• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is your position regarding eschatology?

Which eschatology position do you favor.

• Pretribulation

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Midtribulation

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Posttribulation

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Post millenniumism

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Amillennialism

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wondering what the distribution of eschatology opinion
is for Talk Jesus.

Last edited:
PAn Trib- I will wait and see how it pans out. God is good regardless of when He comes for His bride so just press in, seek Him, serve Him, love H8im and you will be found ready. In the mean time there are many lost to be reached.

Eschatology: The study and teaching on the "Last Things," a biblical teachings which argue that God will inaugurate His Kingdom on earth through a series of "happenings" or "events" to close an age. It is clear to all sincere bible students, the bible clear speaks of a time called the "last days" which would lead up to Armageddon, the destruction of all ungodly men and women, but not the earth, as that will endure forever. (Psalms 37:29; Proverbs 2:20-22)

However, this teaching has had a checkered past throughout the ages. Over time, especially from the 18th century the enlightened Catholic church and Protestant religions adopted the stand that eschatology, doctrine of the "last things" was a crude, primitive, outworn trappings of traditional religion which could no longer be accepted in an age of enlightenment. In most cases, eschatological ideas were abandoned altogether, and a simple postmortem immortality of the soul was held forth as man's end. Other theologians reinterpreted the Kingdom of God expectation as ethical or quasi-mystical concepts. The more established Christian churches excluded eschatology the teaching on the "Last Things" as meaningless or as an insignificant myth. The Church currently appears to define the end of the World as being the individual test each person faces when he dies. [Encyclopedia Britannica.] Today, quite a number of mainstream religions no longer talk about an end time or Armageddon.

Yet, Jesus clearly said Christians were to "KEEP ON THE WATCH!" for their Master, Jesus coming. (Mark 13:35, 36) His order for watchfulness was given as part of his answer to this pointed question put to him by his disciples: "Tell us, they said, when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" (Matthew 24:3, NIV) According to a parallel account, after giving a many-featured sign leading up to the end of these last days, Christ stated: "At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." (Luke 21:27, NIV)

Unfortunately, a number of mainstream religions have abandoned the Christian watchfulness that Jesus ordered his disciples never to neglect. They are no longer on the alert for Christ's presence and the coming of God's Kingdom. As Daniel prophesied, "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure for ever." (Daniel 2:44, NIV) They have rationalized away the expectation of "the the end of the age or the destruction of wicked mankind."

So, what is the surprising but inescapable answer to the question, What has happened to Christian watchfulness or study of eschatology? It has been killed off by the more established Christian churches, that is, the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and mainstream Protestant churches. Though the members of these churches are not to blame, it is a glaring example of the blind leading the blind. Another feature that would be a sign marking the tribulation leading up to the end of this age or the destruction of wicked mankind!!!

So to me eschatology refer to being alert for the signs that would lead up to Christ's coming and Armageddon, leading up to the tribulation, including the tribulation and at the end of the tribulation when Christ appears, just before the start of Christ's millennial rule over the earth.

24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
25 For He must be reigning until He should be placing all His enemies under His feet.
26 The last enemy is being abolished: death.
27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.) 1Cor. 15:24-28 CLNT

Sounds to me like Father and Son have it all worked out. Maybe we should just stop struggling with all the religious paradigms and simply submit ourselves to Christ's authority.

Last edited:
9 making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)
10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ -- both that in the heavens and that on the earth --
11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,
12 that we should be for the laud of His glory, who are pre-expectant in the Christ. Eph.1:9-12 CLNT

Last edited:
Hello Jiggyfly.

Nice post, whether we submit to Christ or not, Jesus has
the authority and we will be subjected to Him.

"then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him".

Just make a selection from the list.

You may believe in any futurist or non futurist construction,
that is your right as a Christian. Nor do you have to defend
your choice if you so wish.

Scripture should support the opinion though.

I am so curious to see what the most popular position is on TJ.

I suspect it may be pretribulation but I am not sure.

Hey David, I may tend to look at eschatology a little differently than most, by focusing more on what happens than when it happens.
In short I would say I most agree with Jurgen Moltmann's theology/eschatology.

Last edited:
I'm leaning more towards post-tribulation personally. Boanerges is correct though, regardless of when it happens, stick close to Jesus and you will be prepared.

Michelle, the "pre-wrath Rapture" could either be pre-trib or mid-trib, depending on when you believe the "Wrath" will be poured out.

I voted Amillennialism, but that's only because I couldn't vote my usual Who-gives-a-trib position.

If Matthew 24, Luke 21, and the first 6 seals of Revelation are compared it does shed a lot of light on the subject.

When studying this quite a few years ago, the verses that made things fall into place where these..

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Those who are redeemed are not appointed unto God's wrath. But that does not mean we do not walk through the consequences of the decisions of men. Which is what I see the first 6 seals of
Revelation being. Those are not the wrath of God, but the effects of sinful men given over to Satan.

Looking at the word wrath, then, where is it first found in the book of Rev? (this is the same word G3709 in both 1Thes and Rev 6:16-17)

Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This is placed after the 6th seal. Personally, I think the rapture happens in the silence of half an hour after the 140,000 Jews are sealed to remain as God's witness.

Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

How about pre-Wrath?
... Sometime during the Great Tribulation, but before God pours out the vials containing His wrath.

Last edited: