• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

When You See Injustice

Staff Member
How long will you judge unjustly, And show partiality to the wicked? Selah Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; Free [them] from the hand of the wicked. Psalm 82:2-4 NKJV

Of all the tough questions the skeptic can ask about the Christian faith, probably the most difficult is, “If God is so good, then why does He allow so much suffering in the world?”

That’s a tough question for even the most learned Bible scholar to handle, for it forces believers to ponder the nature of a God who created the world and who self-identifies as love itself. The world is filled with oppressive levels of poverty, war, slavery, and many other evils. Evil people use and exploit the vulnerable and the weak for their own benefit.

And God cares.

God cares so much that He has called Christian men to both pray and take action. He calls you to stand up to and oppose those who hurt or exploit others (see Proverbs 31:8-9 and Psalm 82:3, for example).

What action can you take to care for the helpless, feed the hungry, or free the enslaved?

Prayer: Generous Father, I am grieved when I hear horrible stories of abuse and exploitation. Show me how I can stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves, and then strengthen me so I can take action.

Active
How long will you judge unjustly, And show partiality to the wicked? Selah Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; Free [them] from the hand of the wicked. Psalm 82:2-4 NKJV

Of all the tough questions the skeptic can ask about the Christian faith, probably the most difficult is, “If God is so good, then why does He allow so much suffering in the world?”

That’s a tough question for even the most learned Bible scholar to handle, for it forces believers to ponder the nature of a God who created the world and who self-identifies as love itself. The world is filled with oppressive levels of poverty, war, slavery, and many other evils. Evil people use and exploit the vulnerable and the weak for their own benefit.

And God cares.

God cares so much that He has called Christian men to both pray and take action. He calls you to stand up to and oppose those who hurt or exploit others (see Proverbs 31:8-9 and Psalm 82:3, for example).

What action can you take to care for the helpless, feed the hungry, or free the enslaved?

Prayer: Generous Father, I am grieved when I hear horrible stories of abuse and exploitation. Show me how I can stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves, and then strengthen me so I can take action.
What action would you take Christ4ever? We are called to love our enemies, do good to those who do spitefully use us, turn the other cheek when being abused. Jesus could have called down hosts of angels, but he chose rather, to allow himself to be nailed to a cross. We are not called to do things the way the world does. It is not our fellow man who commits these atrocities, it is the one who they are bound by. Jesus and Stephen knew this when they prayed "forgive them father, for they know not what they do." We are called to give our lives for Jesus, I pray that if ever I am called to do that, I am given the grace as Stephen was. bless you.

Loyal
Good question brother,

What does The Word say?

1 Peter 3:13-17 (NKJV)
13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled."
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

1 Peter 4:1-2 (NKJV)
1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

Romans 5:1-6 (NKJV)
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Suffering brings us closer to God, if it wasn't for suffering many souls would not be saved, they would wallow in earthly luxuries and sin with little care about anyone else but themselves. God allows suffering as a wake up call for people to seek Him.

Our suffering, no matter how much is miniscule compared to the suffering Christ went through for our sins.

Romans 8:18 (NKJV)

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

In His Love

Staff Member
What action would you take Christ4ever? We are called to love our enemies, do good to those who do spitefully use us, turn the other cheek when being abused. Jesus could have called down hosts of angels, but he chose rather, to allow himself to be nailed to a cross. We are not called to do things the way the world does. It is not our fellow man who commits these atrocities, it is the one who they are bound by. Jesus and Stephen knew this when they prayed "forgive them father, for they know not what they do." We are called to give our lives for Jesus, I pray that if ever I am called to do that, I am given the grace as Stephen was. bless you.
Dear Brother,
You ask a question, that to me is simple, even in the complexity of the situations we may find ourselves in, and the difficulties we have in applying it to them. Love them.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Dear Brother,
You ask a question, that to me is simple, even in the complexity of the situations we may find ourselves in, and the difficulties we have in applying it to them. Love them.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
Amen. :innocent: