• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

what is your purpose?

I believe God created us all with a purpose. I don't know mine yet. :confused:
Do you know yours? How, when........

God bless
Jesus's always

To find your purpose....I do not know if you are or not....but I would get invloved in church and start to serve.

For me....life is about serving and glorifing God in everything I do.....and to love other people.

Or do you mean a purpose as in a job??

Blessing

May peace be upon you!

Our purpose of life is to worship the One God and Obey Him on His terms. The Bible contains many commandments for us to follow.
Jesus(pbuh) said whoever breaks the least commandment or preachers against them is least in the kingdom of the God.
We should learn the words of God, apply them in our lives and strive hard to spread message to others. And always remember our Lord in times of sorrow and happiness alike.
May God, guide us all to the straight path that leads to Him. Ameen!

Clear

Our purpose is clear. Fallow Christ Jesus, there is no other path. Make your path straight.

Jesus's always said:

God bless
Jesus's always

hopeful said:
May peace be upon you!

Our purpose of life is to worship the One God and Obey Him on His terms. The Bible contains many commandments for us to follow.
Jesus(pbuh) said whoever breaks the least commandment or preachers against them is least in the kingdom of the God.
We should learn the words of God, apply them in our lives and strive hard to spread message to others. And always remember our Lord in times of sorrow and happiness alike.
May God, guide us all to the straight path that leads to Him. Ameen!

hi hopeful :shade: i enjoy reading your posts, really :love: this was really cute. . .you always have this statement behind Jesus :love: and now your already finding a shortcut cause of mentioning His name so many times you cant type it out all the way :shade: thats really cute :love: you serve God with a great deal of respect :love: I like that :love: God bless your heart :love:

as for your question @Jesus's always: I would agree with Bond_Servant . . .have you tried to offer your all in all to Jesus in service yet?? are you in a church family?
how old are you?
God bless you and fill you with His joy and happiness today :love: :shade: :love:

Yes, I am involved in a church. I am a member there and I am baptized.
I am 17.
I KNOW the purpose of me being here is to serve God and Glorify him. I know I have no other purpose. My question is how is a person called to GLORIFY him in his life.
Maybe God created me to be a doctor or the leader of my country, I don't know. I said this because I think of Moses in the bible. He was called to take out the people of Israel from Egypt.
Can this be a purpose? Or do we only glorify Jesus by preaching his word?

Jesus' Always- At 17, it is normal to not have a clear picture yet of what to do with
your life. Much prayer and listening to the Holy Spirit based on scripture, helps. Often,
God gives us strong desires, of things to do. This is often His direction. You can list things, based on these desires, that may interest you in regard to your future occupation.

Hope this helps. My prayers are with you.

Thankyou delicate.
I didn't mean this thread to be about me, actually. I wanted to know if YOU, ALL OF YOU here have found your purpose.
How do you glorify God with your life?
I read on a book that this guy, I don't remember his name, honored God by running (he is a fast running and when ever he did that, he said that God was glorified)

God bless
Jesus's always

Jesus's Always said:

Thankyou delicate.
I didn't mean this thread to be about me, actually. I wanted to know if YOU, ALL OF YOU here have found your purpose.
How do you glorify God with your life?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK (it's all so clear to me now)
Where I see the Lord really moving in my life, is with my children. Although I'm
also a nurse, and see Him move there as well- at home, nurturing my kids is
my specific purpose at this season of my life.

And I DO think we go through seasons. Our purposes change. Hope this helps.

Jesus's always said:

God bless
Jesus's always
I'm not sure some of us less self-reflective creatures can narrow our purpose in this life in terms of serving God so simply down to a nice neat little task or category, even... when I have been asked this question so many times, I'm at a loss for words; if I state how I feel I serve God, it feels "puffed up" to talk about it, in any particular way, in my mind. I think perhaps we're all called to serve many purposes throughout our lives, too, not just one; so perhaps you have already served several purposes and don't even know it. For instance, who knows the effect you have of asking this question? Perhaps you have inspired some of us to strive harder to find a purpose that might serve God more. Each time I've elected to do any work, I've found a way to make it a way to serve God - if not directly - then indirectly. Perhaps this is why I've been mightly blessed; in terms of what I'm doing today to serve God, it's different than yesterday and certainly different from tomorrow. At least, I hope I'm improving!

God bless you, that was a wonderful question. In Christ, CaliFlower

Jesus's always said:

God bless
Jesus's always
If you'll read the posts that follow yours, you see some truly significant info on this topic.

I would only add these thoughts: The purposes these people listed are each very important, but I think of them as elements of our purpose. We do not have a number of purposes. Rather, we have one purpose and that purpose has a number of elements.

The Apostle Paul seemed to recognize this when he said, "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, DO IT ALL IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." (Col 3:17).

Some how I always seemed to try and find one purpose for my life to serve God passing all the little things like telling people about Jesus thinking i would make it upto him some day with my great purpose.
Even though I still think that there is something we are specialized to do or created for, I guess I have always hidden behind the thought.
Califlower, that was a very touching post. Thanx all.

God's blessings to you Jesus's Always.

By merely posting your question you have glorified God. To Him, I'm sure, your obedience in simple everyday matters is just as pleasing to God as Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt. It wasn't the task Moses performed, it was his obedience to God that mattered.

Amen!:love:

pbuh=peace be upon Him? > I love it!! It's especially heartwarming knowing the origins of the ritual (hopefully I'm using the right terminology). God's blessings to you, too, hopeful.

Amen!:love: