• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What Kind of life did Jesus purchase for us ?

Active
So healing is like pop tarts.
You should let her know up front that if she is home writhing in pain your not going to give up bowling night.
Because healing is not worth mentioning.
Not sure how you miss-interpreting me so badly.

If I have already committed my entire life, body and soul to my wife (love / commitment required = 100%) she should ''''know''' / '''trust'' beyond measure that I would definitely consider / meet her '''needs''' (love / commitment required = 1%).

Matt 6:26 is Jesus being sarcastic.

Now when we read this in reverse it should ''really'' hit home. If we have examined ourselves to be 'in-Christ and our needs are not met.....it is not because of a lack of anything our side or His side, rather 100% His will.

Loyal
Not sure how you miss-interpreting me so badly.

If I have already committed my entire life, body and soul to my wife (love / commitment required = 100%) she should ''''know''' / '''trust'' beyond measure that I would definitely consider / meet her '''needs''' (love / commitment required = 1%).

Matt 6:26 is Jesus being sarcastic.

Now when we read this in reverse it should ''really'' hit home. If we have examined ourselves to be 'in-Christ and our needs are not met.....it is not because of a lack of anything our side or His side, rather 100% His will.

Hello KJ ;)
Can you show me how you come up with this using scripture.
((( Now when we read this in reverse it should ''really'' hit home. If we have examined ourselves to be 'in-Christ and our needs are not met.....it is not because of a lack of anything our side or His side, rather 100% His wil)))
Thanks Brother
Jim

Active
Hello again Brother KJ,
This is not at all 100 percent correct

1. First of all "Faith the size of a mustard seed" Is NOT saying a little bit of faith is all you need. You miss the entire point of the parable.
The seed is the smallest.........but it is put into the ground.........it is watered and nourished.........it grows roots and then sprouts up and grows into the bigest type of herb bush or tree or plant (which ever way you see it ) in which the birds and animals can take shelter.

2. Seed is the measure of faith that we are given - ground is our Hearts - watered and nourished is His written word building our faith ( faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God) Then the seed which is our Faith begins to take root deeply in our hearts and begins to grow stronger and stronger Then it matures and is a mighty force and our faith can shelter others and stand for others and so forth. It can move mountains....Mountains are the things in our life that hold us back or keeping us from victory or anything the enemy has placed in your life or path to trip you up.

I hope this helps you understand a little better KJ
God Bless
Jim
1. You are twisting that scripture Jim. It is saying faith of a ridiculously tiny mustard seed can move a mountain. If we have that faith, it can grow into a tree size faith. It is Christianity 101. Take the leap of faith and when God catches you, you will be established in faith in God (like our faith in gravity).

A Christian has a measure of faith enabling us to believe a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago is God of the universe 1 Cor 12:3. It is laughable to suggest we need to muster up faith to move a mountain when we already believe fully in a God that created the universe. Please meditate on it. The ONLY time it takes faith for healing or prosperity or what not needs / mountain relocations is when we DO NOT believe we are liaising with God of the universe / ie are not Christian.

When we believe we have the power to move a mountain = glory to us. How is it not?
When we help others to appreciate the mountains that already miraculously exist = all glory to God.

2. What faith are you referring to? I read it as faith for moving one mountain, then two, then three, then all at the same time....? You need to try understand that that is NOT the faith that our father of faith, Abraham, had...

Loyal
1. It is saying faith of a ridiculously tiny mustard seed can move a mountain. If we have that faith, it can grow into a tree size faith. It is Christianity 101. Take the leap of faith and when God catches you, you will be established in faith.

A Christian has a measure of faith enabling us to believe a man who walked the earth 2000 years ago is God of the universe 1 Cor 12:3. It is laughable to suggest we need to muster up faith to move a mountain when we already believe fully in a God that created the universe. Do you get that? Pleas meditate on it. The ONLY time it takes faith for healing or prosperity or what not needs / mountain relocations is when we DO NOT believe we are liaising with God of the universe / ie are not Christian.

But I know you will not budge on this Jim. You need to believe you have superpowers and the rest of us don't.

