• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

what would you ask your granddad if you would write a lifestory about him?

Hey guys Im writing a life story about my grabddad and I already have a lot of questions but I also want deep questions and getting deep in a conversation but thats difficult with my granddad. So do you guys know some good questions?

well Im already thankfull for yiur answers!

greetings from me:)

Active
Hey guys Im writing a life story about my grabddad and I already have a lot of questions but I also want deep questions and getting deep in a conversation but thats difficult with my granddad. So do you guys know some good questions?

well Im already thankfull for yiur answers!

greetings from me:)
Being a grandad and a great grandad myself Pandatjuh, I'd have to know more about your grandad; is he a born again believer or does he have a different faith? Did he serve in the forces? Or maybe a seaman? Let us know a bit more about him and we'll have more information to fashion questions. bless you.

well he believes in God and lived on a farm his whole life then his wife died and he married another woman some years later and he has 9 children and moved away from the farm. thats it sort of

Active
well he believes in God and lived on a farm his whole life then his wife died and he married another woman some years later and he has 9 children and moved away from the farm. thats it sort of
I'd ask him to explain the gospel to you Pandatjuh, and then you could discuss it and in that conversation, you would learn a lot about your grandad. bless you

Loyal
If your writing a life story, the skill is capturing all the details. When you are in conversation, you can get the gist of a story and then when it comes to writing, you find that it looks thin.

Be patient with follow-up questions and be prepared to go slowly.

For example, if he talks about making an important decision, ask more questions to get to the heart of it:
1 what were the alternatives that you considered?
2 who did you talk to about the decision -- what advice did they give you?
3 did you make the choice with your head or with your heart?
4 what was the decisive factor in making the choice you did?
5 looking back, did you make the right decision? would you do it differently if you had your time again?

Capture dates, names, place names, as accurately as you can, even if it feels like you're being pedantic.

Buying a first car: what year? what model? colour? who did you buy it from? how much did you pay? how long did you have to save to get it? first long journey? was it reliable? what faults did it have? what opinion did friends, family have of it?

If your writing a life story, the skill is capturing all the details. When you are in conversation, you can get the gist of a story and then when it comes to writing, you find that it looks thin.

Be patient with follow-up questions and be prepared to go slowly.

For example, if he talks about making an important decision, ask more questions to get to the heart of it:
1 what were the alternatives that you considered?
2 who did you talk to about the decision -- what advice did they give you?
3 did you make the choice with your head or with your heart?
4 what was the decisive factor in making the choice you did?
5 looking back, did you make the right decision? would you do it differently if you had your time again?

Capture dates, names, place names, as accurately as you can, even if it feels like you're being pedantic.

Buying a first car: what year? what model? colour? who did you buy it from? how much did you pay? how long did you have to save to get it? first long journey? was it reliable? what faults did it have? what opinion did friends, family have of it?
really thank you for this, its like really helpful! thank you

Loyal
I would ask people who know your granddad. As scripture says, "let another praise you, and not your own lips" (Prov 27:2)