• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

whats wrong with this picture

I was once naive of the fact that racism was no longer in this country but slowly I believe the problem is still here in America. Alive and breathing. Society has become cold to the fact of grouping individual problems with racial downfalls. Blacks are looked at in the mainstream a certain way and is fuelled by comedians and actors. While the truth is being severely compromised. I hate to say it but as an African- American we have given in to this stigma somewhat, but outside naysayers continually blame and blame, bringing to the table plates with no food in front of a starving audience. What does this picture make you feel. Go to the link for the picture http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories/2005/04/050422girlarrest.shtml

You know, I'm not sure that racism is the underlying problem in the story. The point being made was that the child was completely uncontrollable...the fact that the police had already said that they'd handcuff her before (whether serious or not) does give the idea that this was not a single outburst, nor an overreaction.

The fact that Ja'eisha is black isn't relevant, unless you're implying that they wouldn't have called the police in a similar situation if she was white (I think they would have done...), or unless someone is implying that Ja'eisha was violent and uncontrollable because she is black. No-one was, and anyone who is must be a bigoted fool.

That her parents clearly have a major problem on their hands, and that they are likely to shoulder a good part of the blame for her standards of behaviour - yes. That they're black? Irrelevant.

Racism, though, is a very easy charge to level, and a very difficult one to refute. I can't speak for American society, but British society is having resurgences of racism because of the rather large and sudden number of immigrants into the country. However, most racism here isn't open - its the insidious (or natural?) sort which leads you to identify more closely with people who are like yourself. Pacifists do not seek out warmongerers, scientists and artists have little in common, everyone hates lawyers...

Judging someone by skin colour is only at best a value judgement on what else that says about them, like what clothes they wear, or how they hold themselves, and an inaccurate one at that, but its one you can't stop people making, at least not yet.

Racism here is not terrible, but then we have a very different racial history to America.

I really don't feel race is the issue here. The school was forced to bring in the police to restrain a child who was totally out of control. I believe blacks overall have been given an unfair tag because of the media in music and tv. Listen to a few Fifty-cent songs or see Chris Rock do a comedy show. Charles Barkley was on tv talking about how blacks are considered trying to act "white" if they care about their future or clean their language up. I live in Clyde Tx, Redneck city,USA. I see a lot of Rebel flags as I'm sure you do too. Bigotry makes my heart hurt to the core. I see black vs. white, spanish vs. black, white vs. spanish,etc... Jesus loves us all exactly the same. My brother, I apologize on behalf of any white man who ever hurt you. Only God can change the heart and replace anger and hatred with love and compassion.

Love in Christ,
Jeff

Each person must answer for their own actions. One can offer support for the hurt but no one can apologise for anothers actions. Such an apology is meaningless. If the person who has been racist apologieses then it has real meaning.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Very good posts--the obvious solution to racism, and every other problem--is becomeing a desciple of Christ---till one can see clearly they can only think in terms of human problems and human solutions---i have lived in the southern US most of my life, but have been fortunate to also travel extensively to as far away as Asia--all people are the same, no matter where one goes--they want to be loved and accepted

Hmm...I've got to say that I dunno, ecarg. I've met a fair share of devout Christians who are also devout racists. You'd *think* that following the teachings of Jesus would lead to love to all men, but I'm not sure its always the case...not everyone is as good a Christian as they say.

Legacy said:
I was once naive of the fact that racism was no longer in this country but slowly I believe the problem is still here in America. Alive and breathing.

There is only one "Race" and that is the human race.
Lets make sure we each, as individuals, examine our minds and hearts and realize that God created ALL people. And then let us each decide to Love as Jesus loved .... black, white, green, yellow, red ...we who are united int he Spirit are brothers and sisters.

ecarg said:
Very good posts--the obvious solution to racism, and every other problem--is becomeing a desciple of Christ---till one can see clearly they can only think in terms of human problems and human solutions---i have lived in the southern US most of my life, but have been fortunate to also travel extensively to as far away as Asia--all people are the same, no matter where one goes--they want to be loved and accepted
AMEN AMEN and AMEN!!!!!
1John 2:9-11
9*If anyone says, “I am living in the light,” but hates a Christian brother or sister,* that person is still living in darkness. 10*Anyone who loves other Christians* is living in the light and does not cause anyone to stumble. 11*Anyone who hates a Christian brother or sister is living and walking in darkness. Such a person is lost, having been blinded by the darkness.

Administrator
Staff Member
Tzeentch said:
Hmm...I've got to say that I dunno, ecarg. I've met a fair share of devout Christians who are also devout racists. You'd *think* that following the teachings of Jesus would lead to love to all men, but I'm not sure its always the case...not everyone is as good a Christian as they say.

It doesn't take that much wisdom and common sense to realize that those are racists are NOT Christians just because they say so. Did you ever think of that?

That kid needed an old fashioned butt whoopping way before that day ! I think they should have arrested the parents too ! Brother

Quote: Originally Posted by Tzeentch
"Hmm...I've got to say that I dunno, ecarg. I've met a fair share of devout Christians who are also devout racists. You'd *think* that following the teachings of Jesus would lead to love to all men, but I'm not sure its always the case...not everyone is as good a Christian as they say."

Some talk the talk without walking the walk of repentance that puts off the old self and puts on the Christ self of Love of God and the neighbor.

The Lord talked about "whited sepulchres" that appeared clean on the outside but were filled with dead bones.

Last edited:
BelifloRvrs said:
Quote: Originally Posted by Tzeentch
"Hmm...I've got to say that I dunno, ecarg. I've met a fair share of devout Christians who are also devout racists. You'd *think* that following the teachings of Jesus would lead to love to all men, but I'm not sure its always the case...not everyone is as good a Christian as they say."

Are you saying you agree with tzeentech ? Brother

Racism is an odd thing.For years here in Britian people were racist against black people,then later asians,now its mostly against eastern europeans.Having lived in Northern Ireland and witnessed the hatred between catholics and protestants it is interesting to note they are not really bothered either way about any race.All racism comes from a "perceived threat"to an individuals economy,identity or way of life.I agree with some of the other posts that the afore-mentioned little girl just happpened to be black,could just have easily been white.I love the fact that here at tj we have an underliying unity that transcends race,most of us are unaware of the colour of the person we are talking to and if we do it matters not a whit.Now if we can just get the rest of the world in line!

When i wrote this thread i wanted to know how others felt about racism and why people stereotype falsely, the actions of a specific color of people. When i first heard about certain churches in my city that didnt allow the attendance of african-americans into the congregation, I had to find an answer to something so backwards. Some things in this world would have any christian to ask a question but when it falls in the walls of the church i had to ask Why?

Well Legacy, a kid I work with was taken away by the Police from his foster home, he was in cuffs. He was retrained by the Police on the ground due to his uncontrollable behaviour. He assaulted a staff from the house and was going after an infant. The boy is 6 yrs. old and he continues to escalate his behaviour at school with me. He is not black nor is he white, is a mix. No prejudice involved here. But he will spend his life in jail, the cuffs are just a taste of how he will be treated. I will be reading about him in the paper in no time.