• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Active
For the last 40 years of being a Baptist Pastor/Teacher, one question has always topped what I had to answer. Where do we go when we die. Obviously, over the years, I've had to learn more and more so that my teaching would have an element of biblical Truth from the Scriptures as well as my own opinions of what I believe that I've received from the Holy Spirit of Almighty God Who sometimes has favored me with revelation.

First of all, before I start with my findings, I'm curious as to what you good folk have to say about this topic. Scriptures? and thoughts? Lets have fun with this and lets remember that we love each other and any harsh wording against what someone might believe is not good, and should not happen.

*grabs some popcorn and sits back* this is an interesting topic to watch....

Better yet, I'll be back later after I look at this a bit, never really thought of an answer more than "well, we go to heaven or hell"
Heck I don't even know if that is really in Scripture. I'll be back when I have a thought *giggles, this is going to be a fun one*

Active
*grabs some popcorn and sits back* this is an interesting topic to watch....

Better yet, I'll be back later after I look at this a bit, never really thought of an answer more than "well, we go to heaven or hell"
Heck I don't even know if that is really in Scripture. I'll be back when I have a thought *giggles, this is going to be a fun one*

Oh Boy, I was hoping you'd jump into this one, he, he. We are going to have a lot of fun. I have some idea's that perhaps the folk on this Forum have not thought of...Yet! :eek:

Loyal
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:17

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." Gen 3:6

So then from that day all people were born dead walking around like zombies, but... Jesus said:

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

And how does this happen?

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die..." John 11:25-26

But... then perhaps your question concerned the fleshly body, (which was born dead), which we readily speak of as being alive, although to God it is not as I see it. That flesh that never took hold of the promise of Jesus is dealt with here:

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." Ecc 12:7

So where is it we go then when we die? It seems that we were already dead until we received Jesus. The flesh, however, and its ways are another thing, aren't they?

This is not really an answer. Just thinking out loud. First, I did not realize that there could be so many spins on this. Kingdom, Heaven, Paradise, resurrection, sleep..... geesh!

So, in Luke 23:43 it would seem that when someone who is Christ's dies they would immediately go to Paradise. If you take out or move a comma though ....then it is Jesus basically saying; "I tell you this today, you will be with me in Paradise" which could be at any time. Changes the whole thing now doesn't it.

I see some verses that talk about sleeping.... well, I wonder if it matters when someone dies. If they have died before Jesus or after, if that somehow ties in to sleep verses being with Jesus.

And as Amadeus shared as well ....in Ecc 12:7 it seems like our physical body is here..doesn't go anywhere but back to the dust/earth. It is our Spirit that shall return to God.

Then there is I Cor. 15:50-55 Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God (no clue if this means heaven) and that we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.... And wasn't there a few that went straight away to the third heaven and did not die? which could be confusing because somewhere it also says that it is appointed for for all men to die once.... (but that is a diff. subject)

*so going to munch on my popcorn and sit back to watch what comes of this.....for now..*

Active
This is not really an answer. Just thinking out loud. First, I did not realize that there could be so many spins on this. Kingdom, Heaven, Paradise, resurrection, sleep..... geesh!

So, in Luke 23:43 it would seem that when someone who is Christ's dies they would immediately go to Paradise. If you take out or move a comma though ....then it is Jesus basically saying; "I tell you this today, you will be with me in Paradise" which could be at any time. Changes the whole thing now doesn't it.

I see some verses that talk about sleeping.... well, I wonder if it matters when someone dies. If they have died before Jesus or after, if that somehow ties in to sleep verses being with Jesus.

And as Amadeus shared as well ....in Ecc 12:7 it seems like our physical body is here..doesn't go anywhere but back to the dust/earth. It is our Spirit that shall return to God.

Then there is I Cor. 15:50-55 Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God (no clue if this means heaven) and that we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.... And wasn't there a few that went straight away to the third heaven and did not die? which could be confusing because somewhere it also says that it is appointed for for all men to die once.... (but that is a diff. subject)

*so going to munch on my popcorn and sit back to watch what comes of this.....for now..*

Hang in there my friend, things are going to make sense very shortly.

Active
Thanks for those of you who have already replied to this thread. I'll post some thoughts and we'll see where this takes us.

Years ago, when I hadn't really researched and arrived at a solid theology on dying and going to heaven, I used this classic portion of Scripture as I'm quite sure you have too.

