we are to multiply, but in Heaven we will no longer multiply, our glorious bodies will neither represent male or female although we will still be the person we was.

Marriage is such an important part of God's plan for us, Jesus' first miracle was at a wedding, Jesus describes himself as the bridegroom and saved souls as his bride, we will become one with him, but for now we are individual souls, that have a wonderful privilege of experiencing God's love now, through marriage of a man and woman in love, and together becoming one being. One day soon we will join our Lord, we the bride of Christ, wait with eager anticipation for the bridegroom to return. Together the true church will become one, one body, Christ is the head.

Husband and wife, two made one in Christ

Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three in one and one in three. The one true living God.

Something to ponder on in our hearts.
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the two becoming one flesh refers to a baby. blessings

Active

However you did not begat one the other.

The most misunderstood verse in the Bible is John 1:1

The word logos means a plan, word, or reason.

Jesus says I am the way. The way to do something is to follow a plan or someones instructions? Like he said, follow me, follow the plan I'm showing you.
The (plan), (way),(blueprint), (word) of God was made flesh and dwelt among us.
I've always considered the entire Bible the word of God to man. That word is a plan for eternal life to be given out through his Son. The word of God is not just Jesus.
If it was then Jesus could not be God because he would only be the word of God. Your words are not you. You could exist without ever uttering a single word and so
could God if he chose.

1 John 4:14 "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God,
God dwelleth in him, and he in God."
1 John 5:11 "And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."
1 John 4:9 "In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God SENT his only BEGOTTEN SON into the world, that we might live through him.
Ephesians 3:9 " And to make all men see what is the mystery of the fellowship, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created
all things BY Jesus Christ."

Luke 2:52 " Jesus increased in WISDOM and stature, and in FAVOR with God and men." If Jesus were God how could he, or why would he need to increase in
wisdom? Shouldn't he know everything already?
What need to be ministered to by angels in the wilderness after the baptism in Jordan?
Why tell us straight up that he is the Son of God and not God? in John 10:36
Why tell us there is only one that is good and that is God, not him? Mark 10:18 "So Jesus said to him, Why do you call me good? No one is good but One, that is, God."
Is he not telling us that he is not God?

In saying all that it should become apparent that the WORD WAS GOD, is a proclamation of the plan or words outcome to bring forth children just like the Father.
This is not saying Jesus was God or is God. As he himself says he is not in Mark 10:18.
Indeed Jesus only claimed to be the Son of God.

Active
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the two becoming one flesh refers to a baby. blessings
It has to me. Spend too much time with the wife and thats what happens.
However; if a man or woman is saved then he or she staying or allowing the unsaved to stay sanctifies both and the children are considered holy. 1 Co 7:14