• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Where is your Trust?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"Now therefore, stand and see this great thing which the LORD will do before your eyes: "[Is] today not the wheat harvest? I will call to the LORD, and He will send thunder and rain, that you may perceive and see that your wickedness [is] great, which you have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking a king for yourselves." 1 Samuel 12:16-17

Desiring a king was not wrong in itself, but the Israelites had lost trust in God and were seeking a visible human leader. Samuel wanted to convince them they had done a wicked thing, so he called upon the Lord to send a crop-flattening rainstorm in the middle of a bone-dry summer. When God answered, the Israelites were afraid.

This passage shows the opposite ends of trusting in God. Samuel trusted that God would answer his prayer, while God's people had misplaced their trust in an earthly king.

Do you see yourself in either scenario? Has your trust in a worldly process caused you to stray from God? Or does your trust in God allow you to pray for Him to show up to meet desperate needs or to manifest Himself to people who have forgotten Him? If you're like Samuel, never lose heart. If you're like the Israelites, repent and find forgiveness in God's arms.

Prayer: Lord, sometimes I'm like Samuel, and sometimes I admit I'm more like Israel when it comes to trust. May I never fail to look to You, whatever situation I find myself in.