• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

Administrator
Staff Member
The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often; but when it does, it condemns it as sin. Let's take a look.
  • Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
  • Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
  • 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
  • Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines God's created order where He made Adam and Eve, a man and a woman, to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that mandate. In addition, it undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife which is the God-ordained means of procreation. And, believe it or not, it is also dangerous to society. (See, Is homosexuality dangerous?)

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it and support it. This judgment is that those who practice it are given over to their passions and believe its lie, which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Romans 1:26-27).

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, will not seek forgiveness, and will not repent. They will die in their sins and face God's righteous condemnation.

But their rebellion against God does not stop there. Those thus judged also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

"...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

So, in their "hearty approval" of homosexuality, they encourage others to accept their practice; and thus their sin spreads. In this, they will reject the ways of God and stand in opposition to Christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal Hell. We don't want this for anyone.

Is this politically correct?
No, the Bible's view of homosexuality is not politically correct. Society says that there is nothing wrong with two people "just loving each other." They ask who are we Christians to judge them? But, we ask who are they to say what is morally right and wrong? Do they have an objective standard of morals that all people should follow? No, they don't. They appeal to things like "society" and "common sense" and "basic rights," to promote their opinion of homosexual normality. The problem is that societies have been wrong before (Nazi Germany, anyone?). What is common sense to one person isn't necessarily common sense to another. And, basic rights? Well, we all have basic rights. But, the homosexuals want special rights. They want laws passed to protect their sexual behavior. They also want to redefine marriage and have everyone else to accept it.

Will the redefinition stop with homosexual marriage? Don't bet on it. Pedophiles are now asking for rights, too, and they are using the same arguments initially presented by the homosexual movement decades ago).

Think about it. The pro-homosexuals want laws passed to protect a behavior. It is, after all, homoSEXuality. I want to know what right do the politically correct, pro-homosexual minority have to impose their values on the majority? What right do they have to condemn Christians, call us names (homophobes, bigots, etc), and be so very intolerant when we say their behavior is a sinful? They don't have sound arguments. But they do have emotional ones fueled by liberal dogmatism. They are successfully getting homosexuality promoted in schools, TV, and movies as "normal" and healthy. Healthy? Check out the health statistics of homosexual behavior. As a result, their confidence and successes have pumped up their bravado so much that they even oppress those who oppose homosexuality, a fact blatently ignored by the double-standard-liberal-media. But what are we to expect when dogmatism is king and all opposing views are condemned? The pro-homosexuals want everyone to think like them and approve of their "inborn sexual orientation"; and if you don't, well, then you're labeled a bigot--and worse! What they want is for everyone to think that homosexuality is normal. After all, it exists in the animal world, doesn't it? Yes, it does, and so does eating their young and canibilism. Just because animals do it, doesn't make it morally right.

But, believe it or not. We, Christians, aren't judging homosexuals. We are informing them. God has declared that homosexuality is a sin. It isn't our preferences we're declaring. It is God's. I know. I know. Some will say the Bible isn't true, that it is archaic, sexist, homophobic, etc. I've heard it all before. Kill the messenger and let's all jump into bed together and have our fun. Sorry, I'm not interested in freedom without responsibility and the resulting promiscuity and diseases and oppression that accompany the politically correct, sexually promiscuity of liberal morality. Instead, I'll follow my Lord who calls all to repentance (Acts 17:30), myself included.

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation
Homosexuals will say that they are born the way they are, that it is a genetic orientation, and since they didn't choose it, it cannot be wrong. If that is the case, then why do identical twins, with identical genetics, not have uniformity of sexual orientation? This proves it is not genetic.3 But let's not stop there. What if I am born with a genetic orientation to dislike homosexuality? Is that okay? If it is not, then why the double standard? Would it then be okay for me to want laws passed to protect my "homosexuality aversion orientation"? Or, is only their orientation worthy of protection?

Just being born with an orientation doesn't mean it is okay. If I am born with the orientation to lie, does it mean lying is okay? Of course not. Should I demand national rights granted to me because of my lying orientation and its resulting practice? Again, of course not. (See What is sexual orientation?)

