• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Where is the respect?

I don't like how some women who try to devalue men and masculinity.. It is just another brand of women and women that will be judge by someone far greater than me. The truth is that the genders are different and each can do things better.butt by you reach the number 10 It plays out to be about the same. The idea is not to focus on the one difference or the other. Instead, it's all about respect. I guess I need to watch less news. Do you know today I learned on TV that it has been suggested that woman should be changed to womfems or womwom or some such nonsense. Isn't that sick. Now, where is the respect in that?
As far as deviating form words or phrases in the Bible, well, that's not my judgment either. I guess I just do not need to broadcast the way I fell about Christian women who do deviate even if it does reflex my beliefs. I think you call that tolerance, right?

Loyal
I don't like how some women who try to devalue men and masculinity..
Truly we live in the last days where all this is described in the scriptures in order to define the times we live in...
Romans 1:22-32 is a pretty severe indictment upon people who replace the fear and knowledge of the God of Israel with their own politics and alternative
philosophies in exchange for the truth of God's righteousness.
Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Even down here we have the problem of women who want to be men and compete in a "man's world" - so all the professional women are often dressed up
in men's suits or in masculine work dress codes. As we get closer and closer to the Day of the Lord those who hate the Bible, who hate Jesus and truth, who hate
God the Father, are openly and assertively challenging our wonderful Christian heritage in all aspects of public and private life.

2Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, ... [perverse]

The world will be divided more decisively between the righteous and the unrighteous; and between the Godly and the un-Godly.
And yes they will challenge and persecute Christians through the use of the Law and by public mocking.
In Canada, I believe, it is actually illegal to criticize homosexuals or to even call out homosexuality as a sin.

Active
:coffee: NOT THIS WOMAN! :coffee:

Like I have said in another post - I AM ALL for having the man be the rock, the leader, the upper hand & the last word. Does that make me a weak, simple minded, feeble, needy & dependent woman NO! Being obedient & submissive is NOT & should NOT be viewed as weak. If ANYTHING it should be seen as a skilled talent :) Not many people can allow someone to take on responsibilities. To hear the word obey used to make my skin crawl. Now, It's an honor to hear. I used to say ALL THE TIME if a woman wants equal rights, she should be willing to take equal lefts too without folding.

God himself has said Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. He's said many other things too but this one sums it up without debate.

:coffee: NOT THIS WOMAN! :coffee:

Like I have said in another post - I AM ALL for having the man be the rock, the leader, the upper hand & the last word. Does that make me a weak, simple minded, feeble, needy & dependent woman NO! Being obedient & submissive is NOT & should NOT be viewed as weak. If ANYTHING it should be seen as a skilled talent :) Not many people can allow someone to take on responsibilities. To hear the word obey used to make my skin crawl. Now, It's an honor to hear. I used to say ALL THE TIME if a woman wants equal rights, she should be willing to take equal lefts too without folding.

God himself has said Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. He's said many other things too but this one sums it up without debate.

This is Exactly how I feel. Have you been reading my mail? I have to admit that I was over the top until recently about equal respect that should be paid to a woman for being a woman like you. And I thought I knew everything,LOL. I guess an old horse can learn new tricks.... If led to the barn,,...,. a barn with OPHEL in it too.

Active
re·spect - rəˈspekt/ noun: respect
1. a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Now, with that definition one couldn't simply "respect" a person because of the sex they were born as. Respect is given due to their abilities, qualities, or achievements doesn't mention anything about their sex. "Respecting" someone because their female doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe it's because they (we) are the weaker sex because THAT is the way it was intended. Having a big mouth doesn't make me dominant. No more than being masculine makes me more like a man. I myself have witnessed many women elbowing themselves into a mans role & they look silly. I'm a "no holds barred" kinda person when it comes to my words & how I describe things so I'll say it like this... If the day ever comes where a woman has the ability to produce ***** & create a human that is when she will be neck & neck with a man. Till then we should shut up, sit down & know our roles. THAT has taken me 43.2 years to say AND admit! ALL GLORY TO GOD!!!!

Active
I believe what is important is that men and women have the very same value to each other,for man was not alone for long in creation,at least I do not think he was! LOL Man has, and to me will always have a great need for woman in there life,even if they become just a friend.For a helpmate, who is woman can be a helpmate whether they are married or not to me.( Luke 2:36-38) for example,another example of a woman disciple is found in (Acts 9:36-43). So much value did this woman have that Peter himself came to minster life back to her!! Because of the important lesson I myself have learned from Holy Spirit ( Rom 12:3). All woman and all men have great value to the believer. And to me the value we all have in Christ Jesus is the very same! Gal 3:26-29

Active
This is Exactly how I feel. Have you been reading my mail? I have to admit that I was over the top until recently about equal respect that should be paid to a woman for being a woman like you. And I thought I knew everything,LOL. I guess an old horse can learn new tricks.... If led to the barn,,...,. a barn with OPHEL in it too.

ROFL! Thanks...I think!

ROFL! Thanks...I think!

I have been on this site for awhile and my wife of 4 years had not minded at all. However, when she saw the picture of the LORD KNOWS member she was livid. Her thing comes from two things. Back when I use to counsel woman on the internet and at night. Also, her x husband had an several affairs. With very much reluctance I will say good by. Remember, I want to burst her bubbles from the past. I will be one last time to say goodbye.

