• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

where?

Administrator
Staff Member
Is this what your referring to?

Acts 5

5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.

6 And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:

7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

Chad said:
Is this what your referring to?

Acts 5

5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.

6 And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:

7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

im very lost . . .can you help me out with my knot. . .my Acts 5:5-7 says this:

Acts 5
Ananias and Sapphira

5When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?"
"Yes," she said, "that is the price."

WHY??? lol . . .i cant solve the mystery. . .and cant find your answer. . .HELP :star: PLEASE :star:

Hi went looking for the verses - its actually Acts 13:5-7 (KJ)

Acts 13

Last edited:
peeps said:
im very lost . . .can you help me out with my knot. . .my Acts 5:5-7 says this:

Acts 5
Ananias and Sapphira

5When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6Then the young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?"
"Yes," she said, "that is the price."

WHY??? lol . . .i cant solve the mystery. . .and cant find your answer. . .HELP :star: PLEASE :star:
You are asking two questions, it seems.

Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5) had willfully attempted to deceive the Holy Spirit. Had they been allowed to continue, the integrity of the infant church would have been seriously comprised. The evil had to be removed from among them.

As to where Paul and Barnabus encountered Elymas the Sorcerer, it was at Paphos on the Island of Cypress (Acts 13:8).