• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What to expect in Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
@KingJ --- no one is talking about torture -- we Are talking about eternal punishment. And THAT eternal punishment has only been meant For satan, the beast and the false prophet.

God has provided a way for all of 'us' to be in heaven. God Does know who will or who won't accept His way -- the Only way - to stay OUT of that future lake.

You've brought up a brazen bull type of torture device. That's not in Scripture. There Was a brazen bull in Old Testament. But it wasn't a torture device and it wasn't from God.

And Dave M. Did give you the Scripture passage that Does say that. And, yes, 'we' Are ambassadors for Christ. But you only take parts of Scripture that you like / agree with and hold Those up -- and That is Not the whole counsel of God. And You are choosing to ignore part of the character Of God. --- and, yes, ALL truth.

Loyal
Punishment is eternal separation.

In addition to this, I believe in a session of punishment directly related to our sins. Take Jesus as an example. It pleased God to bruise Him. What was His bruising? Flesh beaten and crucified. Suffering physical pain for some six hours.

Six hours! Not two days. Not a week. Not a month. Not a year. Not a 100 years. Not a 1000 years. Not an eternity!

I also consider Rev 6:10. The saints in heaven are asking God when He will avenge them. They have a real expectation of God punishing the wicked. They want to see eye for an eye or less, but still a punishment of sort. Now we know that saints in the tribulation will suffer torture for ten days and then be put to death Rev 2:10, so at worst they would want the same. Not, ''Oh Lord, please avenge us by placing that guy who did this to me in a brazen bull for a year''.

No Christian right now would sentence a criminal to any such thing as a brazen bull. If a serial murderer was standing before us, one who killed our children, I / we should just want to see him put to death or get life in prison. Not '''burn in fire for all eternity''.

Greetings brother,

I see you are looking at your rule book again, you know God has one as well, I know which one I follow my friend.

Allow me to take your words for a minute if I may, you say God is a loving God, we all agree, you say there is no bad in him, we all agree. You say you cannot imagine God punishing the wicked as was stated in previous posts, but all who posted them, quoted from scripture.

Now if you do not believe God would punish the wicked which are the sinners, the ones who have not accepted, but rejected, God's Free Gift of Salvation tell me why He punished Pharoah's Army by drowning them all, it was because of hard hearts and sin. Now tell me why God flooded the whole world but saved Noah and seven family members, it was because of the wicked sinners, the God rejecters. Now tell me why God did what he did at Sodom and Gomorrah same reason, wicked, sinful, God rejecting world.

Now lets look at what you say regarding Jesus.
It pleased God to bruise Him, we agree scripture says that.

What was His bruising? Flesh beaten and crucified. Suffering physical pain for some six hours.
Six hours! Not two days. Not a week. Not a month. Not a year. Not a 100 years. Not a 1000 years. Not an eternity!

You call what Jesus went through form us acceptable that God allowed His one and only son to suffer those things, it pleased God to bruise him. If that was bruising brother the wicked, God rejecting, sinners will deserve all God has promised for them. And I do not say that with a hard heart, I say it with love and concern as you feel in your heart also.

But we are human beings, created by God. He has been very clear and He wrote his rule book for mankind. So that is what we go by. The world is constantly writing it's own rule book, the Word of God is Truth, from the alpha to the omega.

God knows our hearts, He knows we feel it hash punishment, but you cannot compare it with what Jesus went through, the whipping, beatings, carrying the cross, the nails driven in, the skin, ligaments and nerves torn. Then the cross was jerked upwards and dropped into a hole in the rocks, such pain we cannot imagine, then on top of that he took the whole worlds sins upon himself. For me brother what happens in eternity cannot be compared with what Jesus did for us, what he did for the whole world. The ones who mock him and laugh even now, they reject him, they prefer the darkness they live in to the open door of eternal life.

Please do not compare the world and what it will go through for their sins, with what our Lord went through for every saved soul.

I cannot believe how you are looking at this brother, how you are comparing God's sentence for sinners with what Jesus did in obedience to the Father, what he did and went through for us, from our sins, for the sins of the whole world. I really can't. I am finished for tonight.

Active
Allow me to take your words for a minute if I may, you say God is a loving God, we all agree, you say there is no bad in him, we all agree. You say you cannot imagine God punishing the wicked as was stated in previous posts, but all who posted them, quoted from scripture.
But you don't agree. That is why we keep going in circles here.

Posted scripture? Cherry picked scripture with the worst discernment possible.

If you think torture is good you need to re-visit the dictionary definition of good and righteous.

Now if you do not believe God would punish the wicked which are the sinners, the ones who have not accepted, but rejected, God's Free Gift of Salvation tell me why He punished Pharoah's Army by drowning them all, it was because of hard hearts and sin. Now tell me why God flooded the whole world but saved Noah and seven family members, it was because of the wicked sinners, the God rejecters. Now tell me why God did what he did at Sodom and Gomorrah same reason, wicked, sinful, God rejecting world..
For how long does one suffer when they drown? Scripture says the flames in Sodom were high, for how long does one suffer if they are burnt alive? Carbon monoxide would kill you before the fire, but were you to be on fire as those ''burnt at the stake'', I read previously that your mind would switch off to the pain after 20 seconds.

Please read this on drowning, note the ''speedy / no pain part'' Popular Science Monthly/Volume 13/May 1878/The Question of Pain in Drowning - Wikisource, the free online library

Active
You call what Jesus went through form us acceptable that God allowed His one and only son to suffer those things, it pleased God to bruise him. If that was bruising brother the wicked, God rejecting, sinners will deserve all God has promised for them. And I do not say that with a hard heart, I say it with love and concern as you feel in your heart also.
You seem oblivious to the fact that the harshest punishment God dealt to Jesus when covered with sin was leaving Him alone with us, at our mercy for a day.

You espouse ''eternal bruising'', but the only place that exists is in your imagination. There is no evidence past or present in scripture of God doing such. Even with Jesus, God did not ''actually'' bruise Him. He did in that He abandoned Him. Are we reading the same bible?

God knows our hearts, He knows we feel it hash punishment, but you cannot compare it with what Jesus went through, the whipping, beatings, carrying the cross, the nails driven in, the skin, ligaments and nerves torn. Then the cross was jerked upwards and dropped into a hole in the rocks, such pain we cannot imagine, then on top of that he took the whole worlds sins upon himself. For me brother what happens in eternity cannot be compared with what Jesus did for us, what he did for the whole world. The ones who mock him and laugh even now, they reject him, they prefer the darkness they live in to the open door of eternal life.

Have you ever thought about the suffering a person in a brazen bull endures? I know Jesus suffered terribly. But a brazen bull is worse. Much worse. Brazen bull - Wikipedia

Please do not compare the world and what it will go through for their sins, with what our Lord went through for every saved soul.
Why? Looking at what happened to Jesus is a first hand account of the full consequence of sin / true abandonment by God.

I cannot believe how you are looking at this brother, how you are comparing God's sentence for sinners with what Jesus did in obedience to the Father, what he did and went through for us, from our sins, for the sins of the whole world. I really can't. I am finished for tonight.

There is a lot more to be said on what Jesus endured. Jesus only needed to die for our sin, He did not have to endure any suffering. God wanted to be impartial / not show preference to Jesus. He wanted Him to endure temptations like us, endure being a Lamb to the slaughter. God did not have to do this. Jesus did not have to. But they did. I respect God greatly for that!

Loyal
But you don't agree. That is why we keep going in circles here.

Posted scripture? Cherry picked scripture with the worst discernment possible.

I know many cherry pick on scripture I have not done so I have included full sections of scripture.

Read again the following, take it all in, many chop these verse up, they should not be cherry picked, the verses here are all part of the context, don't just read three times Jesus says we must be born again, important message for sure. Don't just read of God's love in verse 16 and 17, read the condemnation, read how people condemn themselves, then look at the full picture.

Very clear I believe, no cherry picking my friend, let Scripture speak.

John 3:1-21 (NKJV)
1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?
11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

Although man will be judged at the Great White Throne judgement, if he is not saved, basically he is condemned already. Standing before Jesus and hearing their sins read back to them will be a terrible experience in itself, but the condemnation comes to all lost souls, regardless of how good or charitable they may be or appear on earth, if they have not accepted Jesus, the Free Gift of Salvation, they have condemned themself.

Although it is important we accept God is Love, and in Him is no darkness at all, we have to accept His Word good or bad. And it really is our choice, we have no one else to blame if we do not heed the warning.

There are many people in this world who believe, God is Love, many celebrities do, many of them are gay and think the same, but they do not accept Jesus, they are condemned already. Unless they repent and accept Jesus according to God's Holy Word.