When we believe we have the power to move a mountain = glory to us. How is it not?
When we help others to appreciate the mountains that already miraculously exist = all glory to God.

2. What faith are you referring to? I read it as faith for moving one mountain, then two, then three, then all at the same time....? You need to try understand that that is NOT the faith that Abraham had.

KJ what in the world are you talking about here ?
If I understand what you say then faith is only to believe that Jesus walked on earth ?
What is your silly statement about super powers ? Is that the best you can do ? I mean say some silly thing like this ?
Come on KJ, expalin to me how you view faith...
Mountains in the bible is the same as giants and is simply thosde things that hinder your moving forward and taking the victory. Things that come against you.

God Bless You Kj
Jim

Active
Hello KJ ;)
Can you show me how you come up with this using scripture.
((( Now when we read this in reverse it should ''really'' hit home. If we have examined ourselves to be 'in-Christ and our needs are not met.....it is not because of a lack of anything our side or His side, rather 100% His wil)))
Thanks Brother
Jim
Matt 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they.

Rom 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things.

If today I took a bullet for you. Then tomorrow you come to me wondering if I will share my sandwich with you. I will smack you for stupidity ;). God meeting our needs requires no faith. If I do not share my sandwich with you...there is a very good reason for it. If someone who loves the Lord / hates and repents of sin....is sick. It IS God's will. Not, 'it might be'. Not, 'there is a lack of faith'.....

Ah but I am done trying to get this simple truth through to you. Keep believing you have magical powers and magical faith that others who love Jesus don't. Keep believing that God does '''not'' attend to the needs of the nervous (weak faith) and illiterate (don't know scripture) children.

Loyal
Matt 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they.

Rom 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things.

If today I took a bullet for you. Then tomorrow you come to me wondering if I will share my sandwich with you. I will smack you for stupidity ;). God meeting our needs requires no faith. If I do not share my sandwich with you...there is a very good reason for it. If someone who loves the Lord / hates and repents of sin....is sick. It IS God's will. Not, 'it might be'. Not, 'there is a lack of faith'.....

Ah but I am done trying to get this simple truth through to you. Keep believing you have magical powers and magical faith that we don't. Keep believing that God does '''not'' attend to the needs of the nervous (weak faith) and illiterate (don't know scripture) children.

Why brother KJ are you getting cross with me ? ROFL.....I was going to quote ol doc holidays line. lol
Why do you keep insisting that I think I have super powers or what ever it is you are speaking?

Further more you understanding of fasith and what it is and why we need it is lacking true substance of Gods word.
Why do you feel faith is not needed ? God's will is NEVER for any of us to be sick or harmed.
Come on KJ, please get serious here.
Love ya brother
Jim......what kind of sandwich ?

Staff Member
Greetings,

I noticed 'forgiveness' mentioned.

Now, what is our part?
(I don't mean us receiving)

We also hear of 'obedience'. What is our part?
GOD is faithful.

Can unforgiveness be as a mountain?

Love

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings again so soon,

John 20:22-23
22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Matthew 9:5
For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings,

I noticed 'forgiveness' mentioned.

Now, what is our part?
(I don't mean us receiving)

We also hear of 'obedience'. What is our part?
GOD is faithful.

Can unforgiveness be as a mountain?

Love

Bless you ....><>
Greetings Br, Bear,
Absolutely " Unforgiveness " can and is a mountaain in your prayer life and in your faith so forth.
One example is found in Mark 11:25 When you stand praying - FORGIVE - if you have aught against any
This is telling us right now. Not wehen ever they earn it or if you only knew what they did to me you would not expect me to forgive....But YEP sure do for it is written...........when praying......so this mean right there and right now for you are not going to stay there praying for 3 weeks. lol

Blessings
Jim

Greetings Brother KJ,
It is not about walking up to God and slapping Him on the back side and saying Get with it give me what I said. In all actuality Kj God does desire us to be to the place where he is beholding to His word. He desires us to not only know His word but to be living it in such a confident way that He can bless us with what He has promised us.

