• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What you won't hear from the Health and Wealth Preachers

Loyal
This is a copy and paste from a buddy on FB, the article that goes into a deeper point of view can be found here
I Never Heard That

What you DO NOT hear from the faith/ prosperity teachers will be detrimental to your spiritual health. That’s right, it’s not what you hear that may be right but what you don’t hear.

* What you will not hear is the gospel presented clearly or fully

*What you will not hear is the denial of the flesh and picking up ones cross

*What you will not see practiced is discipling people to grow mature in the Faith

* They do not teach that following Jesus will include loss or suffering

* What you will not hear is teaching on living a life of contentment

* What you will not hear is correcting brethren who are teaching false doctrine

* What you do not hear is encouraging the use of discernment and judge what is false

* What you will not hear is a rebuke for false prophets and teachers

* What you will not hear is naming names of those who are the false teachers

* You will not hear teaching on the deity of Christ nor the Tri-unity

* What you will not hear is teaching on separation instead of unity

* What you will not hear is teaching how to witness to people of other faiths (the cults and other religions)

This is why the church is not seeing an influence for Christ the way we should in the world. We have greater attendance, larger buildings, more ministries, but the teachings today for the most part can be identified as skim milk. Of course addressing these matters is often offensive to those drinking milk. Until we are willing to deal what is taking place on the inside and change it we will not have the strength we desire to see on the outside. Thus we must change ourselves before we can effectively reach those who do not know Jesus Christ.

http://www.letusreason.org/Wf40.htm

Loyal
This is a copy and paste from a buddy on FB, the article that goes into a deeper point of view can be found here
I Never Heard That

What you DO NOT hear from the faith/ prosperity teachers will be detrimental to your spiritual health. That’s right, it’s not what you hear that may be right but what you don’t hear.

I can name at least three that do!

* What you will not hear is the gospel presented clearly or fully

Again I can name at least three

*What you will not hear is the denial of the flesh and picking up ones cross

Again

*What you will not see practiced is discipling people to grow mature in the Faith

False!

* They do not teach that following Jesus will include loss or suffering

Most churches I've attended in the las forty odd years do not preach this.

* What you will not hear is teaching on living a life of contentment.....

Too many variables to this subject. One cannot be content with sin in their life either.
What you will not hear is correcting brethren who are teaching false doctrine Boy is this one ever

wrong.....In fact its a flat out lie
What you do not hear is encouraging the use of discernment and judge what is false

OH my goodness...the average church is so full of myth, fairy tales and spiritual stupidity that it's obvious they do not teach it either.

* What you will not hear is a rebuke for false prophets and teachers

Again Untrue

What you will not hear is naming names of those who are the false teachers

That is true....Naming names is not right...One does not talk bad about the bretheren....How is his sin worse than yours?

* You will not hear teaching on the deity of Christ nor the Tri-unity

Another flat out lie.....We hear it in at least three churches that I can name

* What you will not hear is teaching on separation instead of unity

I just heard a sermon on this about fifteen minutes ago.....From a so called faith/prosperity church.

* What you will not hear is teaching how to witness to people of other faiths (the cults and other religions)

Not true again.....

This is why the church is not seeing an influence for Christ the way we should in the world. We have greater attendance, larger buildings, more ministries, but the teachings today for the most part can be identified as skim milk. Of course addressing these matters is often offensive to those drinking milk. Until we are willing to deal what is taking place on the inside and change it we will not have the strength we desire to see on the outside. Thus we must change ourselves before we can effectively reach those who do not know Jesus Christ.

Actually the reason the church seems to have no influence is because the different denominations are constantly at each others throats....Judging, condemning, criticizing and what not.....Who set you as judge over other Christians?

Thou shalt not bear false wittnes against your neighbor.

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

James 4:11-12
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 14:4
Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Should I keep going or can you find more verses to condemn your judgments? The bible is full of verses to prove your attitude WRONG

Loyal
Scripture is clear that God hates discord and fighting among His children (2 Corinthians 12:20; Galatians 5:15; James 3:14, 4:1-3). Philippians 2:3-4 says, “Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” If every believer lived by that rule, arguing would virtually disappear. Any parent frowns upon bickering between siblings, and God is a Father who also frowns on it. However, there are three key words in this question that deserve attention: Christians, always, and arguing.