There are many people who take hold of various scripture and believe in the verse, not the context of the section, not other verses just the ones they like.

Acts 2:21 (NKJV)
21 And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

Romans 10:13 (NKJV)
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

Acts 16:31 (NKJV)
31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

So a person says 'I called or believe on him I said a prayer... I am saved. No you are not!

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

So a person says 'I believe in God and know the Easter story... I am saved. No you are not!

Why not? Because ALL scripture is God breathed, ALL scripture reveals The Truth.

John 3:3-7 (NKJV)
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

All the above scriptures are correct, providing we are born again.

So many read single verses and don't take into consideration the context of the section, the chapter, the book, The Word

I believe the above is a perfect example of this, three times Jesus 'emphasises' that 'we must be born again. If we do not pray through Jesus, who was given all authority, if we do not pray through Jesus who is the intercessor of 'all prayers', we can, call, pray, say we believe or what ever we are not saved, we will not see heaven, we will not go to heaven.

Some may say, some do say, this is not fair. Why? Because it doesn't fit what they want to believe, we MUST take ALL scripture, whether we think it is good or bad it is God's highway code, it tells us the paths to walk, it is God's love story for all mankind, He is the creator, He sets the rules, are we willing to abide in The Word, all the Word? We all have the same choice brother.

On earth if we exceed the speed limit on the road and are caught, do we say, I always do this speed, I know it is safe I have done it so many times. Sorry friend you are charged. That is the world's highway code, God has given us His, it is called the Bible, do as I have asked and you will have life, if you do not obey my commands you will have condemn yourself already.

Loyal
@KingJ -- I just googled "brazen bull" to find out what it was actually about. People would be in that structure, locked in and a fire would be set under it -- gradually cooking/ roasting the people inside of it. It was designed by a guy who thought it was pretty ingenius. Christians were put in it to die. So I don't understand why you compare the brazen bull to eternity in hell.

As has been said several times -- the lake of fire and brimstone isn't meant for people -- only for satan, the false prophet and the beast. Believers are not any of those three. And God tells all of us how to stay Out of there. 'we' end up there through our own choice. And hell is as eternal as heaven will be.

And even if hell Will be eternal 'torture' for those three entities -- God IS telling us Now about it and is telling mankind / us/ how to avoid it. So-- why not just believe God's Word and follow His ways in the 1st place. AND warn people about the reality Of hell in their futures UNLESS they Do turn to God which is possible through the blood shed by Jesus Christ on the cross.

You've been on a rampage about weather or not God is impartial or partial -- God is 'just' in all He does. There Is a penalty for sinning. Acknowledge the existence of sin and it's penalties -- do something about it. But 'doing something about it" does Not mean trying to by-pass the existence Of hell or the consequences of being there and making it sound like a short time of suffering -- when the Reality IS -- as God's Word says -- a horrible place of pain / suffering that No one will want to stay once they begin to experience it. And That is what satan wants -- for 'us' to down-play it's existence -- so that the 'world' will simply imagine that they will be with all their ungodly friends having a good ole time sinning all they want with their friends with no God around to spoil their fun. And what a shock they will find when they get to the Reality Of Hell. But with No way of escape.

Loyal
Would you ever not call someone guilty of torture, wicked?

"ever not". Words like "never" and "always" change context. Surely some people torture people for the pleasure of it.
Fifty shades of grey. The Marquis de Sade. Nazi Concentration camps. I would say these are definitely wicked people.

If someone is whipped, say given 50 stripes for stealing... is that wicked? If someone serial molests children and murders them, and they are given the electric chair.. is that wicked?
If you sin against God all your life and never repent.. and you end up in the Lake of Fire, is that wicked?
I would say these people received their just rewards.

I wouldn't say I wouldn't "never" call torture wicked. But on the other hand, I wouldn't "always" call torture wicked.
This seems to be tied to a length of time for you. You don't seem to like the word "forever".

Prov 22:15; Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of discipline will remove it far from him.
Prov 23:13; Do not hold back discipline from the child, Although you strike him with the rod, he will not die.
Prov 29:15; The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.

Where would you like to draw the line? If the parents ever spanks a child once they are wicked?
How many spanks are they allowed? One, two? Does three make them wicked? 10? 20?
When I was a child, it was "however many it took" to get you to change.

