• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is Worship?

I know this is an often tricky subject for discussion, but I am interested to see what people think.

The question is...

In your experience or opinion, what is worship?

Discuss.

Maximus Decimus said:
I know this is an often tricky subject for discussion, but I am interested to see what people think.

The question is...

Discuss.
I love this question, Maximus Decimus..

In my opinion worship is offering my whole being to God at anytime, anyplace. When I am by myself in secret, or sitting on my bed, or falling to my knees and lifting my hands up, like Jesus did in Matthew. I let go of everything around me and in my mind, and just focus on God! I express praise, glory, and honor solely to Him! I feel an incredible joy, not a feeling I can turn on or off in me.

In my experience? It is an ultimate feeling, this worship of our God!

Maximus Decimus said:

The question is...

Discuss.
Personally, I think worship like prayer is more of an attitude than an act. An attitude of humility before God recognizing His sovereign superiority and his control over us. And living our lives as if He were in charge.

Public Worship is where christians come together to do the same. Unfortunately, many churches have dressed up their worhip services to the extent that the congregation becomes an observer rather than a participant. It's all put together and practiced in such a way that there is not time or place for the worshipper to sit silently and wait upon the Lord.

Just my thoughts...

what is worship ?

worship to me is the pouring out of one self in reconition of truth and answers of thanks to past prayer thank to the sacrafices that were made on our behalf and thanks for the reconnection of our lost selves to the FATHER made again and thank for all the knowledge he has put in us to know the truth and leadership of the HOLY SPIRIT. Knowing in all things we shall be joined together in for all eternalty and knowing our sins be forgiven if we ask and forgives others ourselves in trusting jesus the christ our savor.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.... I would love to hear more.

To me, andby my own definition.. Worship = Responding appropriately to Who God is.... however that may be for you.
What God has done is attached to Who He is, so they are the same....

Pappa's comments about 'Dressed up' services is quite often true, although it must be said that I am one of those people who is Very picky when it comes to production/music etc. I'm an audio engineer and a musician and I find it very hard to focus when the 'team' doesn't get it right or plays songs badly, or someone messes up.

I know how volotile the concept can be, but in my mind... A spirit of excellence needs to be at the heart of what you do on the stage, because your responsibility is to serve those in the congregation, as well as the fact that whatever you give the Lord, should be your absolute best.

......uh.. a little off topic I guess, but some of it's pertinant.

The most frequent Greek word in the New Testament translated as Worship is proskuneo which literally means: pros - towards, kuneo - kiss. (I'm not making it up...check it up in Vines, if you have it)

The picture here is that we lean towards God (draw near) and show our adoration. We can do this in attitude, words and deeds. It can be intensly spiritual and at other times very practical, like when we do something, or give up something, just because we know it will bring honour to God or help someone.

For me,
worship is conscious adoration of our Father in heaven. It is a thinkfulness for His presence and a response to His awesomeness. I believe that God's people should worship God with our lives. It's an outpouring of gratefulness for who He is.

Worship is why we were made. It is pleasing God in our every action.

worhsip in my opinion is like when you put all of your heart and soul into something you want. and becasue you want the lord, it is like a hockey game, where you get psyched for who you want to win and you know that they will. also, it is when a way of saying thank you.

Worship To Me Is Singing And Praising God And Reading You Bible Gods Holy Word And Doing What He Commanded You To Do.

worship

I personally love 'private' worship, alone with our Lord
to pray, talk or sing to him, I also think we should
try to live the Christian life before our friends and
families to our best ability with God's help as we
couldn't do it without
him.