• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

When I went through “The Dark night of the Soul” I thought that was something, until I ran into this!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Active
It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply. AW Tozer.

If you allow me here with a little grace, I will reply to “AW Tozer’s” quote iwith a hint of “ghetto vernacular”.

“He ain’t never lied”! AW Tozer, is on point.

Active
If anyone thinks that “GOD” the Father did not Greatly Bless His Son for Coming down here on Earth and suffering a violent Death. We all need to read a little bit more.

New Living Translation
When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. (Isaiah 53).

And that is just a snap shot,
And we think we got a gift, “Jesus is getting a gift too”. Now what kind of Gift will a “God” get. What do a gift look like, coming from His Father!
If you let me imagine a little bit, The Father saying to His Son. Son , I got something for you! It’s a gift! Just do what I tell you, it’s a gift.
New International Version
Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.

Staff Member
A man named Abraham sent his trusted servant to find a bride for his son, a son beloved, offered and brought back from the sacrifice alive.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became Him, for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Saying, I will declare Thy name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto Thee.

And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Hebrews 2:9-13

Active
Was, it easy for “The Word of God” to put on “Sinful flesh” and walk in this world? was it painful just to be here let alone die? Could you even imagine how “Terrible it was” for Him, just to be here.

Active
It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply. AW Tozer.

If you allow me here with a little grace, I will reply to “AW Tozer’s” quote iwith a hint of “ghetto vernacular”.

“He ain’t never lied”! AW Tozer, is on point.
I love tozar have 2 book of of his best sermons in shorter versions really helped me in my walk as some of the churches ive been in just dont speak the same language as some of the older saints the real gritty hard truth .
we all love the love talk
but we need the hard truth also so tozar is a good read with much wisdom .
whats your favorite tozar book ?
see if i read it or an except from it
and had to smile Ghetto venacular yes indeed (expecially now i got me dictionary out again ploughboy )Like it.
God bless x

Active
I love tozar have 2 book of of his best sermons in shorter versions really helped me in my walk as some of the churches ive been in just dont speak the same language as some of the older saints the real gritty hard truth .
we all love the love talk
but we need the hard truth also so tozar is a good read with much wisdom .
whats your favorite tozar book ?
see if i read it or an except from it
and had to smile Ghetto venacular yes indeed (expecially now i got me dictionary out again ploughboy )Like it.
God bless x
"In Pursuit of God"

PS and many christians do not understand, that when God spoke to His people through the Prophets in spoke in the common language of the people he was addressing. even in the Original written text. He got their attention, if you know what i mean when he meant business. LOL, enjoyed your journey.

Active
"In Pursuit of God"

PS and many christians do not understand, that when God spoke to His people through the Prophets in spoke in the common language of the people he was addressing. even in the Original written text. He got their attention, if you know what i mean when he meant business. LOL, enjoyed your journey.
yes got this book in best of tozar excellent x