• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What does it mean to be saved?

Loyal
Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

That's a great and all-important question. Elohim/God has given the Roman Catholic Church Dominion and Power over all that dwell on the Earth. The Power of the deception is so great that, apparently, hundreds of millions of RCC members don't even know they are members and call themselves Protestant.

The Alternative and the True Church of Elohim/God:

The True Church of Elohim/God is the one that the Gates of Hell has not prevailed against. Do you know of such a Church?

No, He/ God has Not given the RCC all of that power. They have gotten a great deal of power. God Allows lots of things.

The context Of Matthew 16:18 goes up to vs 13 -- Jesus Christ is asking His disciples "Who do men say that I , the Son of Man, am? " vs 14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

vs 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am?

vs 16 "Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

vs 17 "Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

vs 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."

So -- the Rock being referred to is the fact that Peter acknowledge that He, Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and That / He is the Rock -- Foundation cornerstone -- Jesus Christ.

Peter Will be proclaiming That in the future to the group of Jews in Acts 2.

The RCC has Peter being the 1st pope. Nothing in Scripture about that.

The RCC do Not consider themselves to be Protestants. Why Would they. The Protestant Reformation was to Try to reform the RCC from within.

What would the RCC be protesting? They'd been very happy with people going along with their non-Biblical beliefs.

Loyal
Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

@Sue D.

Everything that happens is the Will of Elohim/God.

God Allows a lot of things to take place -- Abortion is Not the will of God. God Allows pediphelia -- does Not condone it. He's given us freedom of choice. We choose lots of things that are Not God's Will and we pay the price.

Loyal
Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

That's a great and all-important question. Elohim/God has given the Roman Catholic Church Dominion and Power over all that dwell on the Earth. The Power of the deception is so great that, apparently, hundreds of millions of RCC members don't even know they are members and call themselves Protestant.

The Alternative and the True Church of Elohim/God:

The True Church of Elohim/God is the one that the Gates of Hell has not prevailed against. Do you know of such a Church?

The True Church / the Bride of Christ // All born again believers. The Holy Spirit comes immediately to indwell each born again believer upon their salvation -- That body is the universal church / body of believers.

There Is no 'alternative' -- either a person is a born again believer or they aren't.

Loyal
Psalm 62: 1 Truly my soul silently waits for God: From Him comes my salvation.

vs 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

vs 5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation ; He is my defense "

John 10:30 "I and My Father are One."

No, He/ God has Not given the RCC all of that power. They have gotten a great deal of power. God Allows lots of things.

The context Of Matthew 16:18 goes up to vs 13 -- Jesus Christ is asking His disciples "Who do men say that I , the Son of Man, am? " vs 14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

vs 15 He said to them, But who do you say that I am?

vs 16 "Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

vs 17 "Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

vs 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."

So -- the Rock being referred to is the fact that Peter acknowledge that He, Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and That / He is the Rock -- Foundation cornerstone -- Jesus Christ.

Peter Will be proclaiming That in the future to the group of Jews in Acts 2.

The RCC has Peter being the 1st pope. Nothing in Scripture about that.

The RCC do Not consider themselves to be Protestants. Why Would they. The Protestant Reformation was to Try to reform the RCC from within.

What would the RCC be protesting? They'd been very happy with people going along with their non-Biblical beliefs.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Your teachings are non-Biblical RCC teachings. All Power comes from Elohim/God. All the Power that RCC has was given by Elohim/God. Do think that any Power and Authority exist outside of Elohim/God?

Are you able to understand that it could be those who think they are Protestant have actually been deceived by the RCC? Do you know what identifies a Roman Catholic?

God Allows a lot of things to take place -- Abortion is Not the will of God. God Allows pediphelia -- does Not condone it. He's given us freedom of choice. We choose lots of things that are Not God's Will and we pay the price.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

I'm in a Satanic Stronghold and happy to say being Persecuted. We are under 24/7 surveillance and harassment from filthy sexually perverted Freemason Sodomites, Pedophilles, Rapist and those practising Bestiality. Evidently this is State organised RCC Crusade and Inquisition. They are trying to force us to do Evil. This has been ongoing for many years.

The situation described above has been ordained by Elohim/God.

The True Church / the Bride of Christ // All born again believers. The Holy Spirit comes immediately to indwell each born again believer upon their salvation -- That body is the universal church / body of believers.

There Is no 'alternative' -- either a person is a born again believer or they aren't.

I'm saying that you are not Born Again. You don't know what it means to be Born Again.

Loyal
Being born - again -- John 3 -- Jesus Christ is talking with Nicodemus. Nicodemus thought that Jesus meant that he had to be physically born again from his mother. And didn't know how That was Possible. Which is isn't.

A person is 1st born physically and Then needs to be born Again spiritually. WithOut being born-Again -- a person Will end up in hell when their physical body dies. And in the final time of judgement will be in the lake of fire and brimstone for ever and ever. As per Revelation 20.

The born Again person, when this physical body dies - will be with Jesus Christ immediately.

Being born again means 'to be saved' 1 Corinthians 15 :1 - 3 "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you , which also you received and in in which you stand..... by which you are saved. ....... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the 3rd day, according to the Scriptures." that passages continues to share the many people who saw Him after He was resurrected.

And Then we have Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

That which identifies as a RCC. For one thing -- that a person prays through Mary, the mother of Jesus. God's Word says there is one mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus. The Mass is not Scriptural -- saying the Rosary and the teachings of purgatory are non-Biblical. God's Word teaches pastors/ elders and the term Bishop is used , but only the RCC holds to priests. They believe that when communion is given, the bread actually Becomes part of the body of Christ and the juice Becomes part of the blood of Christ. It's called 'transsubstantiation' which has no Biblical basis.

The RCC Also teaches that Mary's womb is sacred -- that no other children were born to her. Bible says that Mary and Joseph waited until after Jesus was born to 'come together' and had 5 other children. James being one of them.

Saying the "Hail Mary's'" sounds nice but is also part of RCC traditions.

There Is the passage in Luke 1: vs 47 - 55 -- Mary is talking -- vs 47 My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed."

Mary, herself, is honoring Jesus Christ.

The RCC is putting her upon a pedistal.

The RCC developed the world of nuns / monks -- neither of which are Biblical. Nuns used to wear their head covering and their robe. They don't anymore. Don't know if there are still monistaries -- a nun was considered to be married to God.

The RCC has infant sprinkling -- which isn't Biblical.

And it's Also true that as more and more people in the RCC Do read their Bible , they see the errors of that belief system and leave. It's also true that some choose to Stay because of family influence.

A few RCC priests have accepted Christ as their personal Savior and stayed in the church to guide their people To the truths Of Scripture.

And inside the RCC church there are statues of Mary , etc. which is Also not Scriptural.

There are several of my husband's family who married into the RCC religion.

The Pope /Vatican -- nothing Scriptural about that. There are no popes in the Bible. And we are to call no one Father except God. They refer to their priest as Father 'whomever'.

The True Church is that which is founded on Jesus Christ. -- John 14:6 -- Jesus Christ is telling us that "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father, but by Me." Jesus Christ. Not through Mary or any priest.

We pray directly to God through Jesus Christ. No going to confession once a week or 'whenever' to confess to another human being. Having said That -- we Can and Should pray with / for one another. But it's not going Through another person to get To God.

Loyal
What Church is this? What do you think it means that the Gates of Hell has not prevailed against the Church?
The church of God - the body of Christ - not RCC, nor orthodox, nor protestant, nor evangelical, nor populist.
Entry is only through water and the Holy Spirit.

Being born - again -- John 3 -- Jesus Christ is talking with Nicodemus. Nicodemus thought that Jesus meant that he had to be physically born again from his mother. And didn't know how That was Possible. Which is isn't.

A person is 1st born physically and Then needs to be born Again spiritually. WithOut being born-Again -- a person Will end up in hell when their physical body dies. And in the final time of judgement will be in the lake of fire and brimstone for ever and ever. As per Revelation 20.

The born Again person, when this physical body dies - will be with Jesus Christ immediately.

Being born again means 'to be saved' 1 Corinthians 15 :1 - 3 "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you , which also you received and in in which you stand..... by which you are saved. ....... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the 3rd day, according to the Scriptures." that passages continues to share the many people who saw Him after He was resurrected.

And Then we have Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

That which identifies as a RCC. For one thing -- that a person prays through Mary, the mother of Jesus. God's Word says there is one mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus. The Mass is not Scriptural -- saying the Rosary and the teachings of purgatory are non-Biblical. God's Word teaches pastors/ elders and the term Bishop is used , but only the RCC holds to priests. They believe that when communion is given, the bread actually Becomes part of the body of Christ and the juice Becomes part of the blood of Christ. It's called 'transsubstantiation' which has no Biblical basis.

The RCC Also teaches that Mary's womb is sacred -- that no other children were born to her. Bible says that Mary and Joseph waited until after Jesus was born to 'come together' and had 5 other children. James being one of them.

Saying the "Hail Mary's'" sounds nice but is also part of RCC traditions.

There Is the passage in Luke 1: vs 47 - 55 -- Mary is talking -- vs 47 My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed."

Mary, herself, is honoring Jesus Christ.

The RCC is putting her upon a pedistal.

The RCC developed the world of nuns / monks -- neither of which are Biblical. Nuns used to wear their head covering and their robe. They don't anymore. Don't know if there are still monistaries -- a nun was considered to be married to God.

The RCC has infant sprinkling -- which isn't Biblical.

And it's Also true that as more and more people in the RCC Do read their Bible , they see the errors of that belief system and leave. It's also true that some choose to Stay because of family influence.

A few RCC priests have accepted Christ as their personal Savior and stayed in the church to guide their people To the truths Of Scripture.

And inside the RCC church there are statues of Mary , etc. which is Also not Scriptural.

There are several of my husband's family who married into the RCC religion.

The Pope /Vatican -- nothing Scriptural about that. There are no popes in the Bible. And we are to call no one Father except God. They refer to their priest as Father 'whomever'.

The True Church is that which is founded on Jesus Christ. -- John 14:6 -- Jesus Christ is telling us that "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father, but by Me." Jesus Christ. Not through Mary or any priest.

We pray directly to God through Jesus Christ. No going to confession once a week or 'whenever' to confess to another human being. Having said That -- we Can and Should pray with / for one another. But it's not going Through another person to get To God.

Ecclesiastes 5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

@Sue D., In other words, are you saying that you know everything and there is nothing more to learn?

The church of God - the body of Christ - not RCC, nor orthodox, nor protestant, nor evangelical, nor populist.
Entry is only through water and the Holy Spirit.

@Waggles, You didn't answer the question. Has the Body of Messiah/Christ prevailed against the Gates of Hell? What do you think it means that the Gates of Hell has not prevailed against the Church? Are you a member of the Body of Messiah/Christ? What is your Denominational or Non-Denominational Church?

Loyal
@ Eli -- I've never said that. Everyone should Always be in an attitude of learning -- especially God's Word.

And you did ask 'what identifies as a RCC church." I was responding to That.

@ Eli -- I've never said that. Everyone should Always be in an attitude of learning -- especially God's Word.

And you did ask 'what identifies as a RCC church." I was responding to That.

When I ask about what identifies a Roman Catholic, I mean it's Essence. What do all Denominational and Non-Denominational Churches in Christendom have in Common?

Loyal
The body of Christ -- is free from the bondage of ending up in hell.

The fact that Jesus Christ died for our sins, shed His blood for us -- taking our sins upon Him and going to hell In our place and rose again bodily from the dead on the 3rd day -- sets a person free from the bondage Of sin.

Jesus Christ is the key to salvation.

The body of Christ -- is free from the bondage of ending up in hell.

The fact that Jesus Christ died for our sins, shed His blood for us -- taking our sins upon Him and going to hell In our place and rose again bodily from the dead on the 3rd day -- sets a person free from the bondage Of sin.

Jesus Christ is the key to salvation.

Do you think a Sinning Congregation or Person is in a Church that the Gates of Hell has not prevailed against? A person that Sins is in Bondage to Sin.

Loyal
When I ask about what identifies a Roman Catholic, I mean it's Essence. What do all Denominational and Non-Denomination Churches in Christendom have in Common?

Then what do you mean it is 'essense'.

What do all churches in Christiandom have in Common?. Nothing unless they teach Christ crucified and risen again. That Jesus Christ is the Only way of salvation.

Years ago there was a 'movement' going around -- maybe the ecumenical movement. that all the community churches would get together and celebrate our commonality.-- the love of God. Maybe it was that everyone believed in God. It was something that left out doctrine. Because doctrine was divisive.

Then what do you mean it is 'essense'.

What do all churches in Christiandom have in Common?. Nothing unless they teach Christ crucified and risen again. That Jesus Christ is the Only way of salvation.

Years ago there was a 'movement' going around -- maybe the ecumenical movement. that all the community churches would get together and celebrate our commonality.-- the love of God. Maybe it was that everyone believed in God. It was something that left out doctrine. Because doctrine was divisive.

Using the Word Essence to mean Fundamentals. Again, it could be that you are lacking to able to see the Commonality. This should be easier to see what all Churches in Christendom have in Common. This is the same thing that happened with the question about Commonality between Pop Christianity, Judaism and Islam.