• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Where does your faith come from?

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but here goes. I have held off asking this for some time becuase I wasn't sure how people would react. Often times when my faith is feeling weak I start to feel really down and try to analyze what exactly my faith is or where it comes from.

I remember that there are thousands upon thousands of other faithfull Christians who live and who have died on this earth. They are/were not crazy and most of them are very intelligent sane people who I look up tp. So I begin to wonder where does thier faith come from? Does it come or begin from a specific experience or revelation, does it come from a spiritual assurance or maybe convincing arguements made to support Christianity?

These questions I have are for all of you. Where does your faith come from? I guess knowing that there are many other faithfull people and understanding thier faith will give me strength against my own self doubt. Please be honest and respond from your heart.

Faith

Romans 10:17 Romans 12:3

Do a study on faith by looking up all the references to it....In my concordance I must have way over a hundred, to many to count!

I would say if you read them all, your faith would increase abundantly.
Can I challenge you? Do that?

TimK,
A personal thought, of where my faith has come from.....

It started as a child, hearing the word of God, and then seeing that word come to life.
Rev. 3:20
Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock.
If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and I will sup with him, and he with me."

I heard the word, believed, then saw it fulfilled......my faith grew.

Then I heard from the word, we had angels in charge over us....
I believed the word, saw it fulfilled, and my faith grew...

From faith to faith, seeing it manifest, and come to life, It grew
Faith cometh from hearing, and hearing from the word of God.

Get into the word, and apply with in.....
Ask God to increase your faith and he will.....and it will grow.

Thank you. I don't have a concordance but in the subject section at the back of my bible there are about 20 passages listed. I will have to give them a good read over. By seeing your faith manifest what exactly do you mean? I think I understand but I sometimes doubt what I believed to be God working in my life. I will tell my self it was just a coincidence or I'm jumping to conclusions. I wish I wouldn't so easily forget the times I believe I've seen God working in my life. Fortunatly my battles with doubt are getting fewer and farther between. Thank you for you responses!

This article may interest you.

let us know what you gain from reading it.

thanks,

T

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I don't have a concordance but in the subject section at the back of my bible there are about 20 passages listed. I will have to give them a good read over. By seeing your faith manifest what exactly do you mean? I think I understand but I sometimes doubt what I believed to be God working in my life. I will tell my self it was just a coincidence or I'm jumping to conclusions. I wish I wouldn't so easily forget the times I believe I've seen God working in my life. Fortunatly my battles with doubt are getting fewer and farther between. Thank you for you responses!

God knows our heart, he knows our thoughts even.
The Bible says that....
As a small child, I heard the word that Jesus will knock on your hearts door.
For a year I heard this story, and it is found in Rev.3:20
One Sunday, the invitation was given, If Jesus is knocking on your hearts door, raise your hand if you want him to come in ......I felt three knocks on my chest, and knew it was Jesus knocking, I raised my hand.
I was 6 1/2 years old. I wanted Jesus as my savior.
I believed his word, and he manifested its reality.......my faith grew.

In the next few years God made me know he was with me. I felt his presence.
We are told in The Bible we have angels unaware, and they are given charge over those who are heirs of salvation.
I've told the story elsewhere so wont go into the length of it ,but when I was 11 God, or an angel, spoke audibly to me, saving the life of myself, and a friend with me........my faith grew. Hebrews 1:14
I'm referring to these kind of things.... Faith ,by faith as we walk in belief, we grow in grace, and knowledge of our Lord.
These are special memories of my child hood, but God used them to increase my faith, and let me know he is real and in my life.

As we grow we believe, then we see.

I have heard men say, well I'll believe it when I see it, but with God it is the other way around.

As we walk in faith believing, we will see his wonders to perform, and he touches each one of us in a personal way.
Your experience will be your own ,between you and God, for he is a personal Savior, and knows the very thought, and intent of our heart.
I pray you will simply believe his word, and see the fulfillment of it, as faith by faith you grow in grace,and knowledge of our Lord.

Last edited:
Everybody is given the same amount of faith. You have to exercise it. Maybe you should start a prayer journal and pour your heart out to Him. Whenever you feel discouraged you can look back at some things you had written and see where the Lord has answered you prayers. Faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains. We have not because we ask not.

DeeperStill - I read the article you referenced and it seems to be aimed at making the argument that faith isn't given by God, it is something that we must develop and are responsible for.

Romans 10:17 So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I do agree with that for the most part we have to make the effort to build our faith. But is it wrong to ask God to help strengthen our faith? Am I wrong to think that if I begin to increase my faith God will use that openess to further strengthen that faith? Such as hearing the word, believing it and seeing it manifest? As Gracealone stated. I believe seeing faith manifest in your life will help increase faith that you already have.

I understand what you are saying Gracealone I have to first hear and believe in the word of God. I must first open the door before the Lord can come in. I just become complacent at times and neglect to stay in the word daily. This is made worse by the lies of the world; I read too much news, I hear college professors dumb down Christianity in history, sociology, and other classes that are teaching "diversity" related education. Its my own fault. Complacency when things are going good is one of my biggest problems.

P.S. I will try to get a prayer journal started as well, thank you
angiekay0027

May God Bless, and keep you, his face shine upon you, as you seek to walk with him, and know him more each day.......

Keep in the word, for God himself exalts his word above his name...

Ps:138:2 :thumbs_up:love:

Hi Tim

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but here goes. I have held off asking this for some time becuase I wasn't sure how people would react. Often times when my faith is feeling weak I start to feel really down and try to analyze what exactly my faith is or where it comes from.

I remember that there are thousands upon thousands of other faithfull Christians who live and who have died on this earth. They are/were not crazy and most of them are very intelligent sane people who I look up tp. So I begin to wonder where does thier faith come from? Does it come or begin from a specific experience or revelation, does it come from a spiritual assurance or maybe convincing arguements made to support Christianity?

These questions I have are for all of you. Where does your faith come from? I guess knowing that there are many other faithfull people and understanding thier faith will give me strength against my own self doubt. Please be honest and respond from your heart.

Faith for me comes from deep in side of me. It is what tells me what I can trust in. And, is a big part of my conscience.

To have this faith that i have, one must not only believe in The Almighty GOD & HIS Son Christ Jesus, but they must trust in them.

For me with out having this trust I have, how then can I say I have faith.

My faith in The Almighty GOD is so real because my trust in HIM & HIS Son Christ Jesus is so real.

Don't know if that makes any sense to you or not, but it's truth from the bottom my heart.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus, *genesis!

Active
Where does Faith come from?To me,please read matt 13:19-23 First, before Faith can even grow,we must have this!! 1 Cor 13:1,then read verses 4-8 Ok? LOVE must be our foundation period,without love, to me faith has NO PLACE to go. So ok now you have the correct seed,for faith to grow,now we look for good ground in which to plant it.In order for faith to mature and grow big and strong in us,we water it with love,we make a good top soil wich is the Word. Luke 11:4 Give us this day our what?? amen!! daily bread!! This is not bread for our bodys! It is the bread of the Word,I have food you know not of!! matt 4:4!! So now we have love,our top soil is the Word, and last but never least!! We give out time to Jesus!Prayer! a Good woman or man of God must pray daily!! The more time you take in this,the greater the harvest of faith in ones life! There is a lot more,but this will give you a great growing LIVING!!! Faith! amen be blessed! jude 1:24-25!!

My faith comes from hearing the voice of God and being led by the Spirit. My relationship with God is such that i commune with him like I'm talking to someone one to one. I ask questions and he answers me. I get revelations from God about my life, hidden things i do not know of(Jeremiah 33.3) and about my future(John 16.13). There is nothing better than being led by Spirit of God in every area of your life and knowing what to do in all circumstances because God directs your path(Proverbs 3.6). I pray every christian would get to the level where they experience this in Jesus name.