• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What if you've already found him...

So I know we are supposed to wait for God to show us our soulmate and all, but I feel like He already showed me mine, but because of my insecurity and pride I lost him. I met him 2 years ago in high school; it was senior year and he was pretty crazy about me. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend or a relationship but he was relentless. So I finally gave in a gave it a try, and right away we hit it off. I don't do "recreational dating", I'd never been with anyone before him, but I will only consider someone if I can see a future with them forever, why else waste my time? So anyway we were together for a year and a half- all of senior year and into our first year of college- we broke up just 6 weeks ago.

I've been really heartbroken and this whole process has been really difficult for me, but I've come to consider it a blessing because I've renewed my relationship with God and used this time to strengthen my faith and myself as an individual. There were many reasons for the break up, but most of it was my fault- which is also a blessing because its something in my control that I can change.

My boyfriend isn't saved, but he does go to church and has attended many youth groups with his friends. Its interesting because his morals and values line up perfectly with the word of God. I think he's just a little confused on what to believe because his family's not religious. He doesn't drink or smoke or swear. He doesn't believe in premarital sex and doesn't go along with the whole "recreational dating" thing either. He has alot of ambition and has told me many times he really wants to get married to the woman of his dreams and have a family- that's one of his biggest goals, and after being together a year and a half that became our dream.

So anyway I really love him, and I feel so guilty because I was too proud to ever show that and I pushed him away, and now I want him back. When we broke up it was a mutual agreement and he said he could see us getting back together, so I'm thinking this is just a break. Again, it has been a blessing because I've been able to take a step back and realize what it was that I was doing so wrong, and I've found strength in God and learned the meaning of true love. I've been praying and praying for God to heal our relationship, and I'm almost positive He will. Its getting kind of hard though because I miss him so much, and it feels like it's been forever already. I'm hoping God will bring him to me, but at the same time maybe God wants me to go to him. I'm not sure what to do? I've been praying and praying and I haven't got an answer yet, so I'm just waiting.

Anyway I was hoping I could get some outside perspectives and thoughts on the situation. I've read through the Bible and done my research. There's not really anything in the Bible about "dating" but that's where I think you just have to use your wisdom of God's word.

Thanks

So I know we are supposed to wait for God to show us our soulmate and all, but I feel like He already showed me mine, but because of my insecurity and pride I lost him. I met him 2 years ago in high school; it was senior year and he was pretty crazy about me. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend or a relationship but he was relentless. So I finally gave in a gave it a try, and right away we hit it off. I don't do "recreational dating", I'd never been with anyone before him, but I will only consider someone if I can see a future with them forever, why else waste my time? So anyway we were together for a year and a half- all of senior year and into our first year of college- we broke up just 6 weeks ago.

I've been really heartbroken and this whole process has been really difficult for me, but I've come to consider it a blessing because I've renewed my relationship with God and used this time to strengthen my faith and myself as an individual. There were many reasons for the break up, but most of it was my fault- which is also a blessing because its something in my control that I can change.

My boyfriend isn't saved, but he does go to church and has attended many youth groups with his friends. Its interesting because his morals and values line up perfectly with the word of God. I think he's just a little confused on what to believe because his family's not religious. He doesn't drink or smoke or swear. He doesn't believe in premarital sex and doesn't go along with the whole "recreational dating" thing either. He has alot of ambition and has told me many times he really wants to get married to the woman of his dreams and have a family- that's one of his biggest goals, and after being together a year and a half that became our dream.

So anyway I really love him, and I feel so guilty because I was too proud to ever show that and I pushed him away, and now I want him back. When we broke up it was a mutual agreement and he said he could see us getting back together, so I'm thinking this is just a break. Again, it has been a blessing because I've been able to take a step back and realize what it was that I was doing so wrong, and I've found strength in God and learned the meaning of true love. I've been praying and praying for God to heal our relationship, and I'm almost positive He will. Its getting kind of hard though because I miss him so much, and it feels like it's been forever already. I'm hoping God will bring him to me, but at the same time maybe God wants me to go to him. I'm not sure what to do? I've been praying and praying and I haven't got an answer yet, so I'm just waiting.

Anyway I was hoping I could get some outside perspectives and thoughts on the situation. I've read through the Bible and done my research. There's not really anything in the Bible about "dating" but that's where I think you just have to use your wisdom of God's word.

Thanks

i think that if God wanted you to be with this man then he will make sure you get together again.... if not, hopefully you find mr. right............. i think you should just keep praying and let God steer you onto the right path............ just be careful, life isnt exactly known to be on your side all the time

I think perhaps you both have passed a huge and valuable lesson---That being to be willing to let go and not cling even if it's the thing you cherish most in life---Continue to surrender him to the Lord---He knows how much you love him and if it's His will for both your lives, then He'll find a way to bring it together again---He sounds like a real stand up guy---So lets pray

Lord Jesus we commit this young man to you----Lord please send someone who isn't emotionally attached into his life and annoint them with your love and compassion and enable them to lead him to a saving knowledge and a born again experience ---In Jesus name amen.

Happy

Yes. Understand where you are coming from! :embarasse. God has showed me my soul mate early in life as well. Yeah we have had a time where we took some what of a "break". Where I made a wrong decision and got back into my sinful relationship with my ex. But God made it a point for me to find my way back to her. Yes I love her very much and thank God for her.

God has now conditioned you in him so that you can successfully spread the gospel. And your boyfriend is not an exception! Reveal the gospel to him and God will do the rest. God finds it awesome that you want to involve him into your love life as well!

So don't allow pride to get in your way. If you need more conditioning with God that's fine. But when you feel that your ready. Go back and heal your relationship with God at the first and foremost.

When it comes to relationships God won't have you together tell your spiritually and mentally mature enough...I have yet to meet a high school student who is. So if this is the one from God I believe that you will meet again

Thank You! I've been praying and praying. I'm still praying and praying lol...
Consider it pure joy when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must complete its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (Jas 1:2-5 NIV).

This verse primarily applies to believers who are being persecuted for their faith, but, it can also apply to people caught up in other trials. "Consider it pure joy..." does not mean you should be all bubbly and happy about the situation. Rather, it means that you should look at the situation as a good, albeit painful, experience that is moving you closer to spiritual maturity (see Ro 8:28)

SLE

so... update.... i finally contacted him last night so we could meet up tomorrow. We haven't talked in about 5 weeks. But anyway as i stated he's not saved, but he's been to church and some youth groups with his friends. Anyway, I've been praying that God could bring us back together in His love, and use me to be an example of the healing and transforming power of Christ so that I can help him find God. Well when I texted him last night, I found out he's been going to church... one of my really good Christian friends has been taking him. We're meeting tomorrow :) Pray for us!

God is AWESOME!! :)