• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What does God look like?

Loyal
A little girl was lying on the floor with her crayons and a large drawing pad when her father came into the room and asked, "What are you drawing, honey?" Without looking up, she replied, "I am drawing a picture of God." Her father smiled and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without a pause, she retorted, "They will when I am finished."

Loyal
Jesus said:-
(Joh 12:45) ' And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me.'
Have you ever seen HIM? What color is HIs eyes, does HE have a beard, is it salt and pepper. and have you ever heard HIS voice? What Language does HE speaks, is it earthly or Heavenly.

Loyal
Have you ever seen HIM? What color is HIs eyes, does HE have a beard, is it salt and pepper. and have you ever heard HIS voice? What Language does HE speaks, is it earthly or Heavenly.
@PloughBoy I'm sure that you know the twin themes of seeing/blindness revelation/concealment unfold through the Gospel according to John. You know too the answer to your set of questions to complete is in John 1:18 'No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.'

Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

Have I ever seen the Lord Jesus Christ? - No.
What colour are His eyes? - I do not know.
Does He have a beard, is it salt and pepper? - I do not know.
Have I heard His voice? - No.
What language does He speak, is it earthly or heavenly? - I do not know.

However, I do know, like Job, that 'My Redeemer Liveth'.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

Have I ever seen the Lord Jesus Christ? - No.
What colour are His eyes? - I do not know.
Does He have a beard, is it salt and pepper? - I do not know.
Have I heard His voice? - No.
What language does He speak, is it earthly or heavenly? - I do not know.

However, I do know, like Job, that 'My Redeemer Liveth'.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
And have you seen Jesus either in His body He wore while with the apostles?

Loyal
And have you seen Jesus either in His body He wore while with the apostles?
Hello Brad,

I have not seen the Lord Jesus in His resurrection body, No. But I will one day.
However, I do know that it is not spirit, but made of flesh and bone, that it can appear and disappear at will, that it can eat and drink and obviously digest food, and can be touched and handled. It has the power of speech and of hearing, It also has the marks of the crucifixion remaining within it. (Luke 24:39).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Staff Member
Greetings,

Nobody has seen the wind but all have seen and/or felt the effects and existence of the wind.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
John 3:6-8

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. I Cor 13:12

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is I John 3:2

Loyal
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. I Cor 13:12

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is I John 3:2
'As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness.'
(Psalm 17:15)

'For whom He did foreknow,
He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son,
that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.'
(Romans 8:29)

Staff Member
Have you ever seen HIM?

Have I ever seen the Lord Jesus Christ?

Greetings,

When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory: and before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was an hungred, and ye gave Me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me in: naked, and ye clothed Me: I was sick, and ye visited Me: I was in prison, and ye came unto Me. Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, and fed Thee? or thirsty, and gave Thee drink? When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in? or naked, and clothed Thee? Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.
Matthew 25:31-40

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
In the year 1977 Just before that Easter Sunday, I had my "conversion"> At work, a went into a vision and saw 'Jesus hanging on the cross, blood runing down His face His eyes, and from the thorns sticking out from that crown on His Head, blood was dripping down and from the black tips of His strands of Hair and the Blood sadness of His eyes. He looked at me and Called me by name: "Chris, I die for you", I remember my heart started breaking and I said "no. Lord, Not me, not me Lord please not me, thinking I am to sinful and how could you take my place, and then it HAPPEN! My heart crack open and that "HOLY GHOST" pour into my heart, it blew me alway! I open my shirt and LOOked down at MY heart! Woo, I never knew it was like this! and the more i said "JESUS" the drunker I got! and I started walking like a drunk man! Now I know that was a vision of Him that He knew I would recognize as Jesus Christ, so that is waht He reveal to me. Theologians calls it a "Beatific vision" I had of Christ.