In all of Gods written word you will notice that we must do something in order for Him to move. Salvation is a free gift, correct, but we still had to ask and give Him permission to take over our life. Ephesians 2:8-9 Romans 10:9-10

Jesus defeated death on the cross and His blood has washed away Past - Present - Future sins correct ,.....BUT we still have to ask for forgiveness. 1john1:9

It is all through His written word like this.........Draw unto God AND He will draw unto you
So when you speak like this is saying hey God give me this because i did that and you have to is simply twisitng the way it really is.
God is faithful unto His "for I am watching over my word to perform it.” Jeremiah 1:12

Well any way Brother, as you can see - it is not about making God do anything but simply listening to His word and obeying His word and ways, It pays to be obedient unto God !!
God Bless KJ
Jim

Hi! 'Wired 4 Fishen'
Admittedly, I haven't really thought much before about, the question you posed: "What kind of life did Jesus purchase for us?",
I've always thought more of the idea that Jesus purchased our debts owing as "wages of sin". He exchanged Himself as the Pearl of Great Price for a fathomless amount of tarnished coins ... namely us. This was the price which the evil one had demanded and to which God and Jesus willingly complied.
Because of this heavenly transaction, (which became visible on the earth at Calvary), we have been redeemed from our hostage taker ... the liar and the thief.
The life we now have was not so much purchased ... but rather RESTORED .. as was intended from the beginning and announced by the Word of God.

Active
What kind of life did Jesus purchase for us?
The eternal kind.
Eternity= no beginning and no end ,always was and always will be.
That means there can be no change in eternal.
Eternity is "now" but not from "now on".
Change requires sequence of events,which requires requires time and space in order to play out.
If there is a beginning there must be an end.

The word proceeded out from eternity and created a beginning.
The alpha and omega breached the eternal and created a beginning.
You can't begin anything eternal.
You can't end anything eternal.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Jesus came down or out from eternity and he never left.
The word that was with God and was God never left heaven but the word he spoke did and the word was manifest in the new environment that could produce change.
The word created everything that "is", from the beginning to the end and all in between.

"Now" is an eternal word because it has no beginning,no end,always was and always will be.

King James Bible
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

"Verily verily" actually translates out to "timeless truth".

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
John 5:24 Timeless truth I speak to you: “Whoever hears my word and trusts in him who has sent me has the eternal Life, and he comes not into judgment, but he moves from death into Life.
John 6:47 “Timeless truth I speak to you: 'Whoever trusts in me has eternal life.'”
John 5:25 Timeless truth I speak to you: The hour is coming, it is even now, when the dead shall hear the voice of The Son of God, and they who hear shall live.

It was "now" 2000 years ago and it's "now" still because now has no beginning and no end.
If someone does not have Jesus "Now" then they are separated from God eternally right now.

If you believe Jesus "now" you have eternal life.
He is the God of the living and not the dead.

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Staff Member
Greetings,

is it easier to move sin or to move mountains?

What 'prayer life' and 'so forth' is even minutely possible without forgiveness and that which we have been given we must give for God so loved the world that He gave.

Look again and look further and may you see the mountain moved.

Is it easier to cleanse the soul or the body?

Love.

Bless you ....><>

Active
Is it easier to cleanse the soul or the body?
How about the souls of his feet.

Blessed are the feet of those who speak the good news.

John 15:3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
John 13:10 Jesus answered, "Those who have had a bath need only to wash their feet; their whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you."
John 13:14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.

Nahum 1:15 Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news, who proclaims peace! Celebrate your festivals, Judah, and fulfill your vows. No more will the wicked invade you; they will be completely destroyed.

Genesis 7:20 It rose 23 feet above the mountaintops.

At the risk of reading to much into a verse I would just mention that 23 is a prime number.
Whether it's fifteen cubits(which also has significance) or 23 feet the point is the sea swallowed a mountain.

If all things are new and all things are of God and all things work together for good then even my alleged
enemies can only do good to me although I may not perceive it. that way.
You may not find a need to forgive your drill sergeant for being tough on you once you get through a few battles alive.