• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Where Was God? Part 4

Where Was God? Part 4

After a week of recovery at my mothers’ house we packed up and drove back to the hospital. First we had to find a place for Bobbie, my wife, to stay. After finding a bed and breakfast we drove to the hospital. We were met there by a doctor that was going to start an IV. After three attempts and failures I told him to go back to the butcher shop and send in someone that knew what they were doing. He left and nurse came I and had no problem.

We next walk to the room where the doctor would begin getting me ready for the Gamma Knife. I was ask to sit up on a table. There were three nurses to assist the doctor. I didn’t know why three but it didn’t bother me. Next the doctor rolled a cart out with a cordless drill, various size drill bits and a ratchet set. Also there was the halo he was going to place on my head. I ask what all the stuff was for. He said, “How did you expect me to mount the halo on you?”

Bobbie was ask to leave the room at this point. The doctor told me he was going to inject something into four spots on my head and drill to mount the halo. I said that I hadn’t seen any of this when he explained the procedure to me. He said it was all in the paper work he gave me. At this time he started injecting me with the solution to numb the pain and inserted a drill bit into drill. Then he started drilling a hole in my head. The first thing I saw was smoke and bone chips flying. Then came the smell of burning flesh. I felt sick and didn’t know if I wanted to continue. When he finished the first hole he place a part of the halo on, inserted a bolt and with the ratchet, started tightening the bolt. There was a loud crack which sent chills all through out my body. Each piece of the halo had to be held by one of the nurses because of how heavy it was. On the third hole I had to stop the drilling because it was hurting to much. The doctor looked at me funny and said he would give me another shot and drill the fourth hole and come back to the third one last. After three pieces were mounted he tried the last one again. Still I could feel it and he didn’t believe me. He gave me a third injection at the spot and had a nurse hold something over my eye. He said if the solution got into my eye it would blind me. When he said I was ready he paced the drill against the frame of the halo and ask if I could feel the drill. I told him I’d let him know when he started drilling. He exclaimed that I really could feel it and I said why would I lie.

After the mounting of the halo wave after wave of chills kept running over me. The doctor told the nurses to get blankets to cover me and start rubbing my legs and arms. He said it was a sign that I was going into shock and they needed to warm my body up. Bobbie was allowed back in the room at this point. (Let the fun begin.)

An orderly came in and started rolling me to the operation room for another opening of the blood vessel in my leg so that they could see if the pellets had done their job. As he rolled me through the hospital, at certain spots, he covered me up completely with a sheet. I ask him why he was doing that and he said he didn’t want to scare the other patience’s in the hospital. I ask him if it looked that bad and he said yes.

At the operating room they moved me over onto another table and turned an electro magnet on. The halo was made of metal and when the magnet came on I couldn’t move even if I wanted to. After inserting the wire into my brain they injected a solution and started taking pictures. Again, people were all over running here and there. At one point they ask me to roll my head and I had to laugh because as long as the magnet was on I couldn’t do anything. After all the pictures were taken I was clamped and rolled back through the hospital to a room next to the first one where they put the halo on me. They helped me off one table and onto another. I was as weak as a kitten from all the trauma inflected. After placing me on the table, I glanced around. It was very dark and I didn’t know how they could see. The doctor explained that this was the room where he’d be doing the Gamma Knife. The table started moving and I slid into something that looked like a giant hair dryer with thousands of holes in it. He explained that once inside this machine he would slide cobalt rods into three holes. These rods would line up with the Aneurysm and he would then turn on the radiation for a certain period of time and that would be it. The first two rods when in with no problem, but when he tried the third it wouldn’t lock into position. He told me there was a micro phone and speakers in this machine. This was so that he could talk to me and I to him. He said he had to go up into the control room and run some numbers. If I needed to talk he would be able to hear me and I him. Everyone left at this point and I was the only one left in the room. I tried to look around but couldn’t because of the two rods that were already locked in. After five minutes, which seemed like eternity, I heard the doctor said that he had found a better position for the third rod than the computer.

The doctor came back and reinserted the third rod and it locked into position. The doctor said he’d be leaving and the procedure would begin shortly. After he left there was a hissing noise. I ask what that was and the doctor said that the room was being sealed. The events that happened next changed my life, FOREVER….

Written by Richard