Please explain how squabbling and judging among yourselves is walking in LOVE....Explain how this behavior lines up with the Word in any way...Explain how you are pleasing God by doing this kind of thing.

Loyal
Scripture is clear that God hates discord and fighting among His children (2 Corinthians 12:20; Galatians 5:15; James 3:14, 4:1-3). Philippians 2:3-4 says, “Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” If every believer lived by that rule, arguing would virtually disappear. Any parent frowns upon bickering between siblings, and God is a Father who also frowns on it. However, there are three key words in this question that deserve attention: Christians, always, and arguing.

Please explain how squabbling and judging among yourselves is walking in LOVE....Explain how this behavior lines up with the Word in any way...Explain how you are pleasing God by doing this kind of thing.
i]

Brother I am not arguing, you are, I come in love to warn people about the false prosperity Gospel.

Loyal
i]

Brother I am not arguing, you are, I come in love to warn people about the false prosperity Gospel.

I'm not talking about arguing I'm talking about judging, criticizing and downright lies about other Christians and I am NOT pointing any finger at you or anyone....The scriptures I gave you above show that Christians have been 'shooting and sniping at other Christians since the beginning and the Word says STOP doing that. What I'm calling you on is spreading the stuff with the OP. Stuff that is nothing but vicious gossip and lies.
Spreading gossip and lies is not love. You came in search of a reaction, and I'm asking you to stop attacking and judging other Christians

Loyal
If the Preacher is making the bible all about you and what it can do for you, it may be time to find a new preacher !! Amen praise Jesus. I am to serve him

I

Loyal
If the Preacher is making the bible all about you and what it can do for you, it may be time to find a new preacher !! Amen praise Jesus. I am to serve him

I
I think you didn't read what I said, but I have to agree with you on your last post.....If a preacher won't follow Jesus I won't follow him either.....But I won't go bad mouthing him.

Active
So when is it relevant to "shake the dust off your boots and use it as a testimony against them"?

I don't call names but rather a certain church...

And the testimony I brought forth with me wasn't just a certain church, but many fall in the same sin with her.

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen

Active
When one goes forth in the name of the Lord and they do not receive you; they do not receive Him who sent you either; a good time to speak the Word of God even more and use the experience as a testimony against them. Least you have respect for persons and sin against God.

Loyal
So when is it relevant to "shake the dust off your boots and use it as a testimony against them"?

I don't call names but rather a certain church...

And the testimony I brought forth with me wasn't just a certain church, but many fall in the same sin with her.

All praise glory and honor be unto God Amen
Its about shake the dust off your boots and walk away...Its never right to bad mouth anybody. We are not to pass judgment on anybody

Loyal
When one goes forth in the name of the Lord and they do not receive you; they do not receive Him who sent you either; a good time to speak the Word of God even more and use the experience as a testimony against them. Least you have respect for persons and sin against God.
So you speak the Word to them....and do not spread bad talk about them.

Loyal
Heavenly Father I pray that you open the eyes of all us so we can see the way you want us to see, and let us all become humble and not let our egos and self worth blind us. Praise Jesus. Amen

Active
The testimony of Jesus Christ (we) carry is not bad talk, but an awakening.

Those offended know in their heart they have done the same thing as that certain church. But woe to him who is offended.

Those who are not offended know Him and has love and compassion and encouragement. They know He died by His own people's hand; as well as every prophet (messenger) God has sent their way.
Have you not read the parable of the master who went on a far journey and left his vinard in the hands of husbandmen? And what happened.

Perhaps through the word of the testimony in which i carry and have spoken forth, the church is being healed. Praise God for it.
I believe God; God is turning the church. Amen

Active
Just be real with God people; if we will do that, we will be real with people too. One can not hide behind the fake mask anymore. We are either for Him or against Him; I am for the brotherhood, that is why I speak forth. I believe God is healing what has been seriously broken by man. Amen.

Loyal
"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess." Matt 23:13-16, 23-26

I left out much, but the point is that Jesus was quite vocal and direct in his criticisms.

