• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What's one of your favorite verses?

Which verses in the scripture encourage, amaze, and delight you?

In other words, which are your favorite verses?

Here is one of mine.

These verses describe Jesus,

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:15-18 (NKJV)

Powerful verses indeed, I love my Lord Jesus.

Active

RJ

I have several but these continue to give me hope and understanding what has happened to me:

<SUP class=versenum>Romans 5:8
<SUP id=en-NIV-28056 class=versenum>8</SUP> But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

</SUP>1 John 5:1
Faith in the Incarnate Son of God

<SUP id=en-NIV-30626 class=versenum>1</SUP> Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God,

John 3:3

<SUP id=en-NIV-26124 class=versenum>3</SUP> Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.<SUP class=footnote value='[a]'>[a]</SUP>”

2 Corinthians 5:17

<SUP id=en-NIV-28895 class=versenum>17</SUP> Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:<SUP class=footnote value='[a]'>[a]</SUP> The old has gone, the new is here!

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

<SUP id=en-NIV-28118 class=versenum>1</SUP> Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Last edited:
Too many!!!

I also have many verses that just amaze me:angel-animated:, but here are a few:

"Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me.In my Father's house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you.And if I shall go, and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will take you to myself; that where I am, you also may be". John 14:1-3

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

"Fear not, only believe". Mark 5:36

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God, with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind, and with thy whole strength. This is the first commandment. Mk 12:-30

I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather that the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted. Lk 18:14

And the Lord said to Samuel: Look not on his countenance, nor on the height of his stature: because I have rejected him, nor do I judge according to the look of man: for man seeth those things that appear, but the Lord beholdeth the heart. 1Sm 16:7

O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?Now the sting of death is sin: and the power of sin is the law.But thanks be to God, who hath given us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.1 Corinthians 15:55-57

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Luke 19:10

Give them according to their works, and according to the wickedness of their inventions. According to the works of their hands give thou to them: render to them their reward. Psalm 27:4

Be nothing solicitous; but in every thing, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God.And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus Philippians.4:6-7

Walk with wisdom towards them that are without, redeeming the time.Let your speech be always in grace seasoned with salt: that you may know how you ought to answer every man. Colossians 4:5-6

I know that the Lord will do justice to the needy, and will revenge the poor.But as for the just, they shall give glory to thy name: and the upright shall dwell with thy countenance. Psalm 139:13-14

Very good Skipbeat.

Yes Skipbeat, this is also one of my favorites.

Be nothing solicitous; but in every thing, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I'm still learning Scripture (not as efficiently as I should, unfortunately), but when I read the title of this thread, the first one that popped into my head is John 15:16 -- "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." (ESV)

The first part of the verse is what sticks out to me most. I didn't choose Him. None of us did. We wouldn't have wanted to. The unrepentant heart doesn't want to. We may recognize that need for something "more," but we won't go after God. He pursues us. He is sovereign, and I'm sure glad of it! :) I don't know why He wanted me, but I'm glad He did. And He still does.

I have other verses I really like, but they aren't coming to the forefront of my mind right now. I'll get back to it!

Two favorites of mine (because I've been seeking God for twenty-eight years and found these promises to be true):

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and everything you need will be given to you."(Mt 6:33)

"Once I was young,but now I am old yet I've never seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread." (Ps 37:25)

SLE

Last edited:
Dear SpiritLed.

I have to agree with you on the second one. That is a very comforting scripture.

Jeremiah29:11-14 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me and I will listen to you. And you will see Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord and I will bring you back from your captivity.

This is one of my all time verses because it is filled with God's promises of Love, peace and a future that He wants for us to have. To think if we search for Him with our whole hearts not just part but whole hearts that we find Him and He brings us out of our bondage and captivity...Praise God! We are no longer by the precious blood He shed for us captive to sin but are made free...we are free in Him and through Him made righteous. Such love is unfathomable yet this is what our Lord and Savior did for us. He loved us so much that He took our place and died then rose again so we could all be free
and reconciled to God the Father. Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened to you.

Praise and Bless name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is now and forever more!

Last edited:
Yes.

Dear AbbysAunt, this speaks so loudly of our Lord's nature, pure love.
That is a wonderful verse, very well chosen.

I'm still learning Scripture (not as efficiently as I should, unfortunately), but when I read the title of this thread, the first one that popped into my head is John 15:16 -- "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." (ESV)
I think in this verse Jesus talks about Apostles.

Hello Skattleyatches.

Vitalii is right regarding your chosen passage.

You can of course refer to Ephesians chapter one Skattleyatches, very similar.

Ephesians 1:3-6

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, <sup id="en-NKJV-29208" class="versenum">5</sup> having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, <sup id="en-NKJV-29209" class="versenum">6</sup> to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

You are doing well in your learning, keep reading. Just remember that Christ has preeminence in all scripture. That is, chosen in Christ not apart from Christ.

I have many favourites, like most here. Abby's is one of mine also. Love it. Most encouraging, and astonishing, is this...

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And then there's this one....
Ephesians 1:15 ¶ Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

The above is a Spirit inspired prayer for us all....this is God's will for us all...the very same power that raised Jesus from the dead is now working in us to change us into the image of Christ...wow

And this one more I discovered just recently, and fell in love with it...

2 Chron. 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

Dear Brakelite.

You have gone into over drive with those quotes. Our English language does not contain the necessary words to describe the astonishing depth of the revelations.

To become one with the divine nature, this is beyond my thinking ability.

No wonder we have to pray in the spirit on all occasions.

Psalm 121: 1-3.

v1.I will lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help.

v2. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

v3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He thast keepeth thee will not slumber.

So often I have needed to know that "my help cometh....my help cometh....from the Lord. Hallelujah.

In times of uncertainity "He will not suffer my foot to be moved" Hallelujah.

His word is like honey "sweeter than honey" to my lips.

Last edited by a moderator: