Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

When You Fast

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Coconut, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ...

Thankies *blush* but I'm just a typist.

All I did was correlate what I could find in the Bible for what God had to say about food and fasting - credit for the actual Teachings found there belong to Him alone.

2. "Then they will fast" Mk 2:20

Jesus knew there would come a time when he would not be physically present any longer with his disciples/chuch. Perilous times would come when supernatural strength would be needed. "Then they will fast IN THOSE DAYS"

WE are living in such days today - the bridegroom is absent, and our needs for spiritual power are so very great. Jesus intends for us to seek after God with prayer and fasting.

3. "It is noteworthy that the Assyrians would not even allow their animals to eat or drink during this time of national repentance. We have yet to see the likes of this anywhere else in the world."

I don't know that this is true.

Aren't there sultans who've made animals fats during Ramadan?
    Or is that just King of the Wind?

My family and I just fasted for Yom Kippur.

It was our first time and perhaps could have gone better.

*G*

The boys and I neither ate nor drank, however.

This is a required fast and a high holy day, so it should be observed...when the believer is ready, or trying to be ready.

Bless up!

4. Declare a Holy Fast - Joel 1:14

Happy New Year!!

The Awakening America Alliance is calling a 21 Day fast and prayer for our nation. This Holy Fast is from January 1 - 21, 2009. If you are serious about praying, fasting and our nation, consider joining this fast. You can contact them by doing a search for their address and sign up.

With a new president and administration coming January 20, this is a critical moment for our nation.

Joel 1:14Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly. Summon the elders
    and all who live in the land to the house of the LORD your God,
    and cry out to the LORD.

George

5. Agreed

I used to fast to honour God, but haven't done so in many years.

6. Wow... amazing information. Thank you Coconut and Janette. This information on fasting is impactful and has helped me tremendously!

7. Psa 35:13 But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth, I afflicted my soul with fasting; and my prayer, may it return into mine own bosom.

Dan 9:3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes.

1Co 7:5 Do not deprive one another, unless it is with consent for a time, so that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer. And come together again so that Satan does not tempt you for your incontinence.

8. I really appreciate this post. God bless you and your family, Amen.

9. :secret: I get too hungry and go into low blood sugar mode when I try to fast. Is there anything that I can do? I want to spiritually fast, but I get light headed and dizzy. There is really nothing wrong with me accept low blood sugar.

10. what are some good liquids for the normal fast?