• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What was Jesus purpose during His 33 years of life.

1. Bring Glory to God

2. Minister only to Israel and to confirm the promises made to the fathers.

3. To be the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world; by being sacrificed
on the cross, miraculously be resurrected and ascend to His Father in Heaven.
His blood cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 10:5-6 (KJV

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying,
Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:24 NKJ
But he answered and said, I am not sent but only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 15:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Loyal
You've missed the backbone of Jesus' teaching - proclaiming the kingdom. And the defining purpose of his ministry was to establish his kingdom and himself as king. Everything else flows from this.

Loyal

Jesus dealt with Gentiles more than some think.

The only verse I could find where Jesus says the reason He came is...

John 18:37; Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

So even though He was a king, the reason He came was "to testify to the truth".

Last edited:
Loyal
I did find another verse where Jesus gives another reason He came.

Luke 4:43; But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."

I did find another verse where Jesus gives another reason He came.

Luke 4:43; But He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, for I was sent for this purpose."

Luke 4:43 King James Version (KJV)
43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

44 And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

Active
Luke 4:43 King James Version (KJV)
43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

44 And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.
Are you inferring "rhern, that Jesus didn't come for the gentiles?

Are you inferring "rhern, that Jesus didn't come for the gentiles?

There are exceptions in the Old Testament. But God commanded not to mix with the Gentiles

Gentiles came to Jesus there are a hand full of examples. But Jesus was bound by the Law and was also not to mix with gentile.

Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

But he answered and said, I am not sent but only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

.......The Gentile are called after the resurrection.

Loyal
There are exceptions in the Old Testament. But God commanded not to mix with the Gentiles

Gentiles came to Jesus there are a hand full of examples. But Jesus was bound by the Law and was also not to mix with gentile.

.......The Gentile are called after the resurrection.
Yes. And after Jesus rose he commanded his disciples to go to 'all nations'. Matthew 28:18-20. Why do you think this is worthy of special mention?

Yes. And after Jesus rose he commanded his disciples to go to 'all nations'. Matthew 28:18-20. Why do you think this is worthy of special mention?

yes that is correct. Jesus is referring to the book of Isaiah

Isaiah 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Loyal
yes that is correct. Jesus is referring to the book of Isaiah

Isaiah 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

4 And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Just curious... would you say Israel (or even Jerusalem) is a place all nation "flow to" to meet Jesus?
Would you say modern day Israel is known for peace?

Just curious... would you say Israel (or even Jerusalem) is a place all nation "flow to" to meet Jesus?
Would you say modern day Israel is known for peace?

Modern day Israel has been blinded until the fullness of the Gentiles has come

(KJV) Romans 11: 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

....this means the gentiles have to run it's course until God steps in (the Rapture) and then the Antichrist allows thew Jews to practice this Jewish customs freely until 3 1/2 years.

When the Lord becomes King of the whole world (Zech. 14:9) then all nations will flow into Jerusalem. this is the Kingdom of God.

Loyal
Well, let us see what Jesus had to say about this question:
"What was Jesus purpose during His 33 years of life."

(John 6) NIV.
But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Remember The Bible verse numbers, are not a part, of the word of God. Please read the context of the paragraph. Purpose of his life is plainly seen in the above text. And it took 33 years to complete that mission. and when He completed it, He said: "It is Finish"! and some of you still do not believe this!

Active
Modern day Israel has been blinded until the fullness of the Gentiles has come

(KJV) Romans 11: 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

....this means the gentiles have to run it's course until God steps in (the Rapture) and then the Antichrist allows thew Jews to practice this Jewish customs freely until 3 1/2 years.

When the Lord becomes King of the whole world (Zech. 14:9) then all nations will flow into Jerusalem. this is the Kingdom of God.

1. Bring Glory to God

2. Minister only to Israel and to confirm the promises made to the fathers.

3. To be the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world; by being sacrificed
on the cross, miraculously be resurrected and ascend to His Father in Heaven.
His blood cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 15:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
As Hekuran said, what is the point you are making? I am a gentile and my name was written in the book of life before the earth was made, before Abraham was born.

Well, let us see what Jesus had to say about this question:
"What was Jesus purpose during His 33 years of life."

(John 6) NIV.
But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Remember The Bible verse numbers, are not a part, of the word of God. Please read the context of the paragraph. Purpose of his life is plainly seen in the above text. And it took 33 years to complete that mission. and when He completed it, He said: "It is Finish"! and some of you still do not believe this!

I believe that every who is written in the Lambs Book of Life will be raised in the last day.

If you believe in Jesus you will have eternal life.

thank you for those passsages

As Hekuran said, what is the point you are making? I am a gentile and my name was written in the book of life before the earth was made, before Abraham was born.

you are correct

Ephesians 1: (KJV)

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Loyal
I believe that every who is written in the Lambs Book of Life will be raised in the last day.

If you believe in Jesus you will have eternal life.

thank you for those passsages
And many people do not know what that means, to "believe in Jesus"!

It means every word he says, you believe it. And you said you believe this:
"I believe that everyone who is written in the Lambs Book of Life will be raised in the last day." why because he said it. If you do not believe every word Jesus has said; you do not believe in Jesus! and most people don't know that. They think they are saved just by saying and thinking they believe in Jesus.

And many people do not know what that means, to "believe in Jesus"!

It means every word he says, you believe it. And you said you believe this:
"I believe that everyone who is written in the Lambs Book of Life will be raised in the last day." why because he said it. If you do not believe every word Jesus has said; you do not believe in Jesus! and most people don't know that. They think they are saved just by saying and thinking they believe in Jesus.

Jesus is and always will be the Savior of the World.

by believing that Jesus suffered and die, was resurrected and sits at the right hand of the Father ; this is the Gospel of Grace.

His Blood cleanse us from all unrighteousness

if you believe this gospel you will be save from God's coming wrath.

Loyal
Jesus is and always will be the Savior of the World.

by believing that Jesus suffered and die, was resurrected and sits at the right hand of the Father ; this is the Gospel of Grace.

His Blood cleanse us from all unrighteousness

if you believe this gospel you will be save from God's coming wrath.
A lot of people, believes all of that, as you have said.

And thousands upon thousands upon thousands, believe they are going to heaven because they believe. But they live like this,> and you know what i mean.

Antinomianism Christianity

(1 Corinthians 6).
9Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, 10nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

(Galations 5:)
19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these : fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

(Revelation 22)
12Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
14Blessed are they that wash their robes, that they may have the right to come to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates into the city. 15Without are the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one that loveth and maketh a lie.

Christians think they can go around committing all acts of sin, destroying homes and families, children and people by their sinful lives and encourage others to do so, with no danger of harsh repercussions from the "Almighty God". by tossing a few hail Mary's in the air. Christians are living all kinds of ways now days and it is alright. I don't think so.

Loyal
People always tells me to say nice things to make people feel good and draw them to hear you. I say things to encourage them to fight the good fight of "Sanctification" despite hardships we must go through. I tell them what they need to hear and not what they want to hear. It is all recorded in the book.

Isaiah 30:10
They say to the seers, "No more visions," and to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us the truth. Speak to us pleasant words; prophesy illusions.

3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Evil in the Last Days
1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good, 4traitorous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Turn away from such as these!