• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What is the best way to let go?

There are at time relationships in your life that make you happy but at the same time make you feel small. In know this fine line what is the best way to break the bond.

a) Being straight forth

b) bring up concerns and explaining the decision

c) leaving a letter to explain

d) avoid all contact (they'll get the hint)

A.- Being straight forth . Be able to give an account for the hope you bellieve in . If it was a relationship , then tell the truth and wash your hands before God . Mike

:)

well i'd actually have to say a mix between..

" a-b "

but that is me you need to be straight forward when thinking about the decision you shoudl not just sit there and both of you go ok well what ever you want. no your choice kind of thing. you need to take control in the relatinonship so a bit of both. LOL i woudl how ever liek to try it with
" c "

i wonder how i woudl react or how they woudl react. i mean it woudl be interesting to find out but i never want it to happen though...

as for " d " never a good idea i dont think it causes BIG Arguments when you so cee each other. but yes as long as God is helpign you i dont think you can go that far wrong...

Lovengly Simon!!!

Being straight forward. I agree with Jesusluvsme that after you are straightforward, cutting off contact is best. The 'let's stay friends' rarely works and often encourages the one that still wants the relationship to have hope you could change your mind. So don't let them have that hope. Nip it in the bud. (to quote Barney Fife, Andy Griffith Show) lol.

Anyway, that's the advice of a married guy. I think that's how it was done with me before God brought along my wife. lol

Lab

A - being straight forth. As a Christian and having to answer to God , being honest is the only way - no matter the consequences.

Honesty is the best policy. that way things are out and you did it the right way. You explain to the individual why this or why that. I choose "A"

hmmm...

yea, i would go A an B... as honesty is the best policy.. no matter what.. an besides, they'll get over it after a while.. sometimes u need 2 have an arguement 2 get all u need 2 say out of ur system.. u'll b bak 2 friends later on, if u r both forgivin newayz...

thank you all for the advice but i used b and the concerns were adressed and now our friendship is stronger but not at the same level.....so maybe one day again they could be someone special.

A & D

Be honest. Be straight forward. Be real. Before God and the other person.

THEN--

Be done. Leave everything behind. Cut the ties. It's over and hanging around will only make things harder.

peace out

well, i think the best way to let go is to say it to the person, well it may hurt the both of you but, it depends on how will you say it, just take note, if you want to break up with someone, say it immidiately, its better than avoiding the person at all.

Beardy said:
There are at time relationships in your life that make you happy but at the same time make you feel small. In know this fine line what is the best way to break the bond.

a) Being straight forth

Beardy,

I don't know exactly what has gone on in your relationships, but I would like to share something I have learned:

When you talk about "feeling small", it sounds liike you're talking about being humiliated.

Being humiliated is painful, but that is a good thing, not a bad thing. Jesus calls us to a life of humility and most of us have to get punched by humiliation quite often before we finally learn that instead of being humble, we are prideful and that our pride is not a good thing; that it does, in fact, go before destruction (Prv 16:18).

My pride blocked me from the sunlight of self-respect for a very long time.

Its hard to humiliate a truly humble person.

I like b the best. The others sound either unkind or inconciderate. Being gentle and trying to help them understand why is the best way to go!

a) Being straight forth

Some-one once said "Honesty is the best policy" I am sure that is the path to take.

'Being straight forth', as it were, is always the best. Maybe hard, but this path leaves you with a clear conscience. And teaches you how to treat people kindly. Because that is the way to do it