David

Active
I have been on this site for awhile and my wife of 4 years had not minded at all. However, when she saw the picture of the LORD KNOWS member she was livid. Her thing comes from two things. Back when I use to counsel woman on the internet and at night. Also, her x husband had an several affairs. With very much reluctance I will say good by. Remember, I want to burst her bubbles from the past. I will be one last time to say goodbye.

David

I wish you well my friend & I KNOW you're doing the right thing. It will be sad not seeing you around. I pray God lays it on her heart that trust can be gained again. You're a good man for putting your wife first!!!

God BLESS YOU & YOUR WIFE!

Loyal

David
Take care David! You must follow your heart in this, I understand. Keep giving God the glory as you walk with Him.

Staff Member
@dh charles
Take care my brother. You know you have my love and prayers.

Just keep in mind that you might also provide her the opportunity to join and talk with the very Godly women she is distrustful of. For Godly women they are and in prayer your wife might find them to be the ones to open her heart, mind and spirit to the Love our Lord Jesus Christ.

For in truth, they will be able to communicate with each other things that they might not share with us as men. We know the best guidance that can be is from the Holy Spirit, yet if lacking or can I say with that being said. Knowing that she might be able to communicate with women who seek God first might turn to become something to Glorify God and a benefit in your relationship with your wife and marriage.

She might say no, but leaving her with the opportunity will show her that you have nothing to hide from her, because we are your Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus and only desire the best for you and your family.

Always brother, with love of the Lord.
YBIC
Nick
<><

"If not here then up in the Kingdom of God we will meet"

Man is not above woman. We are equal partners over Creation under God.

Please address these Scriptures.

Ephesians 5:22

• 22) Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23) the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24) in everything to their husbands. (ESV)

1 Peter 3: 5-7
  • 5) For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6) Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 7) Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.(KJV)

Active
Please address these Scriptures.

Ephesians 5:22

• 22) Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23) the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24) in everything to their husbands. (ESV)

1 Peter 3: 5-7
  • 5) For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6) Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 7) Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.(KJV)

Women don't submit to husbands as if they are bosses over them. They respect their husbands who do as God command them---to love them sacrificially. ...just as we respect, revere and submit in that vein to Jesus Christ. Husband are "head" or "kepha" in the sense of a river having a head---or ORIGIN or SOURCE. A male is the origin of a woman--Ever was created out of Adam. Jesus is the originator or source of the Church.

Yes, a woman is normally the physically weaker of the two in a marriage, and so men must be mindful of that, and women also. Scripture says right there that we are heirs together---and that is, equally of God's great grace. It is because of Christ in us that we can know, understand and walk in equality in Him. Jesus has come to bring reparation to that area of our lives, as the great equalizer, and we must be very careful not to adopt the world's attitudes about it, nor the wrong attitudes of religious folk.

Women don't submit to husbands as if they are bosses over them. They respect their husbands who do as God command them---to love them sacrificially. ...just as we respect, revere and submit in that vein to Jesus Christ. Husband are "head" or "kepha" in the sense of a river having a head---or ORIGIN or SOURCE. A male is the origin of a woman--Ever was created out of Adam. Jesus is the originator or source of the Church.

Yes, a woman is normally the physically weaker of the two in a marriage, and so men must be mindful of that, and women also. Scripture says right there that we are heirs together---and that is, equally of God's great grace. It is because of Christ in us that we can know, understand and walk in equality in Him. Jesus has come to bring reparation to that area of our lives, as the great equalizer, and we must be very careful not to adopt the world's attitudes about it, nor the wrong attitudes of religious folk.
That is incorrect. Where is the Scripture to support this claim? There are none.
Those verses contradict what you say... [1 Peter 3: 5-7] teaches us to 'Be like Sara who called her husband lord and submitted fully and found joy through submitting to him.' and then it acknowledges that women are weaker.
As for [Ephesians 5:22], this is clearly saying that a wife is to submit to her husband in [24]everything she does.

Peace be with you.

Active
That is incorrect. Where is the Scripture to support this claim? There are none.
Those verses contradict what you say... [1 Peter 3: 5-7] teaches us to 'Be like Sara who called her husband lord and submitted fully and found joy through submitting to him.' and then it acknowledges that women are weaker.
As for [Ephesians 5:22], this is clearly saying that a wife is to submit to her husband in [24]everything she does.

Peace be with you.
In Christ, we are equal partners, made whole in Him, and restored in Him so that we are pure and holy such as we have been created...like Adam and Eve before the fall----equal partners working together, holding dominion over the earth. In Jesus, this is how we are.

breakbread,I have just a question for you.How do you look at this? Gal 3:27-29? thanks!
I see this as such:
God's chosen people are the descendants of Abraham. It does not matter their gender,social status or race. All of Abraham's descendants are promised eternal life.
We are not equal but we have equal opportunity for the promise in Christ.

Staff Member

David

Greetings @dh charles

no matter what others may say, it is worth thanking your wife who you love for helping you to see something that perhaps you missed, if indeed you have seen it.
Rather than bursting her bubbles as you put it, try praying for comfort and healing, for fullness of joy and peace from our Lord and Saviour.
It saddens me that you talk about your wife in such a manner here.
Can we imagine Christ doing the same? Surely not.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it;
Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Colossians 3:19

Follow the LORD, not your heart (exception being when your heart trusts in the LORD, only and fully) and lean not on your own understanding nor consider your strength sufficient. It is not.
Because the Scripture says women are the weaker vessel DOES NOT mean that men are not also weak.
Our Strength comes from the LORD.
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:2

If you leave, leave with the right motive and use discretion, seeking to glorify the LORD.

Grace and Peace to you and your wife, David.

Bless you ....><>