2Corinthians 5:6 "Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

So now we need to discover what it means to be "present with the Lord." Normally, when we speak of a loved one who was a believer in Christ Jesus, we, like my friend Ellie, say, they've gone to Heaven. Ok, Heaven must be an awfully large place, where exactly in Heaven do they go? Lets look at the next Scripture.

John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Apparently, in Heaven, our Heavenly Father has a "house" with many rooms, and Jesus the Son of the Father is preparing a mansion or rooms for us when we die, leave this earth and our soul & spirit go there.

Now, it's my Heavenly Fathers "House" that I want to pin down as to exactly where it is in this great big Heaven. Lets see what this place is called. Jesus gives it a name in Luke 23:43 "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."Jesus calls it Paradise.

We still have not really pin pointed where this Paradise is located. Here is where I am going with this thread....I am suggesting that the New Jerusalem that Revelation 21:10 speaks about has always been where our Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit have always been and it's in Heaven.

I'll stop right here and let you all ponder my words, and lets see what you have to say at this point. I'll be posting more information on each of the principle items that I've listed so far.

Staff Member
Greetings,

may I ask if it is written that we go to Heaven?

Also, may I ask regarding your OP and question, could you please give indication as to what 'time' frame you are looking at, as in immediately at death or perhaps at His return... or perhaps even later, or perhaps eternity?

Thank you.
Thank you also for bringing this subject up as it usually comes to mind for most people, even if they do not believe.

Bless you ....><>

Last edited by a moderator:
Active

RJ

Well, as a believer, "Born Again" Christian, when I die, I go to heaven, I don't really think I need to provide scripture for that, right?

If we are true to ourselves, we have all pondered this question but the Bible doesn't give a lot of details what Heaven is like, exactly what we will be doing and, I don't mean floating on a cloud, playing a harp either! But, I have gleaned a few things over the years and, pending actually dying and finding out for sure, with out any argument as brother @Chopper has requested, this is how I see it:
  • 1 Corinthians 13:9 -12 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known........I haven ever heard this preached or read it anywhere, the following, for various reasons, is about dying and going t o heaven.Usually, I have been taught that 1COR13 is the love chapter and pretty much nothing else but, putting 2 and 2 together, I come up with something much different....not being totally perfected and suitable for a spiritual existence 24/7, God said we couldn't see him face to face ( up close and personal)...in his presence and still, partially anyway, a physical being. The Jews knew this vary well from Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.".. here in 1COR13, I see , when we die, we will somehow be totally perfected in God's presence, see him "face to face" and know him as well as he knows us. So, first of all, where do we go when we die..we go before God. God says he is spirit and we must worship him in spirit and truth. So, the truth is we will be in his Spiritual Realm, or heaven!
  • One additional thing about 1COR13.....the end, we have all heard and read about....the part about, "Now what remains, Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest of these is love. This supports my idea about 1COR13 because, without faith there is no hope and love is the only one of the three that we take with us to heaven!
  • The Bible gives us several glimpses into what we will be like in Heaven!

Active
Greetings,

Also, may I ask regarding your OP and question, could you please give indication as to what 'time' frame you are loking at, as in immediately at death or perhaps at His return... or perhaps even later, or perhaps eternity?

Thank you.
Thank you also for bringing this subject up as it usually comes to mind for most people, even if they do not believe.

Bless you ....><>

Well hello my old friend Br. Bear. I'm so glad that I returned to "Talk Jesus" Forum. You were one of my favorite Brothers of whom I enjoyed your posts. Thank you for responding to this thread.

There are ample references to Heaven, and our involvement there in Matthew Chapter five. This is one of my favorites....
Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."

It seems to me that the Apostle Paul believed in an immediate entrance to where Jesus the Son of God is in Heaven....

2 Corinthians 5:6 "Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Personally, I like what Jesus said while on the Cross....
Luke 23:43 "And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I hope this answers your questions.

Love You Brother.

Active
Greetings,

Also, may I ask regarding your OP and question, could you please give indication as to what 'time' frame you are loking at, as in immediately at death or perhaps at His return... or perhaps even later, or perhaps eternity?

Thank you.

Bless you ....><>
2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

+ common sense.

If your kid was an ISIS hostage and your significant other paid the ransom with their life.... you would A) abandon your kid at an Iraqi airport / on the plane / at a local airport? or B) Get them to you ASAP and give them a big welcome?

Many believe we go to the ground then heaven or ground then earth, never seeing heaven. All this fails a sanity test.

Active
Where Do We Go When We Die?

You know Chopper as I have matured as a Christian (going on 20 years now) I have certainly learnt to better understand God. I really do. His nature and who He is. Many who teach we either go to a cruel hell or a sweet heaven have yet to grasp Him. They read His word like a dictionary or encyclopedia. We have to take His word as is but then also grasp what is not being said / apply who He is to all scripture / apply hermeneutics.

Yes we either go to heaven or hell. With God or not with God. But lets not for a second think hell is a bad place. In contrast to heaven hell is terrible. But God is not insane. God is good. Hell will be as nice as possible from His doing. God loves His enemies because He is love. God does not change. Because God loves His enemy, He has to accept their choice to not be with Him. They love sin more then hating it John 3:19. So He creates a home for them. He could just annihilate them, but He doesn't. He does not dishonour a creations free will to hate Him. I can't believe how good God is. Hell is not evidence of God's bad side. It is evidence of His good side. His mercy and love that endures forever on even the worst of the worst.

Active
You know Chopper as I have matured as a Christian (going on 20 years now) I have certainly learnt to better understand God. I really do. His nature and who He is. Many who teach we either go to a cruel hell or a sweet heaven have yet to grasp Him. They read His word like a dictionary or encyclopedia. We have to take His word as is but then also grasp what is not being said / apply who He is to all scripture / apply hermeneutics.

Yes we either go to heaven or hell. With God or not with God. But lets not for a second think hell is a bad place. In contrast to heaven hell is terrible. But God is not insane. God is good. Hell will be as nice as possible from His doing. God loves His enemies because He is love. God does not change. Because God loves His enemy, He has to accept their choice to not be with Him. They love sin more then hating it John 3:19. So He creates a home for them. He could just annihilate them, but He doesn't. He does not dishonour a creations free will to hate Him. I can't believe how good God is. Hell is not evidence of God's bad side. It is evidence of His good side. His mercy and love that endures forever on even the worst of the worst.

Thank you my good friend KingJ for your reply. You are in the minority of Believers who see a better side of hell than hell itself. That's good! Bravo. I'm always startled a little about the lack of knowledge that folk have on what happens to the folk who have never been saved. Look at these verses please....
Revelation 20:11 "Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.
20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done."

It's the "according to what they had done" that is not part of their theology. The nice little old Lady down my street who never wanted to become a Christian, but did all kinds of good things in her life span, is not going to receive the harshness of the Lake of Fire as will Hitler, or Bundy, or other blood thirsty killers.

So, thank you for reminding me of the degrees of punishment in Hell for those who were never saved.

Active

RJ

I see as told, God is light. I would think that in many regards, Hell is the antithesis of God or heaven and dark. I don't, without knowing for sure or,even have the right to say but, it seems plausible that hell is void of God and light. Irrespective of "fire and brimstone, I can't think of a worse place to spend all eternity, having God totally absent!

Active
I see as told, God is light. I would think that in many regards, Hell is the antithesis of God or heaven and dark. I don't, without knowing for sure or,even have the right to say but, it seems plausible that hell is void of God and light. Irrespective of "fire and brimstone, I can't think of a worse place to spend all eternity, having God totally absent!

It seems to me, that if someone was to compile all the Scripture references about what hell and the Lake of Fire is, and put it into a lost persons hands, that somehow could cause him/her to repent and be saved. But then, even if someone came back from being in hell, and told of the darkness and horror, it wouldn't change anyone.

Active

RJ

It seems to me, that if someone was to compile all the Scripture references about what hell and the Lake of Fire is, and put it into a lost persons hands, that somehow could cause him/her to repent and be saved. But then, even if someone came back from being in hell, and told of the darkness and horror, it wouldn't change anyone.
Ya, your probably right....I suppose the one thing that keeps a person out of hell in the end, is if they believe they are sinful or not.....fire and brimstone preaching does a lot less!

Staff Member
Well hello my old friend Br. Bear. I'm so glad that I returned to "Talk Jesus" Forum. You were one of my favorite Brothers of whom I enjoyed your posts. Thank you for responding to this thread.

There are ample references to Heaven, and our involvement there in Matthew Chapter five. This is one of my favorites....
Matthew 8:11 "And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."

It seems to me that the Apostle Paul believed in an immediate entrance to where Jesus the Son of God is in Heaven....

2 Corinthians 5:6 "Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

Personally, I like what Jesus said while on the Cross....
Luke 23:43 "And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I hope this answers your questions.

Love You Brother.

Greetings,

thank you for your response.

I do not wish to complicate what you are presenting here @Chopper . I shall sit back and perhaps later my questions might become more interesting.

Most people I know come across the 'death' of someone they know, as you no doubt are aware of and therw are many questions asked. While it is 'nice' to tell people 'nice' things, we have a duty, some perhaps an unction, to answer in truth, according to what is written and to resist answering with man made interpretations or man made 'nice' solutions to the grieving.

Beware of the wolves and beware of deception.

The subject you are presenting is important and in fact much more important than most bother with but as you may well have seen, most do not have answers that are sound or that they are fully convinced of through Scripture.

May another note be made, namely, some well meaning men are adamant that we must never tamper with what is written nor mis-quote Scripture, some even are very blunt about it and get worked up, even some also who insist on one version or another of the 'English' tongue, or perhaps Greek or Hebrew according to the little they know and yet on this most important subject, they are willing to accept misleading quotes and renditions and interpretations and even purely traditional or fanciful teachings,

Not perishing and eternal life, not tasting death, death losing it's sting, born again and a new heaven... all tied in with a kingdom where such is true, being seated with Him being one with Him, alive and quickened... and as you already mentioned, sitting at a banquet of these delights with Abraham and his descendants...

and there is also the second death....

Thank you again for you response.and kind words.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings @KingJ ,

If your kid was an ISIS hostage and your significant other paid the ransom with their life.... you would A) abandon your kid at an Iraqi airport / on the plane / at a local airport? or B) Get them to you ASAP and give them a big welcome?

I don't do 'kids' so that one went over my head. Perhaps try again, if you don't mind?

Bless you ....><>

The Sheep and the Goats from Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory: And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave Me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me in: Naked, and ye clothed Me: I was sick, and ye visited Me: I was in prison, and ye came unto Me. Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, and fed Thee? or thirsty, and gave Thee drink? When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in? or naked, and clothed Thee? Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.

Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave Me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in: naked, and ye clothed Me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited Me not. Then shall they also answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall He answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Loyal
John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Interesting topic brother, it is amazing how many (even preachers) think heaven is sat on a cloud playing a harp.

How boring that would be if it was true but it is so far from the truth.

Many who teach we either go to a cruel hell or a sweet heaven have yet to grasp Him. They read His word like a dictionary or encyclopedia. We have to take His word as is but then also grasp what is not being said / apply who He is to all scripture / apply hermeneutics.

These are head Christians brother, there are lots of them, academic, good speakers, yet to actually accept Jesus in to their hearts. He is in their head only.

Yes we either go to heaven or hell. With God or not with God. But lets not for a second think hell is a bad place.

Ermmm, scripture does not say hell is a good place. I do not know of any scripture that tells us hell is not a bad place?

I agree brother, God is light, hell will not have the light, it cannot. The Bible contrasts light and dark as it does salvation and sin.

I suppose the one thing that keeps a person out of hell in the end, is if they believe they are sinful or not.....fire and brimstone preaching does a lot less!

The one thing that keeps a person out of hell is SIN, not accepting Jesus/Yeshua, not repenting of all our sins. (That's two things!)

The Sheep and the Goats from Matthew 25:31-46

When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory: And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave Me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me in: Naked, and ye clothed Me: I was sick, and ye visited Me: I was in prison, and ye came unto Me. Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, and fed Thee? or thirsty, and gave Thee drink? When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in? or naked, and clothed Thee? Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.

Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave Me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in: naked, and ye clothed Me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited Me not. Then shall they also answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall He answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Amadeus2 and others have covered things very well, as you also have brother Chopper, I was also pleased to see Matthew 25:31-46 above.

If I may go back a little, sorry I have only just read the thread, this is what I believe although I am open to correction.

I won't include scripture that has been quoted so keep to the facts...

God created man from the dust of the earth (the earthly body). He breathed into the human being the breath of Life (the Holy Spirit) so the body as we know it is two parts, body and spirit.

Moving on to when we die, take our last breath, the body returns back to the dust of the earth, the spirit beings to God and returns to God. (Until we receive our resurrected bodies)

So when a person dies our spirit goes to heaven, the current heaven, sometimes called the intermediate heaven. Why intermediate? Because when Adam and Eve was created, before the Fall, God walked in the garden with them, they were in Paradise, with God. But after the Fall they, and all mankind, were separated from God through sin. Everyone who dies after the Fall, but before Christ returns, will go the present Heaven or hell, the intermediate Heaven or hell. But after Christ returns in Great Glory we will receive our new resurrected bodies and be with Him forever, in Paradise, the New Heaven. (Providing we are Born Again).

So what happens to us when we die?

99% of funeral services allow the listeners, those still remaining, to believe 'everyone' goes to Heaven! Same scriptures are quoted every time...

But I believe this is not the case, those who are born-again will go to the current heaven, as Jesus said on the cross, 'Today you will be with me in Paradise'. But, He only said that to the one who repented.

When we die the body returns to the earth, the spirit goes to Heaven, it returns back to God. It belongs to God. At this stage a person will get a glimpse of either Heaven or hell, but it is a waiting place before the real thing. Heaven is actually the earth we stand on now. Jesus will RETURN, the devil will be defeated, we will have resurrected bodies. The New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven, God will command Jesus to Return, before man (with satan's help) destroys the earth we now live in. Paradise that once was (before the Fall) will be replaced on the earth God created, Heaven will be on earth, God will be with us as He was with Adam and Eve, Sin will be no more.

When Christ returns, all people will be judged. The ones who did not accept Jesus and did not repent of their sins will come before the Great White Throne and will be judged for every SIN they have done, thought and said. The ones who were Born Again believers will also be judged but for what they have done for God whilst on earth. There sins were forgiven and remembered no more so they are only judged for what they have done for God.

I wait patiently for any replies and corrections which I will receive gracefully.

God Bless you, Jesus loves you I do too.

Active
Interesting topic brother, it is amazing how many (even preachers) think heaven is sat on a cloud playing a harp.

How boring that would be if it was true but it is so far from the truth.

These are head Christians brother, there are lots of them, academic, good speakers, yet to actually accept Jesus in to their hearts. He is in their head only.

Ermmm, scripture does not say hell is a good place. I do not know of any scripture that tells us hell is not a bad place?

I agree brother, God is light, hell will not have the light, it cannot. The Bible contrasts light and dark as it does salvation and sin.

The one thing that keeps a person out of hell is SIN, not accepting Jesus/Yeshua, not repenting of all our sins. (That's two things!)

Amadeus2 and others have covered things very well, as you also have brother Chopper, I was also pleased to see Matthew 25:31-46 above.

If I may go back a little, sorry I have only just read the thread, this is what I believe although I am open to correction.

I won't include scripture that has been quoted so keep to the facts...

God created man from the dust of the earth (the earthly body). He breathed into the human being the breath of Life (the Holy Spirit) so the body as we know it is two parts, body and spirit.

Moving on to when we die, take our last breath, the body returns back to the dust of the earth, the spirit beings to God and returns to God. (Until we receive our resurrected bodies)

So when a person dies our spirit goes to heaven, the current heaven, sometimes called the intermediate heaven. Why intermediate? Because when Adam and Eve was created, before the Fall, God walked in the garden with them, they were in Paradise, with God. But after the Fall they, and all mankind, were separated from God through sin. Everyone who dies after the Fall, but before Christ returns, will go the present Heaven or hell, the intermediate Heaven or hell. But after Christ returns in Great Glory we will receive our new resurrected bodies and be with Him forever, in Paradise, the New Heaven. (Providing we are Born Again).

So what happens to us when we die?

99% of funeral services allow the listeners, those still remaining, to believe 'everyone' goes to Heaven! Same scriptures are quoted every time...

But I believe this is not the case, those who are born-again will go to the current heaven, as Jesus said on the cross, 'Today you will be with me in Paradise'. But, He only said that to the one who repented.

When we die the body returns to the earth, the spirit goes to Heaven, it returns back to God. It belongs to God. At this stage a person will get a glimpse of either Heaven or hell, but it is a waiting place before the real thing. Heaven is actually the earth we stand on now. Jesus will RETURN, the devil will be defeated, we will have resurrected bodies. The New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven, God will command Jesus to Return, before man (with satan's help) destroys the earth we now live in. Paradise that once was (before the Fall) will be replaced on the earth God created, Heaven will be on earth, God will be with us as He was with Adam and Eve, Sin will be no more.

When Christ returns, all people will be judged. The ones who did not accept Jesus and did not repent of their sins will come before the Great White Throne and will be judged for every SIN they have done, thought and said. The ones who were Born Again believers will also be judged but for what they have done for God whilst on earth. There sins were forgiven and remembered no more so they are only judged for what they have done for God.

I wait patiently for any replies and corrections which I will receive gracefully.

God Bless you, Jesus loves you I do too.

Thank you Brother Paul for your addition to our thread. Some of your thoughts I agree with and some I would question. I'll state some more of my thinking in a new post, and hopefully will answer some of what I question about your reply.

Again, I welcome your thoughts and theology.

Loving You in Jesus the Son of God.