They told me what happen to me! and my Parents! You know i didn't know what had happen to me! My youngest daughter who lives out of town, said sometime in my life i was "traumatize". by something, they way i talk about GOD. LOL. She says God want us to be happy and have a good time in this world and that is why He made it. and that is why Jesus came to keep us from suffering. And something is wrong with me. When she was a kid, she called me "The Prophet of DOOM" LOL.

And when I would Preach, the congregation would say they would wake up in the middle of the night having nightmares! About going to HELL! And Call on Jesus, to save them, The kids would too! Kids were calling on JESUS in their dreams. Those were nice days! We would laugh, and lot of people got saved, kids full of the Holy Ghost! The Little kids would pull on my suit coat, we like the way you Preach, "we ain't never heard no body preech like you! " Little kids! I would start preaching and then it would get quite, "you could hear a mouse pee on cotton' they said! LOL! Especially when i start talking about "Hell"!, You scare me man. I would say, heck I scare myself! Where have those days went? That Word of GOD, would come out so quick and sharp, "I would cut myself"! and would be bleeding before i knew it! GOD knows I miss those days of How we used to "Preach"! Places use to open up at 12 midnight during the week! You could hear Ministers Preaching! And they could Preach! They knew that WORD! Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Amos, Pure WORD of GOD, not what they think, But Preach those Battles that would be going on it the Old Testament! It seems like you could hear those "Battle horses" of GOD snorting and pounding the Ground! and Hear the voice of GOD coming out of those Preacher Mouths! It might be 3 o'clock in the morning before you got home! during the week!

Those were my younger days, You Preach that WORD for WORD, Telling those OLD Testament STORIES! You could see it as those Preacher Preach it.

And that "HOLY GHOST" would be roaring like a mighty wind! "Dietrich Bonhoeffer" had that experience here in American, He said WOW!
I have experience like most a strange life in Christ, and it is kinda scary, because it is not a picnic. "Fear and Trembling".

I guess i had a vision similiar to Pauls! But I thought everybody had one when they became "born again"! I did! I get to talking and everybody look at me like what is He talking about. I would be talking so fast, and telling the story, I can't breathe, the ministers would say stop and breathe! LOL! They would be looking at me! saying Ooo, Ooo ,Ooo , I would say, what, what, what, and they would say Wooo, Wooo, keep talking. This was new to me! My Heart is on FIRE! and I cannot stop talking! About GOD! I was saying stuff in the BIBLE i have never even read before but it was there in the BIBLE> Then when I would start reading the WORD then i would say 'It is in here too! I didn't know that was in the BIBLE! I thought everybody was like me.
did that answer your Question.
I have never seen a "Glorified Christ" but a "Beatific vision" of Christ on the cross" I have. I got saved at that moment! So it had to be real. And I am still on FIRE! I used to teach and preach in my dreams, and it would wake me up! And when i get up now when i awake, i have a message, I am coming out of a message! Blesseth is the man that meditate in the law of the LORD night and day!

1 blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; and his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

I took that literally since day one! and learned that whole Ist Division of Psalms by heart! in no time flat. and believe it!

"Happy is the MAN" That is How a child of GOD is to obtain "Happiness" in this life! You happiness does not come from any man or women! Your happiness comes from the "WORD of GOD" so do not believe the lies of mankind, if they claim there are other ways of Happiness! and If a christian, says it is , believe them not, if a counselor says you can find happiness over here, believe them not! and if any teacher or friends ,says you can fine happiness in "Marriage" believe them not! You find your Happiness in "SOLA CHRISTOS" In "Christ ALONE", and your Joy will be filled and your cup will be, running over!

I talk a lot.

Loyal
Greetings,

When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory: and before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was an hungred, and ye gave Me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took Me in: naked, and ye clothed Me: I was sick, and ye visited Me: I was in prison, and ye came unto Me. Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, Lord, when saw we Thee an hungred, and fed Thee? or thirsty, and gave Thee drink? When saw we Thee a stranger, and took Thee in? or naked, and clothed Thee? Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.
Matthew 25:31-40

Bless you ....><>
Thank you, @Br. Bear,

Yet another view-point to ponder.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris