• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What does it mean to be born again?

To be born again is to be born spiritually in the Spirit (of Christ) (John 3:6). In other words, to be born again, is to receive the Spirit of Christ in our heart (2 Cor. 5: 17) through baptism. We accept this life by living the life of Christ. Christ’s life is the life of unconditional love, purity, forgiveness and mercy. Although we were unfaithful to Him and betrayed, abused and killed Him, He did not sue us, abandon us or back out from the covenant of love He made with us. On the contrary, He humbled Himself to take a human form and sacrificed His life in order to compensate for the sins we committed against Him. Therefore, those who accept His life accept holiness, purity and unconditional love into their lives. Furthermore, they forgive their transgressors unconditionally; and do not back out from their covenant of love in the face of unfaithfulness, betrayal, abuse or hurt.

arunangelo said:
To be born again is to be born spiritually in the Spirit (of Christ) (John 3:6). In other words, to be born again, is to receive the Spirit of Christ in our heart (2 Cor. 5: 17) through baptism. We accept this life by living the life of Christ. Christ’s life is the life of unconditional love, purity, forgiveness and mercy. Although we were unfaithful to Him and betrayed, abused and killed Him, He did not sue us, abandon us or back out from the covenant of love He made with us. On the contrary, He humbled Himself to take a human form and sacrificed His life in order to compensate for the sins we committed against Him. Therefore, those who accept His life accept holiness, purity and unconditional love into their lives. Furthermore, they forgive their transgressors unconditionally; and do not back out from their covenant of love in the face of unfaithfulness, betrayal, abuse or hurt.
Being "born again" is also referred to as the "new birth". We are born in the physical sense when we exit our mother's womb and begin life in the world. Our "new birth" comes later, when we make the decision to receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and our spiritual journey toward eternity with Him begins.

SLE

Being BORN AGAIN ?Is a 2nd BIRTH.This birth is of our spirits.The 1st birth is of adam the 2nd is of the 2nd adam .JESUS CHRIST .It is a real birth ,just as profound as the 1st birth.
We become NEW CREATURES like never before our example JESUS CHRIST!.
1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
THIS IS WHO WE ARE LIKE ,ONCE WE HAVE BEEN BORN OF GOD!
Jam 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
BECAUSE OUR NEW SPIRITS ARE PERFECT AND KEPT BY JESUS CHRIST FOREVER PERFECT!
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
ph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Without this birth?We can never call GOD ,FATHER.THIS IS A MUST TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD!
WE KNOW IT WHEN IT TAKES PLACE!
And,it for anyone ,willing to accept HIM as LORD AND MASTER!:love:

Jesus answered and said to him, "most assuredly, i say unto you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." r[1 pet. 1:23]
most assuredly i say to you, unless one is born of the water and the spirit,he cannot enter the kingdom of God."That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. do not marvel that i said to you, 'You must be born again.'

To me it means accepting JESUS as LORD and SAVIOR and HE IS! Then following Him. It simply means to walk in the spirit to try to make it very simple. Picture you"re self standing in a line of 3 people the person in front of you is the (HOLY SPIRIT)the person in back of you is you"re (flesh you"re worldley self) and you are standing in the middle if you always follow the HOLY SPIRIT then you"re walking in the spirit and you"re old self is behind you BUT if you turn arround and follow you"re worldey pleasures you will now notice that the Spirit is now following you and you are no longer walking in the Spirit.We are to be born again born of water and the Spirit .hope this helps see ya here their or in the air

Last edited:
BEING BORN AGAIN or BORN OF GOD,is a REAL BIRTH!Just as profound as the 1st.We know when it takes place!We never forget that moment!

Walking in our SPIRIT is allowing,this new creature ,formed by the HOLY GHOST ,to take control.He is made in the image of JESUS CHRIST!He is not of this world ,but of GOD!
He can never sin,nor does he desire anything in this world!Except to follow and obey the HOLY SPIRIT!
HE is the real us!The out ward being is tempory and dies ,because of SIN.This inner man,is perfect,He is holy And willing to do everything the LORD WANTS.When 1st created?He is a baby with the 1st fruits of the HOLY SPIRIT!
He must gropw,As we study GODS LIVING WORD and allow the HOLY SPIRIT to teach us!This part of us grows in the LORD!
I have found?Fasting about 3 full days,water only.Quickly allow him to gain control over the flesh ,then we are walking in our spirit ,being led by the SPIRIT OF GOD!
It is not easy to fast!satan will try everything to stop you.We pray to the LORd as we fast for the things needed .as food or resisiting the demons .The 1st day is nothing,we can work.the 2nd day is very hard,many fail here!our thoughts get confused .other call or want us to eat or go some place.satan trys anything.
the 3rd day is GREAT.Our mind is very clear.We feel mighty.But ,tire easy .This is the time,our LORD comes to us!I would say?write down the things you want to know!You should hear HIm ,very clearly!
if you do not hear HIm?maybe you are not saved???
Maybe you should ash HIm to enter your heart and make you a NEW CREATURE!

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
it is finished ,HE said !And it is,once we experiance the 2ND BIRTH!:love:

Born Again!

