• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What was Paul's thorn in the flesh: spiritual, physical, emotional?

Active
'Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected;
but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
Where is then the blessedness ye spake of?
for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible,
ye would have plucked out your own eyes,
and have given them to me.'
(Gal 4:13-15)

Hello @Admon Mikha'el,

I agree that we should abide by what is written, and that is what I have done. For Galatians 4:13-15 (above) does say that the Galatians would have, if it had been possible, plucked out their own eyes and have given them to Paul: which does indicate that the problem he had at that time, was in regard to his eyes. The condition also was with him for some considerable time, for Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:6, that he asked the Lord that it may 'depart from' him on three occasions. The Lord's response being that His grace was sufficient for Paul, His strength being made perfect in weakness (v.9). So Paul contented himself by glorying in his infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon him (v.9).

'And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,
there was given to me a thorn in the flesh,
the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities,
in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:
for when I am weak, then am I strong.'
(2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
There is NO indication even that Paul had trouble with his eyes! Read it....and keep it in context...What is Paul saying when he mentioned the word "eyes"?

Loyal
I know you can read, bro. As Little Mike once sang, it's easy as 123:

1. there is no one greater than John;

2. the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

3. John has no equal. :eyes: :scream: :sweat:
1st. a lot of Christian has Absolutely do idea whatsoever what The "Kingdom of GOD" is! And your "English Syntax" is so terrible in this "translation" os The Original Copied Manuscript of What Jesus had said> As if a translation is the very "WORDS of GOD" I am no fool in relating to "Biblical translations" of The "Original Copied Manuscript pretaining to the Very WORDS of GOD! "For my works will testify of my Faith" for I ain't, no "Junk yard DOG" and that is what you call an "IDOM." For "The Original Copied Manuscript" of The Very WORDS of GOD is full of "Biblical IDOMs" And if I would decide to QUOTE the VERY WORDS that GOD spoke, You would call me a LIAR and And a Devil and The TRUTH is not in me.
But Since 1977 when I found out That GOD, has CARED for A BLACKMAN LIKE ME! AND I AM NOT THE person that the White Generation had given The Title NAME of" BLACK IGNORANCE", from the time I came out of My Mothers womb,

IN 1977 He chose a" BLACK IGNORANT" man Like me, yes HE DID and HE called me, By my name, and until this very DAY, this hour, this minute, This Moment. GOD's WORD is real to me, and I have been serious from DAY ONE, for over 44 years I have had my "HANDS to THE PLOW"! I learn words, I learn, the use of Languages, I learn how to use The English language again, I learn how to read the English Language again in Tears and LOUD cries, strong Prayers throughout the day and many nights........ YOU, Teach me LORD, If you have made the STARS, The MOON, The Planets, even the very air I breathe, I Know if you can do all of that, i know you can teach a "Ignorant" Blackman like me! These are the ways that I prayed!

LORD you teach me, for I do not Trust any man! You teach History of all kinds pertaining to your" Truth", I do not want to stand in any man's bible class, No Pastors, No Deacons, NO church classes, If you can teach the Moon to shine at night, You can teach me how to read your WORD! While many was asking for houses and lands and cars, and babies, and jobs, and for healings, and for gifts, and husbands and wives, and money, and finding your ministries, trying to find out GOD's will in your life. I was "SATISFIED" when He touch me and called me, by my name! And "FILLED" me with HIS SIPIRT! Only Thing LEFT was to "TEACH ME" about YOU! And when I turn the pages to the BOOK of ACTS of The Apostles, and when I got to PAUL I understood. And kept hearing a voice saying to me in my SPIRIT; Peter is coming to meet you! I said to myself, PETER, who is Peter, since it kept ringer in my Spirit, I got a hold of my Mothers pastor, and ask him who is Peter? [i didn't even know who Peter was. LOL] I keep hearing this voice saying Peter is coming to you soon. The Pastor said: Oh my GOD! a "SPIRITUAL MAN"! Heck i didn't know what that was either! LOL! He said; Go, for no man can "Teach you" GOD Will. I thought he was "Crazy"! LOL! I had to read, from to back, Genesis to Revelation, over and over and over and over again, I thought I HAD TO remember the Whole BIBLE from front to back by Heart! LOL. I was doing a good job, I know every story in there! and where it is at! LOL! by year one! LOL in deferent Translations! People see me coming they turn around and go back the other way! LOL

44 YEARS, I am Still on FIRE! And He keeps, pouring The OIL! No matter how much The Christianity of This World tries to put my Flame out and make me "LUKE WARM" just like them! But HE refused, to Let the People of This World Put my FLAME out.:pensive:

And I do Thank GOD, For "JOHN CALVIN" Too! I found out that I STOOD Not ALONE! But there was more, just like me:pensive:

PS. For my Faithfulness came not from Me, BUT if was a GIFT from GOD. Given To a Black man, who was taught, His name was "Ignorance":pensive:

That Gift entitled me to put My Hands to THE Plough, and don't Turn around" I have a GOD, who LOVES me and chose me to be HIS own, He did not see me as, those who gave me The Title of "Black Ignorance":pensive: So if you do think, I lie about my studying throughout the years and go the Cheap route! I don't have "special Privileges", The gate i must travel, " IT has to be, Straight and narrow" Like my Mother has always told me from a kid "Chris" you cannot do any wrong, GOD is not going to let you get away with it, she would say it in tears. She was right! My wife get away with wrong my kids get away with wrong, those who called me their friend get away with wrong! GOD will not let Me do the things you may do, the things you get away with, HE will not let me escape! I am 70 years old, I know more about my life than any man or women! If you got away with stuff, that is between you and your GOD! But MY FATHER does not mind, taking me to "THE WOOD SHED" and He does Not spare "The WHIP" for He will , DRAW The BLOOD! Pertaining to me, this i know.

Loyal
1st. a lot of Christian has Absolutely do idea whatsoever what The "Kingdom of GOD" is! And your "English Syntax" is so terrible in this "translation" os The Original Copied Manuscript of What Jesus had said> As if a translation is the very "WORDS of GOD" I am no fool in relating to "Biblical translations" of The "Original Copied Manuscript pretaining to the Very WORDS of GOD! "For my works will testify of my Faith" for I ain't, no "Junk yard DOG" and that is what you call an "IDOM." For "The Original Copied Manuscript" of The Very WORDS of GOD is full of "Biblical IDOMs" And if I would decide to QUOTE the VERY WORDS that GOD spoke, You would call me a LIAR and And a Devil and The TRUTH is not in me.
But Since 1977 when I found out That GOD, has CARED for A BLACKMAN LIKE ME! AND I AM NOT THE person that the White Generation had given The Title NAME of" BLACK IGNORANCE", from the time I came out of My Mothers womb,

IN 1977 He chose a" BLACK IGNORANT" man Like me, yes HE DID and HE called me, By my name, and until this very DAY, this hour, this minute, This Moment. GOD's WORD is real to me, and I have been serious from DAY ONE, for over 44 years I have had my "HANDS to THE PLOW"! I learn words, I learn, the use of Languages, I learn how to use The English language again, I learn how to read the English Language again in Tears and LOUD cries, strong Prayers throughout the day and many nights........ YOU, Teach me LORD, If you have made the STARS, The MOON, The Planets, even the very air I breathe, I Know if you can do all of that, i know you can teach a "Ignorant" Blackman like me! These are the ways that I prayed!

LORD you teach me, for I do not Trust any man! You teach History of all kinds pertaining to your" Truth", I do not want to stand in any man's bible class, No Pastors, No Deacons, NO church classes, If you can teach the Moon to shine at night, You can teach me how to read your WORD! While many was asking for houses and lands and cars, and babies, and jobs, and for healings, and for gifts, and husbands and wives, and money, and finding your ministries, trying to find out GOD's will in your life. I was "SATISFIED" when He touch me and called me, by my name! And "FILLED" me with HIS SIPIRT! Only Thing LEFT was to "TEACH ME" about YOU! And when I turn the pages to the BOOK of ACTS of The Apostles, and when I got to PAUL I understood. And kept hearing a voice saying to me in my SPIRIT; Peter is coming to meet you! I said to myself, PETER, who is Peter, since it kept ringer in my Spirit, I got a hold of my Mothers pastor, and ask him who is Peter? [i didn't even know who Peter was. LOL] I keep hearing this voice saying Peter is coming to you soon. The Pastor said: Oh my GOD! a "SPIRITUAL MAN"! Heck i didn't know what that was either! LOL! He said; Go, for no man can "Teach you" GOD Will. I thought he was "Crazy"! LOL! I had to read, from to back, Genesis to Revelation, over and over and over and over again, I thought I HAD TO remember the Whole BIBLE from front to back by Heart! LOL. I was doing a good job, I know every story in there! and where it is at! LOL! by year one! LOL in deferent Translations! People see me coming they turn around and go back the other way! LOL

44 YEARS, I am Still on FIRE! And He keeps, pouring The OIL! No matter how much The Christianity of This World tries to put my Flame out and make me "LUKE WARM" just like them! But HE refused, to Let the People of This World Put my FLAME out.:pensive:

And I do Thank GOD, For "JOHN CALVIN" Too! I found out that I STOOD Not ALONE! But there was more, just like me:pensive:

PS. For my Faithfulness came not from Me, BUT if was a GIFT from GOD. Given To a Black man, who was taught, His name was "Ignorance":pensive:

That Gift entitled me to put My Hands to THE Plough, and don't Turn around" I have a GOD, who LOVES me and chose me to be HIS own, He did not see me as, those who gave me The Title of "Black Ignorance":pensive: So if you do think, I lie about my studying throughout the years and go the Cheap route! I don't have "special Privileges", The gate i must travel, " IT has to be, Straight and narrow" Like my Mother has always told me from a kid "Chris" you cannot do any wrong, GOD is not going to let you get away with it, she would say it in tears. She was right! My wife get away with wrong my kids get away with wrong, those who called me their friend get away with wrong! GOD will not let Me do the things you may do, the things you get away with, HE will not let me escape! I am 70 years old, I know more about my life than any man or women! If you got away with stuff, that is between you and your GOD! But MY FATHER does not mind, taking me to "THE WOOD SHED" and He does Not spare "The WHIP" for He will , DRAW The BLOOD! Pertaining to me, this i know.
Reading is not easy as 123:eyes:!

Loyal
There is NO indication even that Paul had trouble with his eyes! Read it....and keep it in context...What is Paul saying when he mentioned the word "eyes"?

'Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh
.. I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
.... And my temptation which was in my flesh
...... ye despised not, nor rejected;
........ but received me as an angel of God,
.......... even as Christ Jesus.
.. for I bear you record,
.... that, if it had been possible,
...... ye would have plucked out your own eyes,
........ and have given them to me.
Am I therefore become your enemy,
.. because I tell you the truth?'
(Galatians4:13-16)

:love:

Active

@PloughBoy, I've read your history over and over. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, too. Just a poor white boy from a poor family of twelve.

All I asked you was this:

A. What was John when Jesus said this of him?

B. Where was John when Jesus said this of him?

C. Who was in the Kingdom of God when Jesus said this of John?

Also, it's strait and narrow, not straight and narrow, and it's idiom, not idom. Just trying to help out a brother, brother. ❤

Active

Yes but where does it say that Paul had a long term infirmity? The flu is an infirmity....Anything that makes you less than your normal is an infirmity...

infirmity
[ in-fur-mi-tee ]

See synonyms for infirmity on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural in·fir·mi·ties for 1, 3.
a physical weakness or ailment: the infirmities of age.
quality or state of being infirm; lack of strength.

Active

Sister....Where is the long term infirmity? Read the part about the eyes again...not intellectually but with the Holy Spirit...Never mind church doctrine...Just listen to the Holy Spirit

Loyal
@PloughBoy, I've read your history over and over. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, too. Just a poor white boy from a poor family of twelve.