Being in prison could be considered torture. Many say it is. So what do we do with serial rapists and murderers?
Not do anything, just let them run free in society and keep doing what they are doing? That wouldn't be wicked to you? That seems to be what you are suggesting here.
Put them in prison for a couple of days, maybe they will change? A couple of days wouldn't be so wicked would it? But would they change? You don't know. I don't know. But God knows.
Some people are in prison 20 or 30 thirty years, and when we they get out.. they do the same things they did to get them in prison in the first place. Some people never change.

So what should we do? Just kill them off. Some justice systems do this. Or should we give them a chance to see if they repent? Maybe in 5 or 10 years they WILL change.
If they do, would that be better than killing them off? In trying to figure out these decisions out, we are making ourselves God. The difference is... God knows who will change, and who won't.

Loyal
Would you ever not call someone guilty of torture, wicked?

What does scripture say wicked is?

Sin, not accepting God is sin, not accepting Jesus is sin, not accepting God's Word and commandments is sin. etc, etc

Basically anything against God's Word is Wicked, because wicked is sin, sin is wicked.

Active
Surely some people torture people for the pleasure of it. Fifty shades of grey. The Marquis de Sade. Nazi Concentration camps. I would say these are definitely wicked people.
There are not fifty shades of grey. I cannot believe you would say that.

Yes, Nazi concentration camps were wicked. Why? They starved the people therein to death. The treatment of people therein is the reason good people pioneered the Geneva convention.

If someone is whipped, say given 50 stripes for stealing... is that wicked?
It will be wicked if the lashes are disproportionate to the crime. A thief can steal candy from a candy store (1 lash if that) or the last loaf of bread of an orphan (say 10-30 lashes). Lashes would be a once off punishment according to the crime committed. If God does such with the wicked, it is not wicked. No.

If someone serial molests children and murders them, and they are given the electric chair.. is that wicked?
Quick death, deserved and no cruel torture. No, not wicked.

If you sin against God all your life and never repent.. and you end up in the Lake of Fire, is that wicked? I would say these people received their just rewards.
If the lake of fire is as you and others insinuate a place of extreme torture....uhm yes. It would be a punishment disproportionate to crimes committed.

Think of a brazen bull. You sitting on a hot fire cooking. I would say 1 000 lashes = 30 mins in a brazen bull.

and...you...and others espouse God will do this consistently for all eternity to the wicked.

Loyal

Why are you looking for the Truth, amongst the world?

Why are you looking for Heavenly Truths in worldly ways?

What matters to me brother, is what God's Word says, I accept the Truth brother, I accept the Word of God which is Truth. I accept ALL of God's Word because I know in my heart It Is Truth. I may not like somethings as you don't, but I know, to be a child of God I have to and have accepted ALL our Father's Words because it is The Truth, written down, ahead of time to warn me, to guide me, to bless me, to direct me, to reprimand me and to keep me on the right path, though it be narrow path I know I do not need to worry, I know it leads to Truth.

Active
I wouldn't say I wouldn't "never" call torture wicked. But on the other hand, I wouldn't "always" call torture wicked.
Examples of 'good' torture please.

Torture is always wicked. Don't confuse torture with torment.

This seems to be tied to a length of time for you. You don't seem to like the word "forever".

Prov 22:15; Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of discipline will remove it far from him.
Prov 23:13; Do not hold back discipline from the child, Although you strike him with the rod, he will not die.
Prov 29:15; The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.

Where would you like to draw the line? If the parents ever spanks a child once they are wicked?
How many spanks are they allowed? One, two? Does three make them wicked? 10? 20?
When I was a child, it was "however many it took" to get you to change.

Are you being serious? I just don't know anymore.

If I were to BEAT my wife, ONE occasion is wrong. Wicked.

If we discipline our children it is never wicked. If you abuse your child, ONE occasion is wicked.

Ongoing ABUSE of a child is torture / wicked / mortal sin.

Active
Being in prison could be considered torture. Many say it is. So what do we do with serial rapists and murderers?
Not do anything, just let them run free in society and keep doing what they are doing? That wouldn't be wicked to you? That seems to be what you are suggesting here.
Where did I suggest that? Did you not read the OP?

Put them in prison for a couple of days, maybe they will change? A couple of days wouldn't be so wicked would it? But would they change? You don't know. I don't know. But God knows. Some people are in prison 20 or 30 thirty years, and when we they get out.. they do the same things they did to get them in prison in the first place. Some people never change.

