• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Whats the longest you have ever fasted??

Loyal
I have had several 3 day fasts, it cleanses your body of bad stuff and it helps you see that the physical demands of the body can be overcome with your will, hopefully in a christians sake, the will to obey God over the desires of the flesh.

Active
40 days? That is insanity. Jesus prepped His flesh for its crucifixion. If any of us do it, it is self righteous. Not sure how anyone will beat me in a debate on that.

I fast for a day, then feel too self righteous and debate with myself for an hour, then eat like mad.

Fasting is good for health benefits. Spiritual too, if you feel God is not listening to your repentance from repetitive sin we battle with. But there are other means of putting the flesh under that are less disturbing to a self righteous radar / works based repentance. Like, helping out at an orphanage or paying an old age home a visit for a whole weekend. Anyone done that? What about a 40 evening commitment to the house handyman issues for the widows and elderly in church?

Loyal
Moses fasted for 40 days twice. I would not call it insanity to do the same if it was where God wanted us to go... Insanity is choosing to follow the ways of man instead of the Way of God.

What all of us should be doing is fasting from sin. We need to stop partaking of anything that would lead to sin. Is not that the fast that would please God?

Impossible? What is possible is whatever God desires in each of us who is truly willing to surrender to Him. Could that include a 40 day fast? Certainly, but having said that I have done, not from meat and potatoes types of food anyway. What I would suggest is that each person read the words of this verse before comparing ourselves with one another too closely:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

Loyal
wise words brother

Moses fasted for 40 days twice. I would not call it insanity to do the same if it was where God wanted us to go... Insanity is choosing to follow the ways of man instead of the Way of God.

What all of us should be doing is fasting from sin. We need to stop partaking of anything that would lead to sin. Is not that the fast that would please God?

Impossible? What is possible is whatever God desires in each of us who is truly willing to surrender to Him. Could that include a 40 day fast? Certainly, but having said that I have done, not from meat and potatoes types of food anyway. What I would suggest is that each person read the words of this verse before comparing ourselves with one another too closely:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12