All I asked you was this:

A. What was John when Jesus said this of him?

B. Where was John when Jesus said this of him?

C. Who was in the Kingdom of God when Jesus said this of John?

Also, it's strait and narrow, not straight and narrow, and it's idiom, not idom. Just trying to help out a brother, brother. ❤
!. I did not grow up poor, My grandfather own 7 houses, my parents never paid rent. My Grandfather Own and Muti businesses with Coal, Oil and Ice trucks, He own a Coal and Oil Business with big coal trucks and had many employees, His Coal customers were back then called The "Auto Barrons" like "The DODGE Brothers" He delivered Coal to Mansions, and His Lawyers on retainer was "Jews" all His dealings was among "the Jewish people"! We had the same Family Doctor as The "Auto Barrons" The Two largest Coal and OIl companies in Detroit one was White and the Other was Black My grandfather. No credit, Most of all his equipment was new, Trucks And a Large BANK SAFE in The House. My mother said, She had never seen so much money in her life, My grandparents had six kids my Grandmother wore mink coats. And could hardly read. That is a another story. My mother said money would be all on the floor, Where the kids drop it. I heard others proclaim that story, They would say go over to uncle ------ house , money would be on the floor! The Point is, that back in about 1974 I could not even buy a New house where white people live. They called it "RED" lining. Real Estate Company, white or Black. would not even go near a nice area of homes new or use, for you to purchase. I am a living witness, concerning Racial injustice, Housing, Credit, Job Discrimination on hiring, I have been said to my face in corporate because you are black, you cannot get this promotion. You could not sue people back then. Even in The 21 century a office manager Called me "SHINE" to my face. And the whole corporation called me racist! because i got upset for Him to called me "SHINE". Only 2 black work there and I was one! He said it was ok, because he called the other black "Shine" and he never complain. When they Had a meeting with me, I told them "MY NAME AIN"T SHINE" I have made more money for this company more than anybody Here, Under "7 National Flags"! and my Name ain't SHINE! LOL!

So much of that, because I know you do not want to hear my stories concerning Racial injustice against me! I have been treated so bad that "White Folks" would start crying right there. Police crying, Office people crying, On two occasions, once in Texas and Once in Illinois a "Hispanic" guy, curse everybody out in tears telling them he was tired of watching how they had been treating me for two days. I have had white friends in different states, who know me real good, The closes of people that i would call friends. for Years. Closer than any black person outside of my Mother and my Father. Though out the years, And all of them have said; when they are around their friends and relative. And when they start talking about Blacks in which they do! All of my white brother and sisters who are not in CHRiST but knows me. They tell me, we let them know about you! ....... And they do not know one another! They have said; they Trust me and my words more than their MAMA and DADDY! That is male and female. for the time they have spent with me and the words that have come out of my mouth. Many have said; we think about you and the things you have taken and the lies that have been told on you! And they would say to me how can you take that!

I am, use to it,, I thank GOD, for what Jesus had to go through! And I have spoke in many places and didn't realize crowds of people have gather in places like Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Mississippi, Arkansas, Then in other states people would call me by name, was not you in North Dakota me and my wife heard you speak. These people are not Black:eyes:

Yes I have had "the Abundant Life".

May I say this, because I am insulted and humiliated by your unregenerate playground Grade schools unethical questions directed to me, as if I was someone who has an distain reverence for "The WORD OF GOD"! You have the Privilege and The Birth Given Right to Prove my "Ignorance" and "Illiteracy" of Biblical Truth" Have by that Authority have proven me to be wrong.
One writer has said, ,,,,,,, "if you know history, you will not repeat the things of The Past" Paraphrased.

For I am Not the "LUKE WARM" either, I am "COLD or HOT"! you will not get "LUKE WARM" from me! Either I am going to Be "A Beaten slave or Son" :eyes:

Active
!. I did not grow up poor, My grandfather own 7 houses, my parents never paid rent. My Grandfather Own and Muti businesses with Coal, Oil and Ice trucks, He own a Coal and Oil Business with big coal trucks and had many employees, His Coal customers were back then called The "Auto Barrons" like "The DODGE Brothers" He delivered Coal to Mansions, and His Lawyers on retainer was "Jews" all His dealings was among "the Jewish people"! We had the same Family Doctor as The "Auto Barrons" The Two largest Coal and OIl companies in Detroit one was White and the Other was Black My grandfather. No credit, Most of all his equipment was new, Trucks And a Large BANK SAFE in The House. My mother said, She had never seen so much money in her life, My grandparents had six kids my Grandmother wore mink coats. And could hardly read. That is a another story. My mother said money would be all on the floor, Where the kids drop it. I heard others proclaim that story, They would say go over to uncle ------ house , money would be on the floor! The Point is, that back in about 1974 I could not even buy a New house where white people live. They called it "RED" lining. Real Estate Company, white or Black. would not even go near a nice area of homes new or use, for you to purchase. I am a living witness, concerning Racial injustice, Housing, Credit, Job Discrimination on hiring, I have been said to my face in corporate because you are black, you cannot get this promotion. You could not sue people back then. Even in The 21 century a office manager Called me "SHINE" to my face. And the whole corporation called me racist! because i got upset for Him to called me "SHINE". Only 2 black work there and I was one! He said it was ok, because he called the other black "Shine" and he never complain. When they Had a meeting with me, I told them "MY NAME AIN"T SHINE" I have made more money for this company more than anybody Here, Under "7 National Flags"! and my Name ain't SHINE! LOL!

So much of that, because I know you do not want to hear my stories concerning Racial injustice against me! I have been treated so bad that "White Folks" would start crying right there. Police crying, Office people crying, On two occasions, once in Texas and Once in Illinois a "Hispanic" guy, curse everybody out in tears telling them he was tired of watching how they had been treating me for two days. I have had white friends in different states, who know me real good, The closes of people that i would call friends. for Years. Closer than any black person outside of my Mother and my Father. Though out the years, And all of them have said; when they are around their friends and relative. And when they start talking about Blacks in which they do! All of my white brother and sisters who are not in CHRiST but knows me. They tell me, we let them know about you! ....... And they do not know one another! They have said; they Trust me and my words more than their MAMA and DADDY! That is male and female. for the time they have spent with me and the words that have come out of my mouth. Many have said; we think about you and the things you have taken and the lies that have been told on you! And they would say to me how can you take that!

I am, use to it,, I thank GOD, for what Jesus had to go through! And I have spoke in many places and didn't realize crowds of people have gather in places like Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Mississippi, Arkansas, Then in other states people would call me by name, was not you in North Dakota me and my wife heard you speak. These people are not Black:eyes:

Yes I have had "the Abundant Life".

May I say this, because I am insulted and humiliated by your unregenerate playground Grade schools unethical questions directed to me, as if I was someone who has an distain reverence for "The WORD OF GOD"! You have the Privilege and The Birth Given Right to Prove my "Ignorance" and "Illiteracy" of Biblical Truth" Have by that Authority have proven me to be wrong.
One writer has said, ,,,,,,, "if you know history, you will not repeat the things of The Past" Paraphrased.

For I am Not the "LUKE WARM" either, I am "COLD or HOT"! you will not get "LUKE WARM" from me! Either I am going to Be "A Beaten slave or Son" :eyes:
You're right. I don't want to hear your stories of racial injustice. Not after my dad was nearly killed for being a white man in a black neighborhood simply because he stood up to three thugs that kicked me off a game I was playing in front of the neighborhood 5 and dime. Lots more stories, but I ain't about that.

My son is married to a Nigerian woman, black as the ace of spades, who I consider my daughter because she is one with my son, and she gave me my first granddaughter. He and she get all kinds of looks and harassment from both sides of the color barrier. So, yeah, I can relate somewhat.

So yeah, you can take your stories of racial injustice and stories of your rich grandaddy's bank account and find another shoulder to cry on. Or better yet, get the grammar lessons you so desperately need.

There be one race, PloughBoy, it's called human. When you go on and on about racism, you are acting just as evil as the evil whites in the world that caused y'all to be in bondage all those years. When you kick that racist can down the road like all the other race baiters, Sharpton, Waters, Jackson, Jackson Lee, etc etc etc, you be just like them.

I love my black pastors and would take a knife or bullet for them any day, not because they're better than me or smarter than me or blacker than me, but because I love them just as God loves me.

With all the love I can muster, I tell you I am your brother PloughBoy, even though you hate my skin color. But, yeah, go tell it on the mountain.

Loyal
Yes but where does it say that Paul had a long term infirmity? The flu is an infirmity....Anything that makes you less than your normal is an infirmity...

infirmity
[ in-fur-mi-tee ]

See synonyms for infirmity on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural in·fir·mi·ties for 1, 3.
a physical weakness or ailment: the infirmities of age.
quality or state of being infirm; lack of strength.

'And lest I should be exalted above measure
.. through the abundance of the revelations,
.... there was given to me a thorn in the flesh,
...... the messenger of Satan to buffet me,
........ lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice,
.. that it might depart from me.
.... And He said unto me,
...... "My grace is sufficient for thee:
........ for My strength is made perfect in weakness. "
.. that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
.... Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,
...... in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions,
........ in distresses for Christ's sake:
.......... for when I am weak, then am I strong.'

Hello @Admon Mikha'el,

I only have what you also have in terms of evidence regarding this. The duration of the infirmity that Paul was afflicted with is not told to us. It is of no consequence. What matters is that he learned the lesson: that God's grace was sufficient for him, and that God's strength was made perfect in his weakness. He learned also that in whatever state he found himself to be content (Philippians 4:11-14; 1 Timothy 6:8; Hebrews 13:5).

Praise God!

With love
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
@PloughBoy
@JessfromMass

Dear Brothers-in-Christ,

May God give you grace to bear with one another in love. You are both precious in His sight.

With love
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
'And lest I should be exalted above measure
.. through the abundance of the revelations,
.... there was given to me a thorn in the flesh,
...... the messenger of Satan to buffet me,
........ lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice,
.. that it might depart from me.
.... And He said unto me,
...... "My grace is sufficient for thee:
........ for My strength is made perfect in weakness. "
.. that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
.... Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,
...... in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions,
........ in distresses for Christ's sake:
.......... for when I am weak, then am I strong.'

Hello @Admon Mikha'el,

I only have what you also have in terms of evidence regarding this. The duration of the infirmity that Paul was afflicted with is not told to us. It is of no consequence. What matters is that he learned the lesson: that God's grace was sufficient for him, and that God's strength was made perfect in his weakness. He learned also that in whatever state he found himself to be content (Philippians 4:11-14; 1 Timothy 6:8; Hebrews 13:5).

Praise God!

With love
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Chris That's what I'm talking about, in part....As you see, if you read it in the Spirit, there is no evidence at all that Paul had a long term illness.... But the key is reading the Word in the Holy Spirit....Its His Word...and for some reason Christians in general seem to avoid listening to Him as He tries to teach us from His Word....We Christians are certainly peculiar people...No doubt. We are spirit, His Word is Spirit and He is Spirit yet we prefer intellect to study spirit things....

Active
Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 12:7 "So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.", but he never expounds on the nature of this thorn in the flesh.

I suspect it was pride. Pride can have an effect on the flesh: haughty speech, over confidence, cocky swagger, insolence, etc. But Paul tells us in Ephesians that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but with the evil spirit realm.

What do you make of the thorn in the flesh?
I believe he was referring to his eye sight which was diminished after he had been blinded.

Loyal
I believe he was referring to his eye sight which was diminished after he had been blinded.
Belief is faith, so in that sense, it is good that you have faith in some thing of a spiritual nature. But your hypothesis is still just that.

Loyal
Considering Paul had poor eye sight it seems the logical conclusion.
It was not logical that God became a man to endure all things men endure, and then let Himself die in a horrible way when He didnt have to, to be a sacrificial lamb that would clean up mankinds souls (whom for the most part hated Him).

Yet.... it happened. Man's logic is less than God's foolishness.

Active
It was not logical that God became a man to endure all things men endure, and then let themselves die in a horrible way when they didnt have to, to be a sacrificial lamb that would clean up mankinds souls (whom for the most part hated Him).

Yet.... it happened. Man's logic is less than God's foolishness.
Oh brother

Active
I'm always amazed when Christians throw reason out the window and then wonder why they don't understand the Bible.