So what should we do? Just kill them off. Some justice systems do this. Or should we give them a chance to see if they repent? Maybe in 5 or 10 years they WILL change.
If they do, would that be better than killing them off? In trying to figure out these decisions out, we are making ourselves God. The difference is... God knows who will change, and who won't.

God creates an eternal hell because some people won't repent at a depth of intent that passes His judgement. This does not now mean that He tortures them in this home He has created for them.

God will pass all our judgments. Nobody will disagree with His punishment. In fact we will commend Him and some may even want something worse.

God speaks of hell from His vantage point. As He did to Adam and Eve on earth.

Loyal
If someone is whipped, say given 50 stripes for stealing... is that wicked?
If someone serial molests children and murders them, and they are given the electric chair.. is that wicked?
If you sin against God all your life and never repent.. and you end up in the Lake of Fire, is that wicked?
I would say these people received their just rewards.

Great post above brother, I just cut out these bits to add a couple of comments if I may.

Once the human mind starts to access things in earthly ways everything becomes out of balance.

When I read the above I cringed, I thought the one whipping was the most wicked. The Truth is, they are both wicked.

When I read the second statement, immediately my hearts says, thou shalt not kill, two wrongs don't make a right.

The conclusion is simple I think.

If we break the Law we have to pay the penalty, what ever level of penalty is prescribed before hand for the crime. I felt 50 stries for stealing was harsh, but if that was in the law, tht is the penalty.

So it is with 'God's Law', God's Commandments, we are told do this and this is the penalty, do that and this will be the penalty, the punishments are written down beforehand so we all know, we all have no excuse.

Therefore the conclusion is simple.

Active
Why are you looking for the Truth, amongst the world?

Why are you looking for Heavenly Truths in worldly ways?

What matters to me brother, is what God's Word says, I accept the Truth brother, I accept the Word of God which is Truth. I accept ALL of God's Word because I know in my heart It Is Truth. I may not like somethings as you don't, but I know, to be a child of God I have to and have accepted ALL our Father's Words because it is The Truth, written down, ahead of time to warn me, to guide me, to bless me, to direct me, to reprimand me and to keep me on the right path, though it be narrow path I know I do not need to worry, I know it leads to Truth.
You were using the flood as support for evidence of ''cruelty'' by God. I outright debunked it with that link. Is there any other scripture you think taints God?

Loyal
You were using the flood as support for evidence of ''cruelty'' by God. I outright debunked it with that link. Is there any other scripture you think taints God?

I accept The Word of God as Truth, All of it brother.

If God said, in His Word, the moon was made of cheese, I would believe it, and hope it was Cheddar Cheese.

:grin:

We are told to be like little children my friend, if our Father says it, we are to believe it as little children.

Simples

We can become our own stumbling block!

Loyal
@KingJ -- IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ETERNAL PUNISHMENT OF ETERNAL HELL -- THEN DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD TO DO TO STAY OUT OF IT. SIMPLE ISN'T IT?!

pLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS --YET AGAIN.

Active
I am sorry I do not know exactly what is going on here. It seems like several people are disagreeing with you. I'm not sure what's up but I jave the feeling that this is based on a misconception or misunderstanding on everyone's part because I keep hearing the words torture and punishment. Cpuld you please share with me what the op is but in a very condensed version? What are you saying that people disagree with?

Loyal
Cpuld you please share with me what the op is but in a very condensed version?

It is hard to pin down exactly because it changes a little from time to time.

Someone here said God isn't going to send anyone to hell, and especially not into the Lake of Fire. They say God doesn't torture anyone.
They also said, even if God does send someone to Hell or the Lake of Fire, it will only hurt for a few seconds or minutes at the most. God isn't wicked and He wouldn't do this.

Several other people have posted scriptures to the contrary. Not that God is wicked. But rather God will throw people into the Lake of fire, and they will burn forever and ever.

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 14:9; Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
Rev 14:10; he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:11; "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Matt 18:8; "If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire.

2 Thes 1:9; These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

Jude 1:6; And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
Jude 1:7; just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Loyal
We cry out for true and lasting justice, then fault God for taking evil too seriously by administering eternal punishment. We can’t have it both ways. Sin is evil; just punishment of sin is good. Hell is an eternal correction of and compensation for evil. It is justice. To fear and dread Hell is understandable, but to argue against Hell is to argue against justice.
Hell is not evil; it’s a place where evil gets punished. Hell is not pleasant, appealing, or encouraging. But Hell is morally good, because a good God must punish evil.
..........Randy Alcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.