• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

When GOD delivered a sinner.

I grew up in a poor neighborhood, with only my mother and 3 siblings to raise me. My mother wasn't the best mother, but she did everything she could to make sure we stayed off of the streets.
Fast-forwarded many, many years and I am now 21 years old, drinking day in and day out. I shared a small apartment with my roommate and boyfriend at the time, which they were childhood friends. We struggled to get by with bills, however my roommate was well off, and so he helped us tremendously.
I did not care for the LORD at the time, and all of us were lost in darkness. We were blasphemers, liars, chain smokers, drunkards and adulterers. A year later, we lived in the same apartment complex, but a different apartment number, and my roommate moved on with his life and moved out...
A short while later, we heard that my old roommate ended his own life. I knew that he did not accept Christ as his Lord and Savior and well, I became very depressed, because I knew in my heart... the unspeakable.
Anyway, one day after his funeral, I was mourning on the couch (that he gave us) and I decided to google the Bible and I came across my favorite Scripture to this day.

Revelation 21
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.
7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

I believe GOD sent an angel to comfort me that day.
Since then, and it took A LOT OF TIME, I have been a firm believer in Christ. I got married, got a job and started going to school to be a teacher. I quit drinking so much and I quit smoking cigarettes. GOD is so good, and HE does GREAT works in even the worst of sinners. Amen and thank you for reading this.

Loyal
@breakbread - Thank you for sharing your testimony. I can attest to God's saving grace, his forgiveness of sin, and of his wonderful mercy towards sinners to deliver them out of slavery to sin and to free them to now walk in his righteousness. What an awesome God we serve!

He is very awesome and merciful and I am so grateful to have seen the light. Praise him, and bless you both!

Staff Member
Greetings,

thank you for sharing this with us.
May you ever grow in His care and learn quietness and abiding with joy and peace, through grace.

Bless you ....><>