• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Which church fellowship do you attend?

What church fellowship do you attend

• Total voters
Active
I don't think you understood my reply. I do talk to other believers. My brother in law is a preacher, I ask him questions. I am still in contact with a pastor I had growing up. I ask him questions and talk to him too. I have family/friends that I talk to and if I have questions I go to them. If I need prayer, I ask them to pray with me and they do the same with me if they need prayers, I pray. If they do not understand something about a verse or what God says about something, I try to help them. If one of us is headed down a wrong path, we let each other know! We hold each other accountable. Who holds you accountable? Just because I do not go to a physical church building, does not mean I am any less a Christian and doesn't mean I ain't serving God! I feel closer to God when I am around friends talking about God, praying and having fellowship in my back yard or at someones house than I do dressing up for a 1 hour service! Again, I am NOT bashing churches. I have been to some churches that were Holy Spirit led and were great. So please how is what I am doing wrong? Are we Christians required to dress up every Sunday and sit in a physical church building for services? Or can we have some friends over and read the bible, talk about the bible and pray? I feel God's presence more when I am among some close friends talking about God and having fellowship than I do in a building full of people. I have a special needs son and I do talk about God with him and pray with him. I teach him that it is important to have a relationship with Jesus and discuss other biblical topics with him best he can understand. So, hope that answers your many questions that you had. If not I do not know what else to say.

Where do you tithe? Who is training you in ministry? Who are your spiritual leaders? It is important to belong to a local fellowship for these and many other things that Jesus has so determined to be vital aspects of church life that He has raised up Apostles to establish churches to provide these things for the believer. There is no good reason therefore to not avail oneself of membership in the local church. The epistles are all written to churches, and instruction therein is for churches---so churches are a vital part of the Christian life.

No disrespect personally, but your questions are seem judgmental because I do not fit the "traditional" mold of a Christian. Becoming a member of a church does not make you any more of a Christian than someone who attends every Sunday. We obviously have very different views on what being a Christian is and how to worship. I do not feel I have to answer to you about every aspect of my spiritual walk with Jesus. I answered your questions with honesty. I am a Christian. I have been in the ministry. I have been a Christian counselor helping people with life additions. I have attended church every time the doors open, I have given traditional tithes, I have been saved, I have been baptized, I have studied a lot in the Bible. I am not a perfect Christian by any means, but I am a child of God and I do not doubt that one bit! So please with no disrespect to you ma'am, I am a Christian, a born again believer and please stop implying that I am not a true Christian because I do not do things as you do! God bless you and have a wonderful evening.

Active
No disrespect personally, but your questions are seem judgmental because I do not fit the "traditional" mold of a Christian. Becoming a member of a church does not make you any more of a Christian than someone who attends every Sunday. We obviously have very different views on what being a Christian is and how to worship. I do not feel I have to answer to you about every aspect of my spiritual walk with Jesus. I answered your questions with honesty. I am a Christian. I have been in the ministry. I have been a Christian counselor helping people with life additions. I have attended church every time the doors open, I have given traditional tithes, I have been saved, I have been baptized, I have studied a lot in the Bible. I am not a perfect Christian by any means, but I am a child of God and I do not doubt that one bit! So please with no disrespect to you ma'am, I am a Christian, a born again believer and please stop implying that I am not a true Christian because I do not do things as you do! God bless you and have a wonderful evening.

Don't take my questions as me being judgmental. These are questions that we all need to be able to answer. We all need to know why we belong to a local church, and those who don't need to know why they don't. No one should go for the reason that they are supposed to go, or that they were raised by their parents to go. Everyone needs to get in touch with the reasons for why they belong to a local church---or don't. Either way, we need to know what God's word says about it and believe that and follow that. Fopr such an important matter, one needs to search the scriptures about it and go to God and seek His will about it. Whatever he says, we ought to do.

So far in my studies over the years, His word tells us we need to avail ourselves of the covering of the local church. With that comes great blessing and forward movement in one's walk.

I understand that it is very important to be in fellowship with believers so we can lift one another up and help each other grow closer to God. I just do it differently than most do. Maybe someday I will join another church. If that is what God wants me to do than I will. For now, I like fellowship this way. God bless you and have a safe and happy weekend.

I attend a Vineyard church. I've learned more about God and felt accepted there more than I ever did at the denominational church I grew up in.

SLE

Active
I attend a Vineyard church. I've learned more about God and felt accepted there more than I ever did at the denominational church I grew up in.

SLE

If I were to recommend any church, apart from my own non-denominational one, I would recommend a Vineyard!

I do not attend any church. I don't believe I have to go to church to believe or pray in and to God. Once in a while I will attend my brothers non-denominational though.

Active
I do not attend any church. I don't believe I have to go to church to believe or pray in and to God. Once in a while I will attend my brothers non-denominational though.

A person who believes in Jesus Christ as His personal Saviour and has a relationship with Him, making Him his Lord will do as He commands----have regular fellowship with a local body of believers. Lone ranger Christians that do not become part of the Body of Christ have a problem. Putting God first in life guarantees the kind of love and obedience that draws a person to a household of faith.

Last edited:
It matters not the denom,title or label only that The Lord has placed or led you to it and that you serve with all you're heart The Lord of hosts ,king of kings and seek him at every turn...Rev

Last edited:

SLE

I also attend a vineyard church, we are a very small, close right knit group. We have a tent as a building but that makes it more intimate. Soon we'll have an actual building though.

Coming from Idaho(next to Utah) here where there is a Mormon LDS church around literally every corner I have found for myself that the best policy is to avoid 'religion' altogether.

Truly I don't do religion. I simply worship God.

I was raised Roman Catholic, joined a Christian and Missionary Alliance in my teens
and now I go to Associated Gospel Church as an adult.

Last edited:
Active
I was raised Roman Catholic, joined a Christian and Missionary Alliance in my teens
and now I go to Associated Gospel Church as an adult.

So pleased to read you have experience with the C&MA. I was raised in the C&MA. It is an excellent denomination where I found Christ as a child. The teaching there is strong and the many servants of God who take their responsibilities to disciple people from babyhood to adulthood are a blessing, and I credit them with the knowledge base I have received in the word as well as a lot of my spiritual growth. We were led to another church in our city when we physically moved house and it is non-denominational, and it has led us to greater maturity in Christ. All in God's great timing! My husband was raised in the Associated Gospel denomination and came to the C&MA in his teens.

Last edited: