• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What to expect in Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Today you awoke to another day on earth. Maybe you are at the beach today enjoying the sea and view. Maybe you are at work and can't wait to leave it so you can go to a party, gym or home to your family. Your loved ones.

On earth we can have pleasant and unpleasant days. We meet pleasant and unpleasant people. There a few criminals on the streets, many in prison. There are children everywhere. All cute unless they teenagers. Animals. Some cute some not so cute. Earth is not such a bad place. There is clearly a mix of joy and pain.

Now, what can one expect when they 'wake up' so to speak in hell.

There are two passages in Luke 13 that say all we need to know. Two verses that are not up for debate. No figurative / metaphorical meanings. No context needed.

Luke 13:27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

Ok, so we awake to evildoers all around us. What exactly does this mean? Paul explains in 1 Cor 6:9-12 that unrepentant sinners will not be in heaven. He uses a plural word for every sin mentioned. Adluterers, not adulterer. Fornicators, not fornicator. Theives, not thief. Evildoers are those who sin and do not want to repent.

Now, imagine being surrounded by people like this. Not for a day, not for a week, not for a month, not for a year, not for a decade, not for a century, not for a thousand years, not for a million years, not for a billion years, not for a trillion years, not for a centillion years. But eternity. That is your company. For all eternity. Matt 25:46 Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Luke 13:28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out''.

If God was wicked, why would you weep and gnash your teeth? You wouldn't. You would rejoice, sing and dance. You do not have to live with a terrible god.

If you hated the prophets. Why would you weep and gnash your teeth?

This verse is telling us those in hell grasp that God is good. Prophets and saints are good. No ''evildoers''. Not being with them warrants weeping and gnashing teeth.

You don't wake up to repentant, kind and caring people. You wake up to unrepentant evildoers.

We can debate torture. We can debate darkness. We can debate fire. We can debate the presence of animals and some pleasantries. We cannot debate eternal separation. We cannot debate who you spend eternity with.

Active
There are many questions around 'evildoers'. Are they venial or mortal sinners / evildoers. Is there truly such a thing as someone never wanting to repent?

There is a lot to think on and be said regarding this. Ultimately we have to trust and know that God is a good judge. He searches the depths of hearts and minds Jer 17:9-11.

It is true that a person in a mortal sin be more sold out to sin then a person in a venial sin. But we need to grasp that both can be unrepentant in their sin. Granted it is very hard to judge a venial sinner as being someone who would never repent. I mean for crying out aloud, there is a reason they only think about mortal sins and do not commit them.

This is where the accepting or rejecting of Jesus exposes the will of a persons heart.

Jesus says of the devil that 'he has been sinning since the beginning' John 8:44. This points to why the devil is no longer in heaven. It must surely be the same for those who will join him in hell. People never want to stop sinning. Imagine that.

I believe all humans will desire repentance. It is just a question of the depth of their intent. Let's say a rapist who has raped girls for twenty years. He now repents. Would any of us leave our daughters alone with him? Only God can grasp true repentance. If God says it is true repentance, we will trust God. But, many of us are not ''sold out'' to repentance. Many want to feel good for a moment. Feel righteous for a moment. They will return to their 'true' desire. To what they are 'sold out' to. As John 3:19 says ''they love the darkness''.

Loyal
Is there truly such a thing as someone never wanting to repent?

Rev 2:21; 'I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality.

Rev 9:20; The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;
Rev 9:21; and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.
Rev 16:9; Men were scorched with fierce heat; and they blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give Him glory.
Rev 16:11; and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.

Active
Rev 2:21; 'I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality.

Rev 9:20; The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;
Rev 9:21; and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.
Rev 16:9; Men were scorched with fierce heat; and they blasphemed the name of God who has the power over these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give Him glory.
Rev 16:11; and they blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores; and they did not repent of their deeds.

I am alluding to those that say they repent and perhaps have some sincerity to it, but not at a depth of intent that God trusts. As Psalm 51:17 says ''contrite and broken heart and mind''.

I guess in these verses you quoted a strong case can be made for no repentance whatsoever.

An example to my point: I know a guy that cheated on his wife. He repented to her and God. Not even three months later he is cheating again. Did he repent? God would say ''he repented not''. We would say ''he repented, but clearly with not sufficient sincerity to pass God's judgment''.

It is quite a hard pill to swallow. I must be honest. The fact that there are so many that even within the span of eternity would not repent sincerely.

Loyal
For those who had experienced the six bowls of God's Wrath, and lived, but not repented, it would seem they were never going to repent.

The mark of the beast was on them. They had chosen their destiny.

Then comes the most violent of all bowls of wrath, 'massive, enormous, furious, intense' are not big enough words big to explain the power of the earth quake, the Great City is divided into three parts,

Revelation 16:17-21 (NKJV)
17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"
18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.
19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.
20 Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.

Added to the earthquake will be a hailstorm with great hail-stones. A talent of silver weighing about 125 pounds!

This judgement is similar to the seventh plague in Egypt, Exod 9:22-26, Pharaoh and the Egyptian leaders did not repent, the Great Tribulation lost souls will not repent either; in fact, they will blaspheme God! No wonder the hail comes, note according to scripture, blasphemers are supposed to be stoned to death.

Loyal
I do not believe that hell will be as friendly as is sometimes made out. Certainly nothing like those who joke about it, 'well I won't be on my own they say', and laugh.

What do you do, what do most of us do when in pain and suffering, we look at self, we feel sorry for ourselves, we don't want company; my pain is worse than your pain, my suffering is worse than your suffering. Pain drives us crazy, it demands our attention, we just want to be alone!

And there will be crying and weeping and gnashing of teeth. This will be worse than the worst tooth ache we have experienced, far greater than birth pangs which build up to extreme but are forgotten when a child is born, the suffering in hell is 'eternal'.

Loyal
There are some people who think that any kind of punishment or physical hurt is ungodly. ... and yet God inflicts physical pain on people all through the Bible.
There are people who equally feel that a God that doesn't give justice and revenge on the wicked is ungodly.

Imagine some men break in your house. Tortures your pets until they die. Tortures your children until they die. Then rapes your wife several times in front of you, and kill her.
Then takes everything you have and burns your house. They leave you tied up to watch it all, but they don't kill you. They just whip you and beat you and leave you naked
in the street. However there are witnesses.

The police come eventually, they found the men who did this to you. They ask you if this is who did this, you say yes. They are the ones. ..so they take them to court to be judged.
and the blood found on them proves their guilt beyond a doubt, Some of the items stolen from your house are in their possession. Some of the torture devices were found
were they live. Pictures of your dead pets and family were found on their phones. A dozen witnesses testify they saw these men leave your house that night. All this is shown to the
judge and jury. And the judge says... it's OK they didn't do anything wrong. Let them go.

Many people would find this "more evil" than a God who tortures people. All through the Bible God says wicked evil people will eventually pay for what they've done.
Now Christians who accept the blood of Jesus are covered, and there is forgiveness. But for those who who refuse to repent or accept Jesus, there is a price to pay.

It seems this will be the vast majority of people.

Matt 7:13; "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Matt 7:14; "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Luke 13:23; And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,
Luke 13:24; "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

It seems "many" people will go to destruction. ..and "few" people will go to eternal life. How many is few? How many is many? I don't know but it seems one number
is larger than the other.

Rev 14:10; he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:11; "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Hell is not pleasant place.

Luke 16:23; "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luke 16:24; "And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.'
Luke 16:25; "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.
Luke 16:26; 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.'
Luke 16:27; "And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house—
Luke 16:28; for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

Matt 13:42; and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Matt 13:50;
and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Neither hell, nor the Lake of Fire will be a pleasant place. Remember God doesn't send anyone there. People choose to go there on their own free-will.

Loyal
There are some people who think that any kind of punishment or physical hurt is ungodly. ... and yet God inflicts physical pain on people all through the Bible.
There are people who equally feel that a God that doesn't give justice and revenge on the wicked is ungodly.

Imagine some men break in your house. Tortures your pets until they die. Tortures your children until they die. Then rapes your wife several times in front of you, and kill her.
Then takes everything you have and burns your house. They leave you tied up to watch it all, but they don't kill you. They just whip you and beat you and leave you naked

The police come eventually, they found the men who did this to you. They ask you if this is who did this, you say yes. They are the ones. ..so they take them to court to be judged.
and the blood found on them proves their guilt beyond a doubt, Some of the items stolen from your house are in their possession. Some of the torture devices were found
were they live. Pictures of your dead pets and family were found on their phones. A dozen witnesses testify they saw these men leave your house that night. All this is shown to the
judge and jury. And the judge says... it's OK they didn't do anything wrong. Let them go.

Many people would find this "more evil" than a God who tortures people. All through the Bible God says wicked evil people will eventually pay for what they've done.
Now Christians who accept the blood of Jesus are covered, and there is forgiveness. But for those who who refuse to repent or accept Jesus, there is a price to pay.

Matt 7:13; "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Matt 7:14; "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Luke 13:23; And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,
Luke 13:24; "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

It seems "many" people will go to destruction. ..and "few" people will go to eternal life. How many is few? How many is many? I don't know but it seems one number

Rev 14:10; he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:11; "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Rev 20:10; And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Luke 16:23; "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luke 16:24; "And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.'
Luke 16:25; "But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.
Luke 16:26; 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.'
Luke 16:27; "And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house—
Luke 16:28; for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

Matt 13:42; and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Rev 20:15; And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Neither hell, nor the Lake of Fire will be a pleasant place. Remember God doesn't send anyone there. People choose to go there on their own free-will.

I remember the first church (place of worship) I went to when I had accepted Jesus, I had probably only been going there about a year, I talked with a kind and gentle warm looking faced retired vicar at the end of one service, I talked of tribulation, he was blinded, he wouldn't accept a God of love would do such things, as you say brother it is clear through out the Bible.

Another time I spoke to another person, I was experiencing one hell of a spiritual battle at home, as mentioned in other posts, my wife was threatening separation and set the kids against me also. I spoke of the spiritual battle to one guy, he wouldn't have it, he said I have never experienced that, I find when I talk about my faith they listen, nothing more.

Another time I spoke to another person after a service, I talked about the end time and the warnings, he wasn't having it, he and his family had always gone to church, he had never heard such things!

They were all Christians, certainly longer than me, I would have only been about one year old, these other people had been Church of England most of their lives.

God is Love, reading were set over a two year period, lots of scripture never touched, some sermons were alrightish, but the common practice was take the OT reading, take the NT reading, take the Gospel reading, them look for the theme, often missing the main part. John 3:1-21 was never read in full, yes the beginning was touched of Jesus and Nicodemus, but preaching of John 3:3, 3:5, 3:7 never made clear to the congregation, there was far to much 'cotton wool' reading, with 'cotton wool' sermons.

So sad, sharing the 'cotton wool' Sunday school type readings, believing the congregation is saved due to infant Christening, or just because they go to'church'. Yet it is common many of places of worship proclaim to be Gospel believing churches.

Active
I do not believe that hell will be as friendly as is sometimes made out. Certainly nothing like those who joke about it, 'well I won't be on my own they say', and laugh.

What do you do, what do most of us do when in pain and suffering, we look at self, we feel sorry for ourselves, we don't want company; my pain is worse than your pain, my suffering is worse than your suffering. Pain drives us crazy, it demands our attention, we just want to be alone!

And there will be crying and weeping and gnashing of teeth. This will be worse than the worst tooth ache we have experienced, far greater than birth pangs which build up to extreme but are forgotten when a child is born, the suffering in hell is 'eternal'.

Luke 13:28 says they weep and gnash their teeth because they look up and see that they are cast out. This is a realization of their predicament. Grasping they are not with God. A good God.

As I say in the last line of my OP, torture is debatable.

It pleased God to bruise Jesus. Jesus took our sins on Himself. So, clearly it will also please God to bruise sinners who don't have Jesus as their sacrifice. So, we can with confidence say there will be a 'bruising' of sort. But the '''only''' evidence we have to base a future assumption on is what actually happened to Jesus. He was whipped, spat on and crucified. This all took place in a day. If anyone says it will please God to bruise someone for longer then a day, or at a greater extremity then He did Jesus, they are in dangerous heretical territory in my honest opinion.

The eternal torment and suffering is simply due to the separation and permanent presence of evildoers.

Last edited:
Active

I know we have discussed this before, but it is as though we are not properly reading one another's posts.

The rich man was in Hades. Hades is a place where the fallen angels (bar a few extremely wicked) are not serving their sentence. Their punishment. I see the fire in Hades as something God is not possibly behind. The lake of fire is the destination of all evildoers after God's judgement. IE, nothing that happens in Hades can be used to explain what happens in the lake of fire. Yes, I know '''lake of fire''' sounds very related. But still, unrelated.

Regarding Matt 13. We know from Luke 13:28 why they weep and gnash their teeth. It is not because of fire. The furnace of fire either speaks to annihilation or the fire is metaphorical / the only word God can find in our vocabulary that best describes the state of one who is not with Him. IE has none of His peace.

To assume the ''worst case scenario'' of God literally torturing one in a fire for eternity is to not discern God and all of scripture on the topic. Even a few minutes being burnt alive is wicked. God is not wicked.

The brazen bull was invented by a most wicked person. A most wicked king used it. No Christian would ever touch this. Jesus would never touch this.

Two verses utterly debunk eternal ''torture / brazen bull type punishment''. 1 John 1:5 God has no darkness in Him at all and Psalm 145:17 God is righteous in all His ways.

The devil would put Christians in a brazen bull. Not God. God is ''NOT'' wicked.

Active
I do not believe that hell will be as friendly as is sometimes made out. Certainly nothing like those who joke about it, 'well I won't be on my own they say', and laugh

Billions of humans and angels together for all eternity. I think it is logical to assume they will have duties and chores. Parties and socializing. A lot of ''human'' activities take place in heaven. Eating food, riding horses, wearing crowns, presence of precious metals we have on earth right now. Why not the same for hell. Humans are humans. They play sport, eat and socialize.

The bad thing about hell though is that your friends, shopkeeper, neighbor and leaders are all evildoers.

Loyal
Billions of humans and angels together for all eternity. I think it is logical to assume they will have duties and chores. Parties and socializing.

I cannot see this my friend and I don't want to go there to find out.

A lot of ''human'' activities take place in heaven. Eating food, riding horses, wearing crowns, presence of precious metals we have on earth right now.

We will be coming to what may be, or take place, on the New Earth very soon in the thread

NEW HEAVEN/NEW EARTH - THE ETERNAL HOME OF EVERY SAVED BELIEVER IN CHRIST JESUS
This part starting at POST #198

Hopefully it will be an interesting discussion, backed with scripture. Your comment now and when we get to the stage you mention would be welcome brother.

Loyal
The Bible uses the word "burn". Have you ever been sun-burnt? Burned your finger on a hot pan on the stove?
Some people have scars and have been disfigured by fire.

Matt 3:12; "His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
Matt 13:30; 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
Luke 3:17; "His winnowing fork is in His hand to thoroughly clear His threshing floor, and to gather the wheat into His barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
Rev 17:16; "And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire.

Matt 5:29; "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
Matt 5:30; "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.
Matt 18:9; "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.

I would think pulling your eyeball out of your head would be pretty painful. Going through life with one would be "inconvenient". But both are better than burning in hell.
The same goes for hacking off a hand or a foot.

Matt 23:33; "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?
Mark 9:43; "If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,
Mark 9:45; "If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than, having your two feet, to be cast into hell,
Mark 9:47; "If your eye causes you to stumble, throw it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be cast into hell,
Luke 12:5; "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

Jesus didn't pull any punches, He told it like it is.

Matt 7:19; "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Matt 13:40; "So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.

Matt 25:41; "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Mar 9:44; [where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]
Mar 9:46; [where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.]
Mar 9:48; where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

John 15:6; "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.
John 15:10; "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Luke 3:9; "Indeed the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

Heb 12:29; for our God is a consuming fire.

2 Pet 3:7; But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
Jude 1:7; just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Jude 1:23; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

Rom 3:5; But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He?

Active
I cannot see this my friend and I don't want to go there to find out.
We won't need to go there to find out. God will have an open book policy. Have nothing to hide from anyone. He is righteous in all His ways. Nobody now and nobody in heaven will ever say He is wicked or evil. We will agree with all He does. Even to those in hell.

So a valid question to ask Christians is, 'what would they do to evildoers who never want to repent?' I like to think we would follow through with something like the Geneva convention or better.

Loyal
I do not believe those in Heaven will be able to see those in hell, God has lifted us out, I am aware of the scripture of what was seen and said between the 'great gulf' but I do not believe we will see those in hell.

Loyal
I do not believe those in Heaven will be able to see those in hell, God has lifted us out, I am aware of the scripture of what was seen and said between the 'great gulf' but I do not believe we will see those in hell.

Abaraham's Bosom/Paradise was a temporary place. I don't believe it exists anymore. Roman Catholics believe in a placce called purgatory where you can "change you mind about salvation"
after you are dead. But this contradicts the Bible.

Heb 9:27; And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Once you physically die, it's game over. You can't change your mind. It's too late.

Hell is also a temporary place, it won't last forever.

Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

So even if Lazarus and the rich man spoke to each other, that was before Jesus led the captives (in the lower parts of the earth) free.
And even hades won't exist forever.

Active
The great gulf is speaking to a split in Hades. Abrahams bosom / paradise was separated from the rest of Hades.

Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.

This verse tells me that their initial punishment (this case the devil)/ bruising by God for their sins takes place in the presence of God and the angels. Since we reign with Christ, we too should be able to witness this ten minute, hour or full day punishment.

Then think on this verse too, Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

These are people like you and I that are in heaven with God. Asking God when He will avenge them. They must have a valid expectation (from God surely) of vengeance. They want judgment and vengeance for those that likely tortured them for ten days and then put them to death Rev 2:10. Do you think they envision a fair and fitting punishment being ten days of equal pain and torture? Eye for an eye? No I don't believe so. All they want / all I would want if I am going to be one of them, is for them to be whipped for an hour and then removed from the earth via a quick death. Now what some espouse of '''eternity in a brazen bull type burning and torment'' is simply wicked and borderline ''mad?''.

Last edited:
Loyal
Abaraham's Bosom/Paradise was a temporary place. I don't believe it exists anymore. Roman Catholics believe in a placce called purgatory where you can "change you mind about salvation"
after you are dead. But this contradicts the Bible.

Heb 9:27; And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Once you physically die, it's game over. You can't change your mind. It's too late.

Hell is also a temporary place, it won't last forever.

Rev 20:14; Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

So even if Lazarus and the rich man spoke to each other, that was before Jesus led the captives (in the lower parts of the earth) free.
And even hades won't exist forever.

Spot on brother.

So many believe those in Heaven will see those in Hell, I cannot see why except for misunderstanding the passage you quote.

Fake teaching, Fake understanding, Fake assumptions.

God is not going to let the saved look on those in hell, weeping and crying and gnashing their teeth in eternal torment.

Bless you brother.

Active
Spot on brother.

So many believe those in Heaven will see those in Hell, I cannot see why except for misunderstanding the passage you quote.

Fake teaching, Fake understanding, Fake assumptions.

God is not going to let the saved look on those in hell, weeping and crying and gnashing their teeth in eternal torment.

Bless you brother.
The reason I don't witness with this is because it paints a picture of a wicked God. God who is righteous in all His ways....is *cough cough* going to be extremely wicked to evildoers for eternity.

God is a chameleon. No. God does not change and God does not lie Num 23:19. He is righteous in all His ways Psalm 145:17. We give thanks because He is good Psalm 136:1.

I just don't understand how so many assume the absolute worst. We cannot read '''fire'''' with the absolutely worst assumption.

Loyal
The reason I don't witness with this is because it paints a picture of a wicked God. God who is righteous in all His ways....is *cough cough* going to be extremely wicked to evildoers for eternity.

God is a chameleon. No. God does not change and God does not lie Num 23:19. He is righteous in all His ways Psalm 145:17. We give thanks because He is good Psalm 136:1.

I just don't understand how so many assume the absolute worst. We cannot read '''fire'''' with the absolutely worst assumption.

Greetings brother

All through scripture we see we belong to, sin, the world and the devil, or we belong to God, Father, Son and Holy, Spirit. All through scripture we are told how we are saved and how we remain lost souls, also throughout scripture are the reasons and the warnings. The saved will receive eternal life with our Lord, the wicked, who have rejected God and The Word will go to hell and there will be a great gulf between the two.

Revelation 20:11-15 (NKJV)
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The judgement and outcome is clear. What I feel we have to ask ourselves at times like this is, do we believe God's Word or do we try adjust it to fit our thoughts.

I wrote yesterday in a thread of three situation in the church (place of worship) I first attended. One included a lovely warm faced gentle man, a retired vicar, he believes God is love, true He is, but that was where he created a red line for himself, he said I cannot believe these other things I believe God is Love. Two others I spoke to, one about a spiritual battle I was in, another about the battle in the end times, both chose not to accept them, they were cherry picking The Word of God. It is dangerous.

In this life we are all given the same chance, we come to the Father through Jesus Christ our Lord as scripture states or we reject Him, and remain in sin, the world and belonging to the devil. But if we accept God we must accept The Word, The Truth, whether it be what has happened, how to live, or the outcome. I don't assume the absolute worse my friend, but I do accept it will be as God has told us. Some things we may struggle to understand, but we must accept God at His Word.

Peace be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.