However, we must always remember from where his words came:

"...and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." John 14:24

We also may speak against individuals or groups when and if the words we speak come from the same place as the words of Jesus!
Herein is the problem, if ever we quench the Spirit of God in us. Jesus never did.

Loyal
"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess." Matt 23:13-16, 23-26

I left out much, but the point is that Jesus was quite vocal and direct in his criticisms.

However, we must always remember from where his words came:

"...and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." John 14:24

We also may speak against individuals or groups when and if the words we speak come from the same place as the words of Jesus!
Herein is the problem, if ever we quench the Spirit of God in us. Jesus never did.

Interesting use of the last scripture you put here...It would also apply to those trying to clean up the outside of folks but ignoring the inside....It applies to those who have sins of their own to deal with, who try to deal with the perceived sins of others....

Before you pass judgment on other Christians do some searching of the Word to see what God says about that..

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Corinthians 4:3
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

Romans 2 (CJB)
2 Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, passing judgment; for when you judge someone else, you are passing judgment against yourself; since you who are judging do the same things he does. 2 We know that God’s judgment lands impartially on those who do such things; 3 do you think that you, a mere man passing judgment on others who do such things, yet doing them yourself, will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or perhaps you despise the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience; because you don’t realize that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to turn from your sins. 5 But by your stubbornness, by your unrepentant heart, you are storing up anger for yourself on the Day of Anger, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed; 6 for he will pay back each one according to his deeds.

Matthew 7:1-5" Do not judge so that you will not be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. )

John 8:7 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

You may think that I am angry about this hypocrisy....That's only because I am. It makes me want to puke.

Amadeus There is NO scripture that says we can badmouth others...NONE

Loyal
Here are scriptures that tell you what you ARE supposed to do..

Ephesians 5:11 (CJB)

11 Have nothing to do with the deeds produced by darkness, but instead expose them,

It does NOT say we are to bad mouth other Christians....It says to expose the WORKS of darkness...

Matthew 7:15-20 (CJB)

15 “Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep’s clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! 16 You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every healthy tree produces good fruit, but a poor tree produces bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, or a poor tree good fruit. 19 Any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown in the fire! 20 So you will recognize them by their fruit.

Ephesians 5:6-7 (CJB)

6 Let no one deceive you with empty talk; for it is because of these things that God’s judgment is coming on those who disobey him. 7 So don’t become partners with them!

2 John 7-11 (CJB)

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, people who do not acknowledge Yeshua the Messiah’s coming as a human being. Such a person is a deceiver and an anti-Messiah. 8 Watch yourselves, so that you won’t lose what you have worked for, but will receive your full reward. 9 Everyone who goes ahead and does not remain true to what the Messiah has taught does not have God. Those who remain true to his teaching have both the Father and the Son. 10 If someone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, don’t welcome him into your home. Don’t even say, “Shalom!” to him; 11 for the person who says, “Shalom!” to him shares in his evil deeds.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (CJB)

3 Moreover, understand this: in the acharit-hayamim will come trying times. 2 People will be self-loving, money-loving, proud, arrogant, insulting, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, uncontrolled, brutal, hateful of good, 4 traitorous, headstrong, swollen with conceit, loving pleasure rather than God, 5 as they retain the outer form of religion but deny its power.

Stay away from these people!

2 John 7-11 (CJB)

7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, people who do not acknowledge Yeshua the Messiah’s coming as a human being. Such a person is a deceiver and an anti-Messiah. 8 Watch yourselves, so that you won’t lose what you have worked for, but will receive your full reward. 9 Everyone who goes ahead and does not remain true to what the Messiah has taught does not have God. Those who remain true to his teaching have both the Father and the Son. 10 If someone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, don’t welcome him into your home. Don’t even say, “Shalom!” to him; 11 for the person who says, “Shalom!” to him shares in his evil deeds.

So there you are....Now it's your choice...Will you do as God says or will you continue in disobedience?

Loyal
, never once have a put someones name on it.

What has me all steamed up, Dave, my friend, is Christians judging and condemning other Christians...Most of the nay sayers of this 'health and prosperity' teaching have never even listened to what they have to say...All they've done is to listen to gossip and made their judgement.....Know what that makes them? I was not talking about you specifically either...This is the second time I've assured you of this...Do I need to tell you again? Hugs.