• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What Does God Want From Me?

God Wants Us To Trust Him .

HEBREWS 11:6

6- But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who
comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder
of those who diligently seek Him.

You may be working yourself to a frazzle trying to be perfect
so you can please God.

You may have tried so hard and become so frustrated that you
are about ready to give up. Well, maybe you should quit trying
to be perfect on your own because none of us will ever be
perfect through our own efforts, anyway.

God knows we are human. He does not expect perfection out of
us. If we were perfect we would not even need a Saviour.

God loves us and accepts us because He made us all . And He is
able to make us into what He desires for us to be , if we
will trust Him and allow Him to work in us .

God wants us to trust Him. He wants our love and respect. He
has certainly earned it and deserves it. Don't let the devil
keep us from giving to God what He really desires: Our love
and faith.

What does God desire from you? Not perfect performance but
total trust. God wants you to believe that He is good a rewarder!

Help us to trust You Lord God. Thank You for loving us . We will
rest in your love, instead of worrying about our performance.
Work your will in us from this day forward .

Eve

Thank you for this post. It is just what I needed.

I sat alone in the church pew today with closed tearful eyes and my head down for the longest time, trying to feel the Holy Spirit. There were many thoughts racing through my head at one point I felt so empty, I felt like giving up. The church felt so cold I was shivering. It sounds cliched to say it but honestly after a while I started to feel warm again as the sun started to shine through the window in line with where I was sitting. I didn't think that much of it until now.

Reading this has brought my experience and my thoughts back into focus. We get so caught up in our lives we forget the basics and what's important, we take so much for granted. I understand now, the task of seeking God isn't always easy, even if we are Christians but it does not mean we should not keep trying.
All relationships need nurturing especially the most important. No matter how rejected and alone I might feel at a given point, I must remember that God still wants me and loves me, just as he wants and loves all his children. If we trust in him he will be our guide.

'Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus'
1 Thessalonians 5:16

Peace and happiness be with you always my brother :girl_hug: .

Dear Eve . I am blessed to know that the Holy Spirit strengthened you today . You are never alone . We are here for you . :love: :boy_hug: :computer: Mike

Amen brother: that is so true...Paul said the saints look at a glass darkly, till the time come's... when this imperfect man, will put on perfection.

God bless

God bless you all!

There is a warmth coming through all of the posts here, which I am feeling. The Lord is working through your very own testament. Praise the Lord.

HA!!! ya make it sound like so simple but it is the hardest thing to get!! lol

Not to try and do things right till ya perfect and get frustrated (like i do lol) but there are conditions all over the bible about what we should do and how holy we should be.
It is dificult to learn to do this
- for god because i want to do the right thing
and not
- for god so that he will love me

and trust?! thats a whole another thing because god wants faith and we canot please him without it. and yet faith comes from hearing the word of god and so even that i cant go and get. it has to come gradualy.

tricky stuff lol

WHAT DOES GOD WANT FROM ME????

He wants 100 % of you thats what he wants!!!
99% wont do. If you give your all to Him that will take care of alot of problems, and trusting is easier.. Many times we hold back in some areas. When the rich young ruler came to Jesus and spoke of all his good works, Jesus pointed out where he was missing it. He put things above God Instead of giving all to Him he went away sorrowful. God was not his priority. Anything a person will not give up for God is a "god" to them. If Jesus is truly Lord of every part of your life then anything he wants is your pleasure

My view is simple; God want from us only that , what we can give . Not more than that . Remember, God know everyone of us personally , what we are at heart . Not all and every other people dont know us so well . Other people may expect us to do something , which they say you ought to do , but still , we cant be sure, is that , what God is expecting . You may give advice and try to help other one with relation to God , but at the end , it is only between God and you personally , what you do . But if you ever have doubt about what God have planned for your life, you can pray for that and then find out , what you get as an answer . God have promised help us , so it isnt impossible for Him to show, even in detail , what you do to fill God's will in your part .