• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What Jesus Is Doing

Staff Member
And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought [him] that he would depart out of their coasts. Matthew 8:34 KJV

Jesus performed a miracle, but the response was fear and hostility. A man who had been in a dark place for a long time was rescued. The people had never seen him like this. Instead of marveling at the goodness of God, the people took back any hospitality they would normally offer.

Their thinking centered on money, possessions, and normalcy. What they saw in Jesus was none of those things. It’s possible they were afraid of the change He could bring to their shoreline. In their opinion, it would be best if He just left. They may have been polite or insistent, but they were clear: “It’s time for You to go away.”

You may not always understand what Jesus is doing, but you would do well to spend time considering the incredible things He’s done so far. It’s not in your best interest to walk away or try to send Him away. The truth is He’ll keep seeking you out no matter how often you try to hide.

The time you spend learning who God is will be incredibly well spent.

Prayer: Father, when You do something in my life that doesn’t feel normal, help me to quiet my heart and wait to see the outcome. Keep encouraging me to follow where You lead.