• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

When God Says it will Happen, and it doesn't

When God says "Call for the Elders, anoint with oil, pray for the sick, and the prayer of faith will restore the one who is sick."

As in many cases today, what do we say when what God says does not happen?

Where is the fault to be laid?

Last edited:
God often does not immediately answer us, but sometimes He does answer immediately. I do not know why this happens because I do not know the hearts, minds and faith of the people praying, nor do I know the miond of God. What I do know is that we should pray continuously with the expectation that He will answer simply because He says He will answer and because Jesus told His apostles "Whatso ever you ask my Heavenly Father for in My Name He will do.

A wise old preacher once told me "Pray until something happens." Another way of saying this is...Pray seriously and continuously to show your faith and perseverence to our Lord.

When God has put all the things in place that He knows are necessary for our answer, we will have our answer. If we pray and nothing happens and we become disheartened at the lack of an answer, where is out Faith? Where is our acceptance of God's will in our lives, even when the answer is not what we wanted?

God answers prayer. "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much!"

Don't stop praying until something happens.

I am convinced that if my parents had stopped praying the second week of my 105 degree temperature as I lay fighting Polio, I would be dead. But they did not stop they did not falter in their faith and God answered their prayers and the 3 of us kids were healed of Polio.

The bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Don't stop praying until something happens and pray expecting and trusting God to answer

God richly bless you

Bob

I like what your preachen Bob.

I like what your preaching :love: :boy_hug: Bob. Keep it up! I know you are new here so just a friendly reminder, there is a spell checker provided for our convenience, I know cause I use it all the time.

The best of spellers have big fingers on little key boards like me and sometimes our typing gets ahead of the computer and it puts the letters out of sequence for us.

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD, the ONLY begotten Son of GOD.

DeaconBob3 said:
God often does not immediately answer us, but sometimes He does answer immediately. I do not know why this happens because I do not know the hearts, minds and faith of the people praying, nor do I know the miond of God. What I do know is that we should pray continuously with the expectation that He will answer simply because He says He will answer and because Jesus told His apostles "Whatso ever you ask my Heavenly Father for in My Name He will do.

A wise old preacher once told me "Pray until something happens." Another way of saying this is...Pray seriously and continuously to show your faith and perseverence to our Lord.

When God has put all the things in place that He knows are necessary for our answer, we will have our answer. If we pray and nothing happens and we become disheartened at the lack of an answer, where is out Faith? Where is our acceptance of God's will in our lives, even when the answer is not what we wanted?

God answers prayer. "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much!"

Don't stop praying until something happens.

I am convinced that if my parents had stopped praying the second week of my 105 degree temperature as I lay fighting Polio, I would be dead. But they did not stop they did not falter in their faith and God answered their prayers and the 3 of us kids were healed of Polio.

The bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Don't stop praying until something happens and pray expecting and trusting God to answer

God richly bless you

Bob

franky67 said:
When God says "Call for the Elders, anoint with oil, pray for the sick, and the prayer of faith will restore the one who is sick."

As in many cases today, what do we say when what God says does not happen?

Where is the fault to be laid?

God always does what He says. It just happens at times that it is not His will at this time, or that the person needing healing will not receive it until the Lord Jesus returns and raises them incorruptible, Whole and Perfect.

Is 55:8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
Is 55:9 "For {as} the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.
(NASB)

This may not be much of a comfort right now but it is true,It all works out according to the will of God and His purpose.

Peace be with you,
John

Thank You All

Beautiful encouraging words, My favorite

"Don't quit praying until something happens"

Administrator
Staff Member
Like others already mentioned, let me sum it up in the shortest simplest way:

GOD's timing not ours
GOD's will not ours
Pray Pray Pray!

May I inject something here on prayers....In the book of Daniel....He was praying
and then an angel showed up 3 min later and told him God has answered him before he even finished praying.....Then once again Daniel was praying and He did not recieve an answer for 21 days.....again an angel showed up and told Daniel that God has answered his prayer before he even finished.....but the answer was held up by the devil and his cohorts.....the angel Gabriel was doing battle for 21 days......so to sum up the story which is in Daniel chapter9.....God answers all of our prayers with a yes...and its right away....but the answer might not come the way in which you are looking for it.....Jesus says in Matthew
that if you pray for anything in my name according to his will the answer is YES.
Do you think that God the Father answered all of Jesus prayers....yes he did.....
did he answer then all right away......yes he did.....then why would he treat you any different......God the Father loves you just as much as He loves His only Son.
Hope this helps