• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What if you die tonight?

Loyal
But -- that had Nothing to do with John the Baptist loosing his head. He lost his head because he was put in prison because he told the one guy that is was wrong for him to have his brother's wife. And the queens' birthday was coming up and she requested John the Baptist's head on a platter. The Queen's request Had to be granted on her birthday. The king did Not want to do that.

edit: excuse me, but was it not the daughter of the wife of the king, not the wife/queen herself?
The queen put the idea/suggestion into the daughter's head and from there we might suppose she [the daughter] had her heart controlled by her head??? [maybe/maybe not]

Br. Bear ....><>
It does make one wonder, what age was the girl. And could the girl think for herself. And if she could think for herself, did she also want John's head. But that is all speculation

Loyal
I was just looking up that passage in Matthew 14:6 The daughter danced before Herod for his birthday. She was Probably fairly pleasing to him -- old enough to 'think for herself'? Well -- isn't it true that in those days -- women / girls did what they were told. She was being 'used' to help Herodius get back at John the Baptist. Back in those days -- didn't heads 'roll' at the command of the King ?!

The only thing I fear is the physical pain in this body. It would be preferable for me if there were no pain. However, that's not up to me. God will take me in the time and manner that he thinks is best. His ways are always best. I just focus on being in a new body with no arthritis, thyroid issues or bipolar disorder...not to mention, looking on the face of Jesus for the first time! Praise the Lord!

Loyal
And I'm looking forward to no more gastro-intestinal issues. And good friendships. Well -- they can be had here on earth. That's somewhat up to the individual.

Loyal
The video was very good.

Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior -- That will be enough. Then you'll be confident of where you will spend eternity when it comes. No need to be scared of death.

Sounds like satan is getting after you. Wants you to be scared -- tell him to leave you alone. Start thinking of good, pure , lovely , etc. think on those things. Godly things.

Greetings,

1Thessalonians 4:13-18
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
1Thessalonians 5:1-11

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him. 10 For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:8-11

Thou madest Him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst Him with glory and honour, and didst set Him over the works of Thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under His feet. For in that He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not put under Him. But now we see not yet all things put under Him.

But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death,
crowned with glory and honour;
that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became Him, for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare Thy name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto Thee.

And again, I will put My trust in Him.
And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given Me.
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy Him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Hebrews 2:7-15

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Hebrews 2:3-4
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to His own will?

What if you die tonight?

Bless you ....><>
No offence.. But the scriptures dont contain life. Its in the interpretation of it, that has the ability to command one unto life. 'THE DEAD IN CHRIST' , dont mean the literally 'dead'. But rather, it means 'They that though are found in the fold of GOD JESUS CHRIST, are without the life of GOD. They that lack the knowledge of who GOD really is and hence dont understand the significance of the COMMUNION MEAL', these are the dead in CHRIST. Death in the scriptures, unless in story situations, mostly signify the state of being separated and away from the true GOD LIFE. This is what death is, and not the normal literal interpretation of it, in the scriptures. The reason why ADAM was told He would surely die when He eats from the tree, which was not the case, but lived very long afterwards. ADAM lost the LIFE OF GOD, that He had. This is what death in GOD means. To be separated from GOD and to be cut away from any sort of response and answer from GOD, as a cadaver is with no stimuli. Please go for the interpreted word over the writings(scriptures) for 'THE LETTER KILLETH, BUT THE SPIRIT( UNDERSTANDING THROUGH INTERPRETATION) GIVES LIFE'...

Uncertainty of this life has been and is lingering in my mind but the Lord has comforted me with the knowing He has prepared a place for me with Him. I embrace the knowing I belong to Him.

Once more my life is uncertain

Death waiting at the door
No fear exist
There is just You
As it was before
How long How long
When my breath is taken
My heart it beats no more
I will return to Your embrace
Where I was before
How long How long
You knew from the beginning
I would wandered
You drew me back to You
Saved by what You did
Not by what I do
How long How long
I am forgiven
Not to parish but live on
So I live this life for You
Until my race is run
How long How long
This world has no place
That is right for me
I am left a pilgrim
Just my Lord and me
So far from my home
How long how long.

peter
This is so dark I cannot even read it. Not the content, but the color is so dark that it is unreadable.

Loyal
I joined this site hoping someone would be able to answer a few of my questions. One being, based on where you were born, that is the religion you would believe in. So, if christianity is correct, why did we get the golden ticket of being born in the right area so then we get the prize of heaven?
Hello @John Smith,

I think you are referring to those who were born in a culture which is predominantly Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or such as that. Life for such is very often so entwined culturally with the religion they profess that it is indivisible. Yet, I have heard of those whom God has brought to Himself from such cultures, into a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. There is nothing too hard for Him.
Though for some it has meant death, or ostracism from the societies they were born into as a result of their conversion to Christianity.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
No offence.. But the scriptures dont contain life. Its in the interpretation of it, that has the ability to command one unto life. 'THE DEAD IN CHRIST' , dont mean the literally 'dead'. But rather, it means 'They that though are found in the fold of GOD JESUS CHRIST, are without the life of GOD. They that lack the knowledge of who GOD really is and hence dont understand the significance of the COMMUNION MEAL', these are the dead in CHRIST. Death in the scriptures, unless in story situations, mostly signify the state of being separated and away from the true GOD LIFE. This is what death is, and not the normal literal interpretation of it, in the scriptures. The reason why ADAM was told He would surely die when He eats from the tree, which was not the case, but lived very long afterwards. ADAM lost the LIFE OF GOD, that He had. This is what death in GOD means. To be separated from GOD and to be cut away from any sort of response and answer from GOD, as a cadaver is with no stimuli. Please go for the interpreted word over the writings(scriptures) for 'THE LETTER KILLETH, BUT THE SPIRIT( UNDERSTANDING THROUGH INTERPRETATION) GIVES LIFE'...
'Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual,
but that which is natural;
and afterward that which is spiritual.
The first man is of the earth, earthy:
the second man is the Lord from heaven.
As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy:
and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
And as we have borne the image of the earthy,
we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.'
(1 Corinthians 15:46-49)

Hello @JEKEM,

No, Adam need not have died at all, for he had access to the tree of life. It was the entry of sin that brought death (physical death) to him, for access to the tree of life was denied to him as a consequence of his disobedience.

Man is born, like Adam, not spiritual but natural, and it is only at the resurrection from the dead that what is mortal will put on immortality (1 Corinthians 15).

Your use of the words, 'the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life ' (2 Corinthians 3:6) does not refer to the word of God in it's entirety, but to the letter of the law. The word of God interprets itself.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
I will not die anytime soon . God has given me a job to do. ' He shall not break the bending reed, nor put out the flickering flame '. And even at my death it won't be finished .

Active
I'm ready. It's only my physical body and, while death of it may come after years of grueling physical pain, the moment from this physical to the eternal presence with the Lord is seamless and oh so wonderful.

Blessings

Loyal
'For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with him in glory.'
(Colossians 3:3-4)

What if I die tonight?

My life is already 'Hid with Christ in God': He. 'The Resurrection and the Life', is my life; so the death of my body is of no consequence. I await His 'appearing' in glory, for I, with all the members of the Body of Christ will 'appear' with Him there, having been raised out from among the dead.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
I will not die anytime soon . God has given me a job to do. ' He shall not break the bending reed, nor put out the flickering flame '. And even at my death it won't be finished .

All born again believes have a 'job' to do -- God , alone, decides when our time has come to enter eternity.