Bear 571 I agree brother! :thumbs_up

The phrase "born again" literally means
"born from above."

Nicodemus had a real need. He needed
a change of his heart--a spiritual kind of
transformation. John 3:1-21.

New birth, being born again, is an act of
God whereby eternal life is imparted to
the person that believes, repents and ...
receives Christ into their heart by their
'confession' of faith. Rom. 10:10
(2 Corinthians 5:17; Titus 3:5;1 Peter 1:3;
1 John 2:29; 3:9; 4:7; 5:1-4, 18). John 1:12,13

The words Jesus spoke, "born again"also
carries the idea "to become children of
God" through trust in the name of Jesus Christ.

Gal. 3:26: For ye are all the children of God
by faith in Christ Jesus.

You become a 'child' of God of by the 'right
of 'New Birth'! Adopted into The 'Father's very
own spiritual [and in the future literal John 14:2]
household!

Rom. 8:15: For ye have not received the spirit of
bondage again to fear; but ye have received the
Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Abba, Father a Jewish believer told me means
literally- 'we cry 'Daddy'!!! Praise the Lord!!

Eph. 1:6: To the praise of the glory of his grace,
wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

To the Romans in Romans 3:23, the Apostle
Paul wrote,

"For all have sinned and come shortof the glory
of God."

So, simply put, a person needs to be born again in
order to have their sins forgiven and have an 'eternal'
relationship in right standing with God. :love:

I agree with you!If you are saying,we are NEW CREATURES,A new spirit is given us!
There were never creatures like us ,upon the earth before JESUS CHRIST ,even those of the old testament,Who the LORD bought out of the earth!HAD TOO BE REBORN OF THE SPIRIT!JUST LIKE US!:love:
THIS IS THE NEW CREATURE!
WE SEE?the 1st adam was made,then others like him were made
the 2nd adam was born ,then allothers were created like him
WE ARE AFTER THE 2nd ADAM,OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!
KNEW,SPIRITUAL BEING!:love:

Old Testament Salvation

And I agree with you Spirit1st.!

Abraham believed God according to the
promises and new revelation God gave
him in Genesis 12 and 15. Prior to Moses,
no Scripture was written, but mankind
was responsible for what God had revealed.

This is called 'Progressive Revelation' from
God to man.

Throughout the Old Testament, believers
came to salvation because they believed
that God would someday take care of their
sin problem. Today, we look back, believing
that He has already taken care of our sins
on Calvary (John 3:16; Hebrews 9:28).

Genesis 15:6 tells us that Abraham believed
God and that was enough for God to account
it to him for righteousness (see also Romans 4:3-8).
The Old Testament sacrificial system did not
take away sin, as Hebrews 9:1-10:4 clearly
teaches. It did, however, point to the day
when the Son of God would shed His blood
for the sinful human race. Praise God!!

That was wonderful, Arunangelo. When we give ourselves to Jesus we become new creatures. But it is not until we are baptized in the Holy Spirit that we stop working in the flesh and walk in truth, power and peace.

YOU SEE?Once we are BORN OF GOD,We indeed become new creatures in WARDS,We are MADE a 2nd time,with the nature of GOD!After the pattern of JESUS CHRIST!,Who is the 2nd ADAM!
This new being,dwelling in this sin full body.Will not sin ever.HE is PERFECT and HOLY.Walking in the spirit,is Our spirit.MADE A new!If we give HIm the rule?He will not allow the flesh to sin!
The new creature,is BORN OF GOD!And gives a place for the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD ,to dwell with in.Other wise?If the NEW CREATURE was not perfect and HOLY and sin less!The Spirit of GOD ,could not dwell in man.Just as HE could not dwell in those of the old testament!
Feeding this new creature,who is not of this sin full world,is a need full thing.HE feeds on the living WORD!That is why we must read the bible! and study it.ASKING the Spirit of Truth,to reveal the Truth ,we need,that we would begining thinking like Our LORD and Master,JESUS CHRIST.We have the mind of CHRIST in the inward man,But the out ward mind,Must think like our LORD,in order,that we could accept the things of the HOLY SPIRIT!As we see clearly?The things of the HOLY GHOST are SPIRITUAL 1st!Then we see the results!They are all,accepted by FAITH 1st!Then,we see the results!
Nothing is recieved by sight!GOD does not operate as the world.As we see.Better to give than recieve,in giving,Then ?HE GIVES.Not at all like the world.We reap ,what we sow.We sow in LOVE,then reap!!st too the spirit,then the mind.lastly the flesh!Because,we reap,enternal 1ST,.THANK GOD!And believe me?WE will one day ,want all the enternal.These things here will mean ?NOTHING!
NOW?If you want to know,your spiritual condition or walk in the true you?FAST,I have found,Will allow the Spirit ,with in you,Which is REALLY YOU!to take control.I have found.About 3 full days ,water only.Reading the living WORD,asking for help ,when needed.Will reveal a GREAT DEAL TOO YOU!NOT very long,To serve GOD,in a more perfect way!And too ,hear HIm,much clearer!If I can?I Will bless you and tell you anything,I might know!In HIS love and GRACE,gary!:love: