• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

what to do..........

when somebody is facing hard periods or hard times ,people at church currently say
' trust in God , pray.......and you'll see all things will return in order things will change '
but it,s not always the case .......
now i,m facing difficult times in my life [school, work, etc] and i don't know what to do i really feel discouraged ...................sometimes i say 'God do you know me ..........i'm here ........i'm your child....'
and i wait but i feel so discouraged
i really don,t know what to do..........

I've been in that place too, and I think any one who decides to follow Christ will find themselves in a place that's simular. The Bible is full of such cases. Here is one about David that comes to mind.

1 Samuel 30 1-6
1 And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;
2 And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way.
3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.
4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.
5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.
6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

Remember, we do not become victorious by overpowering our circumstances, when we are weak He is strong.
Our testimony is not about us, it's about Jesus.

Revelation 12:10&11
10*And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Dear meggye,

I'm really sorry that you are going through a difficult time...sounds like that there are a lot of things happening for you at the moment, but please let me assure you that God is listening.

Sometime God allows us to go through difficult times to improve us and make us more mature - more like Jesus.

Just stick close to God and he will help you through!
I recommend reading Psalm 23. Like Jiggyfly indicates, King David went through many trials and difficulties but he always found strength and comfort from God...I hope that that will be your experience too!

love and prayer from
evangeline

Administrator
Staff Member
Faith and *patience* is key in such matters. Trust (faith) is important. You do believe what GOD has done for us? Jesus Christ on Calvary. Now remind yourself that if GOD loves us that much to send His only begotten Son, then everything else in life is immediately a smaller matter no matter how difficult it may seem. GOD loves you and will never forsake you. Faith is important.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

hang in there, you have a family here that will support you and pray for you. Always remember that God will NEVER EVER leave you. He is right there with you, even when you don't feel like he is. I GUARANTEE he is! Keep on praying and asking for him to help you. My prayers are with you.
Your sister in Christ
Mardi xx

meggye said:
when somebody is facing hard periods or hard times ,people at church currently say
' trust in God , pray.......and you'll see all things will return in order things will change '
but it,s not always the case .......
now i,m facing difficult times in my life [school, work, etc] and i don't know what to do i really feel discouraged ...................sometimes i say 'God do you know me ..........i'm here ........i'm your child....'
and i wait but i feel so discouraged
i really don,t know what to do..........
Meggye: Some years ago I learned a saying that may be helpful to you as you struggle: "If you were the only one it ever happened to, there wouldn't be words for it.

The things you are suffering are not unique; millions of Christians have had the same kinds of problems.

You can trust God to answer your prayer and meet your need, but you cannot control WHAT that answer will be or WHEN it will come.

Your friends give good advice, but I would add one phrase to their words:

"Trust in God, pray......AND DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING.

SLE

SpiritLedEd said:
Meggye: Some years ago I learned a saying that may be helpful to you as you struggle: "If you were the only one it ever happened to, there wouldn't be words for it.

The things you are suffering are not unique; millions of Christians have had the same kinds of problems.

You can trust God to answer your prayer and meet your need, but you cannot control WHAT that answer will be or WHEN it will come.

Your friends give good advice, but I would add one phrase to their words:

"Trust in God, pray......AND DO THE NEXT RIGHT THING.

SLE
thank you .God bless U.
MEGGYE.