• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is the full armor of God?

Administrator
Staff Member
image_zps2840d8da.jpg

The armor of God is described in Ephesians 6:10-18. In this passage we are told that our primary battles are of a spiritual nature and that we need spiritual armor to be able to stand firm in the midst of these battles. The armor includes the following pieces:

Belt of truth: The belt of truth is the first item in our arsenal. A belt holds the other pieces of clothing and armor together. It secures the outfit and allows a soldier to move freely. Truth both secures us and gives us freedom (John 8:32). One of Satan's greatest offensive tactics is to deceive us; he is the "father of lies" (John 8:44). With the belt of truth around our waists, we are prepared to defend against this. This truth also applies to the way we live our lives. When we live with honesty and integrity, the other pieces of our armor – what could be considered our spiritual selves – stay intact. A life of integrity is not easily torn asunder.

Breastplate of righteousness: The breastplate of righteousness covers our hearts and other vital organs. In a sense, the breastplate covers the most vulnerable areas of a warrior. Proverbs 4:23 says, "Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life." The righteousness that guards a believer's heart is the righteousness of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Footwear of the readiness of the gospel: Our feet are to be "fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace" (Ephesians 6:15 NIV). Because we know the good news of Christ and by that knowledge experience peace in Him (John 14:27), our feet are willing to move. In obedience to Christ, we will flee temptations (1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 Timothy 6:11; 2 Timothy 2:22) and walk into whatever He has called us to (Psalm 86:11; Isaiah 30:21; John 15:10).

Shield of faith: The shield of faith is used to "extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one" (Ephesians 6:16). When Satan attacks us, our faith in Christ lessens the blow. We are able to withstand the attack because we know whom we have believed (2 Timothy 1:12).

Helmet of salvation: A helmet protects the brain, basically our minds. It is because of salvation that our minds can be sound. We are assured of our eternities, and made righteous recipients of peace, practitioners of faith, and knowers of truth. Our minds are protected because of Jesus' work on the cross; we have been given the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:12-16). A helmet can also serve as a signifier. When the enemy looks at us, he sees that we belong to Christ. We carry with us the seal of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Sword of the Spirit: The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. This includes God's written Word (the Bible), God's incarnate Word (Jesus as Logos), and God's spoken Word (the Holy Spirit within us). The sword is the one offensive weapon in the list. We are told, "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12). Second Timothy 3:16 (NIV) speaks of Scripture as being "God-breathed." When God spoke creation came into existence. He breathed life into man. There is power in the Word of God; this is why it is our best offense.

credit: What is the full armor of God?

Loyal
Quite "trendy" clothiers!! I wonder what colors they come in? I guess they only come in one color......white.... :)

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Loyal
Amen Brother !!
Never leave home with out it. Perhaps never be caught with out knowing how to use you armer would have been better then never leave home with out it. I say this because I see way to many of the body of Christ getting hammered and acting like there is nothing they can do or blaming God for their situations and in fact they are the reason for their circumstances or situations.

Far too many Christians simply choose not to believe that the Choices they make today reflects what their future holds or brings them. They want to say what ever they want to and do what ever they want to and act as if Faith is something you pull out when trouble comes around. Then cry to God why is everything so unfair to me.

God has given us everything we need to live a truly victorious life .
Philippians 4:19 KJV...
But MY God shall supply all your need according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.

People struggle trying to use this scripture to get their needs met. It is truly a struggle and when you are praying in a need mind set, then it is a huge struggle and Faith does not have much room or strength to work.
What are Gods riches in Glory by Christ Jesus ? Are they houses and cars and jobs ? Granted you can get you a new house or job and car through His written word but I do not believe this is what is meant in this scripture.

I truly believe in this scripture He is telling us that He has already given us a promise and a solution to every single situation we might ever find our selves facing. The victory is already ours. We must fight the good fight of faith and take what is ours by using His very word. God watches for His word being used. Healing, deliverance, spiritual warfare and so on. It's all covered in His written word. The armor of God is backed by His honor and Glory and power and word and the Blood of Christ Jesus. However if you have no clue what the armor is or what it does or even how to ensure it is working then it is as useless as a rain coat in a shower.

1 Timothy 6:17 KJV
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high minded, nor trust in uncertainly of Riches, BUT in the living God, WHO GIVETH US RICHLY ALL THINGS TO ENJOY.

God gives us things because He loves us not because we need things. He give them to us because he knows we would enjoy them. Now this gives us a better understanding of why He said do NOT love the things of this world. He did not say we could not have them just don't love them....ENJOY THEM....

God is Love...we love God, We love His word and we love people but we never love cars or apple pies etc...God is LOVE.....

I am not saying that you can not use Philippians 4:19 as you are believing for something....SIMPLY do not base your entire prayers on this one scripture. Dig into His word.......His answers are yea and amen...Go find out what that means or we know He hears us when we pray....go find out to make sure you are heard....It's all in His written word and has been supplied to all of us in His riches and Glory by Christ Jesus.

Any way Brother Chad I believe in the full armor of God and thank you for posting this............I see one thing in His word and it just takes me to more and more and more of His word.....It all works together if you know how to work it all together in the manner it was created to be worked all together.

Blessings
Jim