• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to pray for?

Hello everyone,

I just have a question and I hope this is the right forum to ask in.

I found a website that is encouraging Christians to pray for peace in Jerusalem. In my understanding of end time events, Jerusalem will not have peace until the anti-christ comes on scene and establishes the 7 year treaty - the first peace, a false peace. The second time Jerusalem will have peace is when Jesus set's up His kingdom.

Now I totally believe it's worthwhile that we pray for the people (all people) in and around Jersusalem, but isn't praying for peace kinda like asking for something that we know won't happen - or at least won't happen in the way we want, with a true peace? I guess I am asking if it would not be more accurate to pray for God's will being done and the people, not praying for peace?

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I am justing seeing so many Christian people or groups that seem to be misguided and I want some reassurance. I read today that Pat Robertson actually stated he thought the president of Venezuela should be "taken out"! That blow my mind and breaks my heart that a professing Christian would say that.

I am really curious as to what others think about this. Hope no one takes offense to this post (question).

God bless!

Dave

Dave said:
Hello everyone,

I just have a question and I hope this is the right forum to ask in.

I found a website that is encouraging Christians to pray for peace in Jerusalem. In my understanding of end time events, Jerusalem will not have peace until the anti-christ comes on scene and establishes the 7 year treaty - the first peace, a false peace. The second time Jerusalem will have peace is when Jesus set's up His kingdom.

Now I totally believe it's worthwhile that we pray for the people (all people) in and around Jersusalem, but isn't praying for peace kinda like asking for something that we know won't happen - or at least won't happen in the way we want, with a true peace? I guess I am asking if it would not be more accurate to pray for God's will being done and the people, not praying for peace?

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. I am justing seeing so many Christian people or groups that seem to be misguided and I want some reassurance. I read today that Pat Robertson actually stated he thought the president of Venezuela should be "taken out"! That blow my mind and breaks my heart that a professing Christian would say that.

I am really curious as to what others think about this. Hope no one takes offense to this post (question).

God bless!

Dave

"Our FATHER, who art in heaven,

THY will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven ..."

Administrator
Staff Member
I do not know who Pat Robertson is (not by name off the top of my head right now anyway) but perhaps his "taken out" comment was not meant in a violent perspective? Maybe he meant literally taken out, as in impeached or such.

Anyway, prayer is the greatest most powerful weapon we have from GOD. We ask GOD for good things, HIS will to happen in prayer. This is very important and critical in our times, we are positively in the beginning of the end of times (or even closer to the end of the end of times).

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you be secure.

Jeremiah 29:7
Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."

Thanks for the replies!

Chad - Pat Robetson is founder of the CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) and host of the 700 club. I don't know that much about him, but anyone Christian in the public eye makes these type of comments it's just sad.

I guess I was feeling a little disheartened when I originally posted. I've read too many things lately where it was clear that some people are just missing the point.

Dave