• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

When does the Holy Spirit enter?

When does the Holy Spirit enter a son of God? Is it at the time of acceptance of Jesus as our Saviour? Is it at the time of our baptism? Is it when someone, ordained by God, lays hands on that person? If a person is unsure of a specific time and place, should that person be concerned? Can a person be saved by Grace without having the Holy Spirit?

Your efforts to help answer my questions are appreciated.
Amen!:love:

Hi!

I think that the Holy Spirit is always with us, since before birth, regardless of if we believe in Jesus or not, but there are rules through which He can save us (namely Jesus).

In the bible, new testiment it says that you can choose to be Jewish, and by doing so you would have to follow their law to salvation. Now obviously Jewish people do not believe in Jesus' name, but they do have faith in Him, and their law requires them to do his will, and by doing His will we love Him, therefore we know Him ( if you love me you will obey my commands ). and so they are saved without actually knowing Jesus, so it's not just Christains who "suddenly get hit with God", we just become "aware of his presense".

Taz3d said:
and so they are saved without actually knowing Jesus, so it's not just Christains who "suddenly get hit with God", we just become "aware of his presense".

Taz3d - would you please read the forum rules where it states to back up with scripture when stating a point.

http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?t=53

It is impossible to be saved without knowing Jesus - John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Administrator
Staff Member
Taz3d said:
Hi!

I think that the Holy Spirit is always with us, since before birth, regardless of if we believe in Jesus or not, but there are rules through which He can save us (namely Jesus).

In the bible, new testiment it says that you can choose to be Jewish, and by doing so you would have to follow their law to salvation. Now obviously Jewish people do not believe in Jesus' name, but they do have faith in Him, and their law requires them to do his will, and by doing His will we love Him, therefore we know Him ( if you love me you will obey my commands ). and so they are saved without actually knowing Jesus, so it's not just Christains who "suddenly get hit with God", we just become "aware of his presense".

Galatians 2:16
knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

1 John 5:11-13
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

John 10:28-29
28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

Going by your 8 other posts, your motive is very clear.

Amen! said:
When does the Holy Spirit enter a son of God? Is it at the time of acceptance of Jesus as our Saviour? Is it at the time of our baptism? Is it when someone, ordained by God, lays hands on that person? If a person is unsure of a specific time and place, should that person be concerned? Can a person be saved by Grace without having the Holy Spirit?
Your efforts to help answer my questions are appreciated.
Amen!:love:

At the very moment they become a child of God, the Holy Spirit indwells them. But don't confuse the intial indwelling of the Holy Spirit with the baptism of the Holy Spirit, they are two seperate experiences.

Romans 8:9
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them are not Christians at all.)

Upon Moment of Conversion!

jiggyfly said:
At the very moment they become a child of God, the Holy Spirit indwells them. But don't confuse the intial indwelling of the Holy Spirit with the baptism of the Holy Spirit, they are two seperate experiences.
Romans 8:9

But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them are not Christians at all.)

Good and correct answer brother jiggyfly!
And brother Chad tells it like it is!

Here's my 2 cents worth!

Eph:1:12: That we should be to the praise
of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Eph:1:13: In whom ye also trusted, after
that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel
of your salvation: in whom also after that ye
believed, ye were sealed with that
holy Spirit of promise,

Eph:1:14: Which is the earnest of our
inheritance until the redemption of the
purchased possession, unto the
praise of his glory.

God Bless,

Joe