• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

who am i ?

2 Corinthians 5:17
therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

do we really and completely believe this?

do we openly accept that we are not who we used to be?

are we ourselves from before just with a slight alteration, or are we new, are we completely changed?

Ephesians 2:3-5
all of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. but because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

What where we before we accepted the love of Christ and allowed Him to enter our lives?

Where we majestic? Or wonderful?

Or did we act offensively to God, did we sometimes wilfully and sometimes by accident cause Him pain and suffering by the lives we lead

Ephesians 5:8
for you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

What are you know, what have you become now you have accepted His love, now you try and walk within this majesty?

Colossians 1:13
for He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves,

Where are you going?

What are you doing with your life?

Are you happy knowing that the death you have awaits you even more?

or are you ready to see Jesus in His fullness, are you prepared to walk within the light, savouring and developing into the creation that you where destined to become?

God bless you in your search for these answers, for the only place you will find them is in the Lord. May His love grace you and may His Spirit guide you

Scrappy

ok so we are a new creation in christ because of our spirit being alive yeah? and like it was not before. but i think it is wrong to think that the old person has gone because other wise we would not be struggling with stuff. The bible says about the renewing of our minds and so like if the old person has gone we would not have to do that.

It makes more sense to me if this means that the spirit is added on to us and that is why we are a new creation, the old creation is gone because of the added bit of our spirit being alive. like before we were just two parts and like now we are three parts.....new creation...brand new!HA!

so like yes i believe this and yes i accept i am not who i used to be (oo that was hard to type and not rub out LOL)

i do think i am self from before but not with slight alteration but with whole new creation as i ecxplained before.

What were we before we accepted the love of Christ and allowed Him to enter our lives?

selfish

What are you now, what have you become now you have accepted His love, now you try and walk within this majesty?

Am now a spirit led person instead of a self led person

will have to think more about the last questions as they are tricky to answer honestly. so i will think about them some more.

Eve

Hi Scrappy,

I believe that when we truly accept Christ into our lives it is a fresh start. However, how many of us can say that we take advantage of this wonderful opportunity? At least fully take advantage it. As far as I am aware the Bible does not say I will wipe you memory clean. If this was the case how would we ever learn from our mistakes. Sometimes our experiences good or bad can still influence us even though 'the old has gone and the new has come'. I think we cling onto memories that are bad for us and our reactions to these can sometimes result in poor coping strategies that continue to lead us in the wrong direction even though we are Christians. Old habits are hard to break if we don't form new good habits to replace them!

Forgive me, for this very simplistic example but it is the first that springs to mind.

My daughter contently messes her bedroom up. I go up to her room and thoroughly clean it out every so often but despite this fresh start she still messes it up in record time. She says she's not bothered about the mess but if her friends are coming around she will have a bit of a tidy. I try to help, I can only help her tidy up for the moment not change her way of thinking, unless she wants to take on board the ideas I have.

I ask her to bring her washing down to me when I am doing the washing and she doesn't. I ask her to do things in certain ways and she doesn't, she gets so caught up in doing what she feels is important at the time, like painting her nails or chatting on MSN with her mates or escaping from it all to wherever school, her friends houses, swimming etc.......Then she gets upset when she can't find anything, when she is lost under a ton of junk, when she doesn't have her favorite top to wear, when she can't find her books for school and she gets in trouble with the teachers because she hasn't brought the right book or she has forgotten her homework.

Even though I have provided her with a beautiful antique school desk in her bedroom with approx. 20 draws in it for all her books and a slanted writing area. She ends up using it for storing sweets, bits of make up, nail varnish other junk! I have given her more storage in her room than any other part of the house! Yet she still hasn't worked out how to take the best advantage of it. She holds onto things she doesn't need (clutter) and worse does not allocate an appropriate place for each thing. I will not give up on her though, I just want to see a bit of effort on her part. Yes, I want her to enjoy life, have fun but I also want her to organise her life appropriately. I love her and I want her to thrive in the world that awaits her.

I think our Father in heaven also sees us in a similar way. If we go to him he does a tidy of our lives but old habits die hard. So just as we continue to seek the Lord, so should we be constantly seeking good new ways to cope with the things in our lives (me included in this), so that we can do our part in helping ourselves to become more enlightened. So when it is time for us to experience a new world/existence (heaven) we are ready for it.

God Bless