• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who did Jesus die for?

We're told that Jesus died for everyone's sins. Of course we are told that only those who believe in Jesus are truly saved, but did he not save us all through his sacrifice? Why do we preach as though only Christians are saved when it states he saved us all.

Staff Member
We're told that Jesus died for everyone's sins. Of course we are told that only those who believe in Jesus are truly saved, but did he not save us all through his sacrifice? Why do we preach as though only Christians are saved when it states he saved us all.
Hello Naej,
Welcome to Talk Jesus.

The reason why is rather simple. Think of it as a gift. Of what value is a gift that remains unopened? So, is the gift we have received of Eternal Life through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ that we believe to be true!

For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

People rather stay in darkness, in the sin that is their lives then to open a gift that is freely given and there to be opened by anyone who will receive it.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." John 3:16-21

The gift is there for all to receive, but you and I know that not all will or want to receive it and so leave it unopened! Still that should not stop us from telling others the Gospel in the hope that they will listen and believe the Glorious gift that God has given them in Christ Jesus!

That is the task we have brother to let others know of God's Saving Grace through His Son Jesus Christ!

Once again, be welcomed to Talk Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Yea pretty much what christ4ever said but here is my take because why not I have time.

The reason God created man is for a relationship. That is the entire reason for all of this. He created Adam so that Adam could have a relationship with him. And he did. Adam walked with God. Then Adam disobeyed the only commandment that he had. What happened on God's end? Well he of course knew of the disobedience, but God still came to Adam. What happened on Adam's end? His eyes were opened and he saw his imperfection, he sought to cover up the imperfection with fig leaves and it did not work. Then when God came he hid. This knowledge of evil separated man from God but the separation was always on man's side. That is why God immediately promised the sacrifice that was planned since before man was created.

Fast forward and man is still trying to cover up his imperfections, only having a relationship with God when they can trust the promises of God to provide a substitute for them. And Jesus came and he gave up everything and on the cross the penalty for sin was paid as it was promised since Adam. Forgiveness was given to everyone. So now it is up to everyone to make their own decision. Accept God's grace and be reconciled into a relationship with him, or try to provide your own insufficient covering.

Hello Naej,
Welcome to Talk Jesus.

The reason why is rather simple. Think of it as a gift. Of what value is a gift that remains unopened? So, is the gift we have received of Eternal Life through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ that we believe to be true!

For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

People rather stay in darkness, in the sin that is their lives then to open a gift that is freely given and there to be opened by anyone who will receive it.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." John 3:16-21

The gift is there for all to receive, but you and I know that not all will or want to receive it and so leave it unopened! Still that should not stop us from telling others the Gospel in the hope that they will listen and believe the Glorious gift that God has given them in Christ Jesus!

That is the task we have brother to let others know of God's Saving Grace through His Son Jesus Christ!

Once again, be welcomed to Talk Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

This helps put things into perspective, thank you. I have another question however regarding the verses that you used. These verses state that all those who believe in Jesus are saved. You probably know that Christianity is not the only religion that believe in Jesus, for example on Islam where He is an important Prophet. I ask these questions because as someone who has grown up in a Muslim country, I realise that I could just have easily been born to a Muslim family and would adhere to their religious beliefs and values. I am blessed to have been born in a Christian family and to have a fruitful community, but I see the same warmth and love in Islam as I do in Christianity and I'm sure it's the case for other religions as well. I understand conversion and people who discover Christianity on their own but I'm not sure I would have found this path if I had not been born into it. I believe God is just so I believe there is an explanation I have not yet thought of. Thank you again.

You see, God sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself. "Us" being those who are born again in the name Jesus.

Staff Member
This helps put things into perspective, thank you. I have another question however regarding the verses that you used. These verses state that all those who believe in Jesus are saved. You probably know that Christianity is not the only religion that believe in Jesus, for example on Islam where He is an important Prophet. I ask these questions because as someone who has grown up in a Muslim country, I realise that I could just have easily been born to a Muslim family and would adhere to their religious beliefs and values. I am blessed to have been born in a Christian family and to have a fruitful community, but I see the same warmth and love in Islam as I do in Christianity and I'm sure it's the case for other religions as well. I understand conversion and people who discover Christianity on their own but I'm not sure I would have found this path if I had not been born into it. I believe God is just so I believe there is an explanation I have not yet thought of. Thank you again.
Hello Naej,
It is no problem you asking questions. If I am unable to answer them, I'm sure other Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus here at Talk Jesus would help. You are correct that there are those who believe in Jesus, but the question arises when you look at their answers on who they believe Him to be verses who He identified Himself to be. Jesus asked Peter "He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Matthew 16:15. and Peter answered Him saying Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Matthew 16:15-16

Notice this also in the verses I used in my previous post from the Gospel of John. What is that belief that is being talked about? Not just in the name of Jesus, but that He is the Son of God. Christianity readily acknowledges His divinity, while others reject it, and so don't truly believe in Jesus the Son of God you find in Scripture.

That is why telling others the Gospel is important. If they look at their own religions, the Jesus they find is not who He actually is, but what the World and the Adversary wants you to believe He is. A special man, but no different then you or me. The Son of God is left out.

Now as far as warmth, and love that is found in other religions. This should be reason enough to want to share with them the Son of God Jesus Christ to them and the saving Grace that can be found in only one. For Jesus said: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 For the Jesus they believe in won't save them brother.

However, the minute you set before them something other than what they have been taught to believe who Jesus is. That is when the warmth and love you speak of will become selective. If it doesn't disappear all together. The opposite actions/behaviors will start to be exhibited, especially should you find yourself in a community or country that is predominately of another religion. It is then that Matthew 10:34, and the succeeding verses will start to make sense.

I truly hope this clears up some of the questions you have about belief in another Jesus. I still have loved ones who don't believe and also Brothers in Christ who also have loved ones, who have converted to other faiths. It is heart breaking, and something that we should bring to the Throne of Grace, in prayer that we might receive Mercy for them.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Belief in Jesus is not enough. I mean Satan knows exactly who Jesus is yet doesn't want a relationship. And as christ4ever also said it is important to consider what a person actually believes about Jesus. For reconciliation to actually happen it is important that we believe that when Jesus paid the penalty for our transgressions that his payment was sufficient to cancel out our debt, otherwise we will be left thinking that there is something left for us to pay. And we simply can't pay it. The debt that we occurred was against an infinite being, our debt was infinite. That is why it is so important to believe that the infinite God gave up paid that debt because there is simply no one else who could have.

And lets look at the Muslim faith. They can very well be very warm and happy families. They can also be very cold families who opperate on fear, just like any other family in almoat any other religion. That's just how humans are. We could be good or bad or through the grace of God we could have a relationship with God.