What is the homosexual's hope?
The only hope for the homosexual and all people who break God's laws is to realize that God is holy, and He will rightfully judge all who have sinned against Him by breaking his law (1 Kings 8:32; Ps. 9:8; 1 John 3:4). If He did not do this, then He would be approving of wrong doing. However, God is loving (1 John 4:8), patient (Rom. 2:4), wants people to repent (Acts 17:30) and desires that we come a saving knowledge of Him. What this means is that the sinner must turn to Christ, who is God the Son in flesh (John 1:1, 14; Col. 2:9), who bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24), died and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4), and made it possible for sinners to be saved from the righteous judgment of God, by faith in what Jesus did on our behalf (2 Cor. 5:21), so they can be forgiven of their sins (Eph. 2:8). This is done by receiving Christ (John 1:12), by believing in Him and accepting His sacrifice that is a payment for our sins to God the Father. Like any sinner, the homosexual needs to repent, receive Christ by faith, and be saved from God's righteous judgment by trusting in Christ and the judgment that fell upon Him on the cross. They need to pray and ask the Lord Jesus to save them.

What should be the Christian's response to the Homosexual?
Just because someone is a homosexual, does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (or her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be laid at the cross and forsaken.

Please understand that I don't hate homosexuals. I wouldn't care if my neighbor is gay. I've had homosexual friends and have loved them the same as I would anyone else. I was their friend, yet they knew I did not approve of their behavior. But, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, and the solution to the problem of sin (the breaking of God's Law, 1 John 3:4) is found only in Jesus. He is the Lord, the Savior, the risen King. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), and He died to save sinners from God the Father's righteous judgment. We are all sinners, and we all need salvation (Eph. 2:8-9) that is only found in receiving Christ (John 1:12-13).

We Christians should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same as we would for anyone else. This is not an issue of arrogance or judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be lost due to their sin and that includes gays, lesbians, and transgenders.

The homosexual is still made in the image of God, even though he (or she) is in rebellion against Him. Therefore, we Christians should show homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else with whom we come in contact. Don't injure them. Don't hate them. Don't judge them. Inform them that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus. Let them know that God loves us and died for us so that we might be delivered from the consequences of our sin - which is eternal separation from God (Isaiah 59:2).

But, this does not mean that we are to approve of what they do. We are not to compromise our witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of rationality, godliness, and biblical truth. Instead, stand firm in the Word that God has revealed to us and patiently love him/her biblically and pray for their salvation. Be kind to them. Be loving. And, when appropriate, tell them the Gospel because forgiveness of our sins is found in Christ.

source: What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality? | CARM | Homosexuality

Active

RJ

The homosexual is still made in the image of God, even though he (or she) is in rebellion against Him. Therefore, we Christians should show homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else with whom we come in contact. Don't injure them. Don't hate them. Don't judge them. Inform them that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus. Let them know that God loves us and died for us so that we might be delivered from the consequences of our sin - which is eternal separation from God (Isaiah 59:2).
Yes, we should love them. There is no reason to regard them the enemy, unless they otherwise, beyond their homosexuality, deserve it. Yet, God says we are to love our enemy, but he does not say that we must like or accept what they do; we certainly should give the homosexual the same act of love. A struggling homosexual should be able to find a loving home in a church, as long as they are truly saved, have a repentant heart and genuinely working to pull away from their sin. There is no such thing as a Christian, with Christ in them, and willfully committing homosexuality with no repentance.

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it and support it. This judgment is that those who practice it are given over to their passions and believe its lie, which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

Did homosexuality make the top 10 Commandments of God?

According to the 10 Commandments of the Catholics and Protestants, homosexuality was not even listed among all the statues and judgments in either Exodus 20 or Deuteronomy 5.
However, adultery made it two times on each of the Catholic and Protestant 10 Commandments.

Catholic 10 Commandments.....................................................................................
Protestant 10 Commandments
1.I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other gods besides me..................... 1.You shall have no other gods but me.
2.You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain............................................ 2.You shall not make unto you any graven images
3.Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day................................................................3.You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain
4.Honor your father and your mother........................................................................4.You shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
5.You shall not kill..................................................................................................5.Honor your mother and father
6.You shall not commit adultery............................................................................6.You shall not murder
7.You shall not steal................................................................................................7.You shall not commit adultery
8.You shall not bear false witness.............................................................................8.You shall not steal
9.You shall not covet your neighbor's wife........................................................... .9.You shall not bear false witness
10.You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.............................................................10.You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, will not seek forgiveness, and will not repent. They will die in their sins and face God's righteous condemnation.
Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4;
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness
of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. Romans 6:14
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Thus, with sin being transgression of the law, being under grace, one is no longer under the law of sin and death.
For whosoever sins is under the law since sin is transgression of the law. And if by grace, then is it no more of works
because the law worketh wrath:
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 6:15
For where there is grace there is no more law of sin, and where there is no law of sin there is no transgression,
And with sin being transgression of the law, where there is transgression there is no more grace, And if justification
be of works of the law, then is it no more grace; otherwise grace is no more grace.
Yet, God says we are to love our enemy,
While in 1 John 4:12 the Apostle who walked with Jesus said "No man hath seen God at any time.", but you are corrrect that the man named Jesus did say according to the scripture written in Matthew 5:44, "...
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:44 Yet ee also went on to say in Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore erfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
And in Romans 2:20 it is written ,"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink:" yet was the reason for compassion and mercy for him who is lost?

There is no such thing as a Christian, with Christ in them, and willfully committing homosexuality with no repentance.
If there is no such thing as a Christian, with Christ in them, who sins then are not the dead freed from sin as written in Roman 6 "For he that is dead is freed from sin" ?

Thus in Romans 8, verse 10 it is written, "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;" Is it not written in Romans 11, verse 29, "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance."

In Rev 2, verse 11, He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Yet, in Rev. 21, verse 8, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Active

RJ

If there is no such thing as a Christian, with Christ in them, who sins then are not the dead freed from sin as written in Roman 6 "For he that is dead is freed from sin" ?
If there is no such thing as a Christian, with Christ in them,
Not sure where you are going with all this, but this not what I said. Maybe I don't need to, but let me clarify: As a true Christian , Christ is in you. With Christ in you, you can not be a (non-repentant) sinner. Being non-repentant is a sure sign that you are indeed dead in you sin.
are not the dead freed from sin as written in Roman 6 "For he that is dead is freed from sin" ?
Yes, the dead in Christ.
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
This would be true of any unrepentant sinner, including homosexuals!

Administrator
Staff Member
Did homosexuality make the top 10 Commandments of God?

According to the 10 Commandments of the Catholics and Protestants, homosexuality was not even listed among all the statues and judgments in either Exodus 20 or Deuteronomy 5.
However, adultery made it two times on each of the Catholic and Protestant 10 Commandments.

Next time you quote someone, quote the full context of their message. You left out the Scripture that was included in my OP attached to the single sentence you quoted. Nice try, but that doesn't fly here. This is God's Word, not my opinion nor yours.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Romans 1:26-27).

So as you can see, God "gave them over". What does that mean to you? If God gave them over to their degrading passions, it sounds like no point of return. At this point, repentance is out of the picture. So this is indeed a heavy penalty.

Secondly, you're quoting the 10 commandments? Those were fulfilled by Christ and we're no longer under the law.

What's important is to witness to homosexuals about the eternally dangerous lifestyle they're living in. We're to witness to the entire world about the Good News, whether homosexuals or anyone else without Christ in their life. This topic is to reaffirm the absolute truth about the dangers of a homosexual lifestyle and it's consequences. Why reaffirm? Because it society it has become socially acceptable and a "right" to be a homosexual, transgender, etc and even Christians are being forced to give up their convictions and moral beliefs. We're not supposed to sit around idle and do and say nothing about this. We're supposed to share the Truth as told in the Gospels about this matter. Homosexuals will spend eternity in hell if they do not repent of their ways and receive God's grace through Christ.

There is no such thing as a Christian, with Christ in them, and willfully committing homosexuality with no repentance.

As written in Romans 6 verse 7, For he that is dead is freed from sin. If one is under grace, then they are not under the law, therefore they are not subject to the law, yet for one to be dead from sin would represent that they have fallen from grace subjecting themselves to the law, for transgression of the law is sin.

With Christ in you, you can not be a (non-repentant) sinner. Being non-repentant is a sure sign that you are indeed dead in you sin.

Since there is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body,[1 Cor 15:44] as the natural body without the spiritual body is dead [James 2:26], as written in Romans 8 verse 10, "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;" So if one rejects grace then they are under the law of sin and death.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Hebrews 10:26

Secondly, you're quoting the 10 commandments? Those were fulfilled by Christ and we're no longer under the law.

Since sin is transgression of the law then if we are no longer under the law of sin and death then why do you put them back under the law?

The only hope for the homosexual and all people who break God's laws is to realize that God is holy, and He will rightfully judge all who have sinned against Him by breaking his law

Administrator
Staff Member
Since sin is transgression of the law then if we are no longer under the law of sin and death then why do you put them back under the law?

Where exactly are you pulling this from? This topic is about what the bible says about homosexuality. The Scripture verses are very clear. What's your issue here that you're stirring strife on this topic without a purpose? If you have a problem here, it's not with me but God's Word which is very clear about homosexuality. You clearly are not edifying anyone nor are you in defense of Gods Word. You're just throwing Scripture around. Search your heart and intentions.

Revelation 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Easton's Bible Dictionary

Judgment, The final
the sentence that will be passed on our actions at the last day (Matt. 25; Rom. 14:10, 11; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Thess. 1:7-10).

The judge is Jesus Christ, as mediator. All judgment is committed to him (Acts 17:31; John 5:22, 27; Rev. 1:7). "It pertains to him as mediator to complete and publicly manifest the salvation of his people and the overthrow of his enemies, together with the glorious righteousness of his work in both respects."

The persons to be judged are, (1) the whole race of Adam without a single exception (Matt. 25:31-46; 1 Cor. 15:51, 52; Rev. 20:11-15); and (2) the fallen angels (2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 1:6).

The rule of judgment is the standard of God's law as revealed to men, the heathen by the law as written on their hearts (Luke 12:47,48; Rom. 2:12-16); the Jew who "sinned in the law shall be judged by the law" (Rom. 2:12); the Christian enjoying the light of revelation, by the will of God as made known to him (Matt. 11:20-24; John 3:19). Then the secrets of all hearts will be brought to light (1 Cor. 4:5; Luke 8:17; 12:2,3) to vindicate the justice of the sentence pronounced.

The time of the judgment will be after the resurrection (Heb. 9:27; Acts 17:31).

As the Scriptures represent the final judgment "as certain [Eccl. 11:9], universal [2 Cor. 5:10], righteous [Rom. 2:5], decisive [1 Cor. 15:52], and eternal as to its consequences [Heb. 6:2], let us be concerned for the welfare of our immortal interests, flee to the refuge set before us, improve our precious time, depend on the merits of the Redeemer, and adhere to the dictates of the divine word, that we may be found of him in peace."

Where exactly are you pulling this from? .

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jer 31:33-34

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:10-12

Not to change the subject but do you believe "Marriage" is a religious sacrament or a social custom?

Active

RJ

So if one rejects grace then they are under the law of sin and death.
  • Yes a non-repentant homosexual would be one who rejects grace!
  • The subject line is about a non-repentant sinner, any sinner, which a professing homosexual is one. There is no reason to bring in a complicated discussion about the law . The premise here is basic and simple; we are talking about a harden or unrepentant heart. You seem aloof and distant with your response and confuse the this basic discussion, either agree to agree or agree to disagree!

You seem aloof and distant with your response and confuse the this basic discussion, either agree to agree or agree to disagree!
How about we don't judge anyone anymore, would that be acceptable in the faith?

Active
Chad said:
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation
Homosexuals will say that they are born the way they are, that it is a genetic orientation, and since they didn't choose it, it cannot be wrong. If that is the case, then why do identical twins, with identical genetics, not have uniformity of sexual orientation? This proves it is not genetic.3 But let's not stop there. What if I am born with a genetic orientation to dislike homosexuality? Is that okay? If it is not, then why the double standard? Would it then be okay for me to want laws passed to protect my "homosexuality aversion orientation"? Or, is only their orientation worthy of protection?

Just being born with an orientation doesn't mean it is okay. If I am born with the orientation to lie, does it mean lying is okay? Of course not. Should I demand national rights granted to me because of my lying orientation and its resulting practice? Again, of course not. (See What is sexual orientation?)

But, this does not mean that we are to approve of what they do. We are not to compromise our witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of rationality, godliness, and biblical truth. Instead, stand firm in the Word that God has revealed to us and patiently love him/her biblically and pray for their salvation. Be kind to them. Be loving. And, when appropriate, tell them the Gospel because forgiveness of our sins is found in Christ.

Overall, I agree with your sentiment. Society as a whole periodically changes its attitudes as to what it things is best. There are some men who tend to be more female in attitude, and some women are sons their fathers never had. I take your post to be a warning to Christians in general, and specifically a warning/commandment to those in the Gay community who profess Christianity. I work with some and there are behavioural indicators one looks for. Put them in a lineup, and they look like the rest. Like you and I, they have good days and bad days as well.

The group that gives me the greatest issue is those who profess Christianity. God gave Adam a female mate primarily for procreation in the long run, but that didn't seem to come into play until after their eviction from the Garden. Mankind has been given the ability to pick and choose either through desire or wisdom. Taking into accounts the natural traits people are born with, making the correct choice can go against their natural tendencies. I agree that God promised He would help, but is His power limited by us or by timing? There are many sins which cause us to fall short and some are unaware they do them. Attitude, lifestyle, and how we handle situations can make us or break our effective Christian witness. We can live in rebellion to God's word by not going forth to preach the Gospel. It's that simple.

Cheers,
John

I feel compassion and pity for those who are committing an act that God condemns as an abomination. An act that sadly enough parades itself straight to Hell in our streets and displays obscene behaviors and costumes in an obstinate spectacle that is indifferent to even the most basic rules of modesty and morality.
What a fall our American society that seems to have escalated in the last 10 years at least.
And now we have churches electing to turn apostate, turn away from the word of God in order to comply with PC secularism.
Now our Supreme Court is listening to arguments concerning homosexual unions, they're not fit to be called marriage in the eyes of God, as to whether the states are able to decide for themselves as to whether or not to permit these unions a state license.
It was reported last week that 31 states, in this representative democratic republic, voted against homosexual unions. But liberal judges overturned the will of the people. And now, the homosexual propaganda machine tells us that the majority of Americans support homosexual unions being legal. Hogwash of course given those aforementioned votes by the majority in the majority of states that had the vote.

And while homosexuals are gaining ground arguing sex is a civil right, Christians, their own protected class, are being discriminated against, oppressed, prosecuted, for their beliefs in these matters and given an ultimatum. Choose to turn away from God or lose your right to be in business. While homosexuals, who have a bakery for instance, can turn down a traditional wedding cake request made by a Christian man and suffer none of the same consequences.

We're the new up and coming Sodom.
As for ministering to the homosexual,what chance is that when apostate churches are embracing the abomination and the sinner that commits that sin that scriptures promise left unrepentant of shall insure the sinner never enter Heaven.

Redemption isn't PC!
Wait till they see Hell.

Active
And while homosexuals are gaining ground arguing sex is a civil right, Christians, their own protected class, are being discriminated against, oppressed, prosecuted, for their beliefs in these matters and given an ultimatum. Choose to turn away from God or lose your right to be in business. While homosexuals, who have a bakery for instance, can turn down a traditional wedding cake request made by a Christian man and suffer none of the same consequences.

The proprietors of the bakery said they would not put two men as a couple on the wedding cake. When the couple to be found out the owners of the bakery were Christian, they filed a formal complaint knowing that the Law would cave in to their demands. People with common sense would simply tell them to find another bakery more to their liking. Folks, let's not employ a "holier than thou" attitude. The simple fact is that all of us are sinners. The lucky are forgiven sinners. Do not forget that, and do not forget your new mission in life is be a good role model. Cheers, John

Since you lack the common decency to respond to any inquiry I might ask of you while continuing to make inquiry yourself then I must consider your answer to my question, “How about we don't judge anyone anymore, would that be acceptable in the faith?” is no since you obviously believe that was it foolish question lest you would have answered. Isaiah 59:2

If the Gospel is hid, it is hid to them that are lost. Rom 14:13. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
And here I see you place three before me, have you not heard that he that diggeth a pit shall fall into it;

Are you a Christian?
He who is of God hears God’s word, if you hear them not then maybe you should read John 10:27

Do you have Christ in you?
No. I am in Christ and the Spirit of Truth is in me.

Do you have a repentant heart about your sin?
Whosoever is born of the Spirit and the Word is led by the Holy Ghost and sins not. Rom 11:27 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. But it is written, “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. “

Active

RJ

Since you lack the common decency to respond to any inquiry I might ask of you while continuing to make inquiry yourself then I must consider your answer to my question, “How about we don't judge anyone anymore, would that be acceptable in the faith?” is no since you obviously believe that was it foolish question lest you would have answered. Isaiah 59:2

If the Gospel is hid, it is hid to them that are lost. Rom 14:13. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
And here I see you place three before me, have you not heard that he that diggeth a pit shall fall into it;

He who is of God hears God’s word, if you hear them not then maybe you should read John 10:27

No. I am in Christ and the Spirit of Truth is in me.

Whosoever is born of the Spirit and the Word is led by the Holy Ghost and sins not. Rom 11:27 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. But it is written, “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. “
Thanks, you answered my questions completely!

@WaterRock
Simple question. Is "homosexuality" a sin? Yes/No
My answer is: Yes
C4E
And you certainty are entitled to your opinion. However, my question goes unanswered regarding marriage being a religious sacrament or a social custom.
When only one side asks the question and refuses to answer the question of the other, there is really no reason to proceed for the just since it is, well you already know.