• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What does it feel like in the US now?

Loyal
I've been following the news in America from London with a mix of dismay and horror at the increasing racist rhetoric and continuing mass shootings. My question is, does it feel like there's been a sea change over the past month or so, or more business as usual?

BTW. If you want to see a nation that looks like a slow-motion car crash, check out the news from in the UK.

Active
I've been following the news in America from London with a mix of dismay and horror at the increasing racist rhetoric and continuing mass shootings. My question is, does it feel like there's been a sea change over the past month or so, or more business as usual?

BTW. If you want to see a nation that looks like a slow-motion car crash, check out the news from in the UK.

It is just business as usual, but business as usual is very chaotic, and violent. The divide in the country continues to grow wider and more impassable every day. The hatred of the left, which is usually not reported, manifests itself more and more as the election time draws near.

The efforts to take away our guns is always there, but with events like what just occurred they really get fanatical. The people who want to take away our guns due to mass shootings are the same who want to open the borders to all. Talk about mass killings and rapes.

The change is the intensity with which each side will have to respond. There will be no change in the divide. There will be no holding hands and singing the national anthem, though many will ask for it and try to make it happen. The divide is too great. There is nothing to unify on. Unity based only on unity, is idiocy. It has to be based on something. And that something in the U.S. departed long ago.

Bye, bye, Miss American Pie

Quantrill

Loyal
That's a pretty bleak assessment. But in line with the way I'm receiving news.

I appreciate that there's a role for prophetic witness, and that means challenging injustice and evil in a way that conflicts with powerful vested interests.

What's particularly troubling to me is that the church in America appears to be sharply divided along the same political lines, and in some cases stoking the division. Sure, unity for unity's sake is of little use. But where are the blessed peacemakers -- on both sides -- working for unity centred on a common commitment to follow Christ Jesus?

Active
That's a pretty bleak assessment. But in line with the way I'm receiving news.

I appreciate that there's a role for prophetic witness, and that means challenging injustice and evil in a way that conflicts with powerful vested interests.

What's particularly troubling to me is that the church in America appears to be sharply divided along the same political lines, and in some cases stoking the division. Sure, unity for unity's sake is of little use. But where are the blessed peacemakers -- on both sides -- working for unity centered on a common commitment to follow Christ Jesus?

It is bleak.

If there are peacemakers to find a unity based on Jesus Christ, they are all going to be on one side of the divide. That is the Conservative Christian Right, the Republicans. There is no way to find any unification with the Democratic party. The Democratic party is the home of all atheistic leftest liberals. And they have no unity among themselves, but you can forget about them considering Jesus Christ as a means to unify.

The divide is impassable. We in the U.S. are in the same condition the U.S. was in just prior to our War Between the States. The political divisions were so great that there was no way it would not rupture into war. The left cannot live under the rule of the right. The right cannot live under the rule of the left. We have nothing to unite us, save the facade of unity alone.

The U.S. is a tinder box that has reached combustive temperatures. The right spark, at the right time, and it will be engulfed in flames.

Quantrill

Loyal
There are faithful Christians leaders on both sides of the partisan divide. What possible reason can there be for putting political allegiances above unity in Christ for the sake of the gospel and for the sake of the nation?

Active
There are faithful Christians leaders on both sides of the partisan divide. What possible reason can there be for putting political allegiances above unity in Christ for the sake of the gospel and for the sake of the nation?

Well, if we were living in the Millennial Kingdom, there would be no reason at all. But we arn't. Are you really that out of touch with reality?

Quantrill

Loyal
I strive to wrap my understanding of reality around the truth that Jesus is Lord. I'm struggling to understand what's behind your question here.

Active
I strive to wrap my understanding of reality around the truth that Jesus is Lord. I'm struggling to understand what's behind your question here.

The democratic party in America stands for abortion, LGBT rights, the removal of anything Christian in public places, including Bibles, prayers etc. etc. Yet you say we should seek unity with each other? What planet are you from? There is no unity around Jesus Christ with these people.

And, don't think you're country is any different. You allow the muslims to practice their Shariah Law in your land of so called 'Christianity'. Gee, why cant you and the muslims find some unity behind Jesus Christ. Just ask them. I am sure they will be glad to abandon their lying religion for unity in Christ.

'Struggling' is an understatement.

Quantrill

Loyal
It would really help if you could exercise a little self control and learn to be not quite so rude.

Loyal
Most of the media outlets are liberally slanted, and liberal news is truly no longer news, its simply and truly liberal propaganda, and just like with Hitler, its working with many of the young and those who want power over others.

Active
It would really help if you could exercise a little self control and learn to be not quite so rude.

I haven't been rude. The truth has been rude. Which is evident by your refusal to respond. So, go ahead, seek to put a lock on the truth. It will make you look good.

Quantrill

Loyal
I haven't been rude. The truth has been rude. Which is evident by your refusal to respond. So, go ahead, seek to put a lock on the truth. It will make you look good.

Quantrill
That's not a very good response. I'm not prepared to answer off topic questions about what planet I'm from or to deal with ignorant and untrue statements about sharia law in the UK in order to continue a conversation.

The point I am making is that Christians' unity in Christ is primary over political allegiances.

As such the church - and Church leaders in particular - have an opportunity and responsibility to reach across the divisions in society and to provide unifying leadership.

Active
That's not a very good response. I'm not prepared to answer off topic questions about what planet I'm from or to deal with ignorant and untrue statements about sharia law in the UK in order to continue a conversation.

The point I am making is that Christians' unity in Christ is primary over political allegiances.

As such the church - and Church leaders in particular - have an opportunity and responsibility to reach across the divisions in society and to provide unifying leadership.

My response has been in line with your original question which was political in nature. In other words, you ask a political question and I respond with a political answer . Then you say but God loves us. Ok. But that offers nothing in light of your question or my questions to you.

For you to suggest that the two sides of the political structure in America, Republican and Democrat, need to unite around Jesus Christ is an off topic statement.

The Church is not the Democratic or Republican party. And that was not part of your original statements or concern. You were not asking about unity in the Church.

The existence of Sharia Law in your country is an example of how ridiculous your statements, concerning our political parties uniting around Jesus Christ, are.

Quantrill

Loyal
You're not listening. I am talking about the responsibility of churches and church leaders to unite around Christ in light of sharp partisan divisions. I am disappointed that there seems to be little energy to do this. I'm not sure why you even seem opposed to the idea.

And the status of Sharia in the UK? The law is made by the government and that is absolute. Your may want to check your sources.

Active
You're not listening. I am talking about the responsibility of churches and church leaders to unite around Christ in light of sharp partisan divisions. I am disappointed that there seems to be little energy to do this. I'm not sure why you even seem opposed to the idea.

And the status of Sharia in the UK? The law is made by the government and that is absolute. Your may want to check your sources.

No, you're not listening. The partisan divisions you are talking about are political in nature. The political division is so stark that the Christian is going to be found only on the side of the Conservative Right. Which is today, the Republican party.

The other party, the Democratic party is the home of the atheistic, liberal, left. You will find every unclean beast in that party. You will find many so called church goers who attend LGBT churches, or whatever. But they are not Christian in any way shape or form. Any so called 'jesus' they claim to represent is a false jesus. A social jesus.

There is no unity between the two and there can never be. Unless you want to forget about the real Jesus Christ. Embrace the LGBT community because God just loves us all. But then that is not unity. That is you abandoning the faith for sake of unity.

I will address England and Shariah Law in another thread.

Quantrill

Loyal

how do you know there is little energy in doing this??

Loyal
The other party, the Democratic party is the home of the atheistic, liberal, left. You will find every unclean beast in that party. You will find many so called church goers who attend LGBT churches, or whatever. But they are not Christian in any way shape or form. Any so called 'jesus' they claim to represent is a false jesus. A social jesus.
But there are faithful followers of Jesus who find that applying his teachings leads them to the left.

Loyal
how do you know there is little energy in doing this??
Good point. It would have been better if I'd said that I don't see much energy in this. If there is a groundswell of effort in this direction, I'd love to know.

And I know that what is happening among the loudest and most powerful voices does not necessarily reflect well what happens when Christians come together to worship God, share the bread and wine and pray for each other.

Loyal
Good point. It would have been better if I'd said that I don't see much energy in this. If there is a groundswell of effort in this direction, I'd love to know.

And I know that what is happening among the loudest and most powerful voices does not necessarily reflect well what happens when Christians come together to worship God, share the bread and wine and pray for each other.

the last two churches I attended spoke of such unity, yet hold firm in there Godly position on things such as Abortion