• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What do You Believe about Salvation?

What do you believe about your salvation?

These three options have been a source of debate for centuries. These views reflect Arminianism, Calvinism and an alternative view of Salvation.

1. Salvation is accomplished through the combined efforts of God (who takes the initiative) and man (who must respond) - man's response being the determining factor. God has provided salvation for everyone, but His provision becomes effective only for those who, of their own free will, "choose" to cooperate with Him and accept His offer of grace. At the crucial point, man's will plays a decisive role; thus man, not God, determines who will be recipients of the gift of salvation.

2. Salvation is accomplished by the almighty power of the Triune God. The Father chose a people, the Son died for them, the Holy Spirit makes Christ's death effective by bringing the elect to faith and repentance, thereby causing them to willingly obey the gospel. The entire process (election, redemption, regeneration) is the work of God and is by grace alone. Thus God, not man, determines who will be the recipients of the gift of salvation.

3. Salvation is accomplished by the intellectual understanding of man’s inability to save Himself. Therefore Man accepts the atonement of Christ based on the fact of sin and man’s inability to meet the required wages of sin. Man then determines His own salvation. Once this determination is made, God and man in a cooperative effort grow man’s faith, as man works out his own salvation. Thus man decides who will be the recipient of the gift of salvation.

Which of these options do you believe to be Biblically accurate, if any at all?

Last edited:
#2 seems to be the closest to my belief
But all three have some truth to them.

Salvation is only through faith in the risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Matt 19:24 "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matt 19:25 When the disciples heard {this,} they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"
Matt 19:26 And looking at {them} Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."(NASB)

Peace be with you,
Your brother in Christ,
John.

I like no1 and believe that man has got to respond to god, but i dont believe that man plays the decisive role in recieving salvation.
Although we think we choose to ask god into our life, i believe that its god who has been striving with us and puts that desire in our hearts to ask him.

therefore i go for no 2, its all about god and his glory

I would have to say #1. Would God really make someone who couldn't be saved?2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

I would have to say #1. Would God really make someone who couldn't be saved?2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Ditto, I agree with frazzledmom. I take issue with the idea in option #1 of man's response being the determining factor, though. God made the determination when He set the requirement of acceptance.

Amen! :love:

Administrator
Staff Member
#1 is certainly the one here.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Ephesians 2:7-9
7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Hello, Friends. What I believe about salvation is actually tied to all three of these "theories".

GOD knew that HIS human creation (mankind) would need to be saved, so HE made a way before HE ever created us. So, ultimately, salvation is of GOD because HE gave it.

JESUS' death was for all mankind so, in essence, everyone has the same opportunity to be saved. Once again, GOD already knows who will accept HIM and who won't but that didn't prevent HIM from providing the opportunity for all. GOD'S invitation is not synonymous with our RSVP'ing, but again, HE knew that before HE formed us in the womb.

Exercise of freewill (our choosing) must take place for salvation to take effect, so there is a combination of effort (the Bible says that we are to be co-laborers with HIM). Our response does determine whether or not we become saved. If we don't chose HIM, we cannot partake of HIM. But it is HIS grace that leads us into making that choice. The gift of salvation, however, has been bought and paid for with the blood of JESUS for all to partake of as they choose (whosoever will...).

Man cannot determine who will be saved, but he can determine if he (personally) will be saved. Since salvation is the gift of GOD it can only be accomplished (completed) by HIM. It is our act of faith in believing in HIS gift that causes salvation to become effective in our lives.

Our intellectual understanding of our inability to "save" ourselves brings about repentance which paves the way for salvation, but salvation is spiritual so the intellect cannot accomplish what GOD has initiated/completed by HIS SPIRIT.

Once we are saved unto eternity, the real work of "working out our own salvation with fear and trembling" begins. The gift of salvation redeems us. The practice of working out our salvation transforms us.

Thanks for allowing me to share with you all.

Salvation

I believe our salvation rests on our desires, and firm decision to follow the Word of God. God puts the desires in our hearts through the love we have for others, and our desires to provide the best for loved ones. Although God puts the desires in our heart, the decision to participate accordingly must be self induced and self propelled unto salvation.

If we choose not to follow the Word of God, or if we falter and allow the worries and pleasures of the world to deceive us away from seeking to attain first, and above all earthly things, the Kingdom of God; we will die, and not receive salvation in this life time. Yet we will be given another chance to obey the word of God and receive salvation unto everlasting life, at the resurrection end of times, because God loves us; and it’s His game plan. J

Talk about food for thought...I'll have to go with #2. Even though I need to be
the one to ask Christ into my life, God made the ultimate decision to accept me
by sending his son to die for me, therefore it has been God's plan from the
beginning of time as to who will be in "The Book of Life". :love:

"But suffer with me for the Good News. God, who gives us the strength to do that, saved us and made us His holy people. That was not because of anything
we did ourselves but because of God's purpose and grace. That grace was
given to us through Christ Jesus before time began".

2 Timothy 1 8b-9

Option # 4

Option # 4 Thanks for asking Terry.

YourPastorT said:
What do you believe about your salvation?

These three options have been a source of debate for centuries. These views reflect Arminianism, Calvinism and an alternative view of Salvation.

1. Salvation is accomplished through the combined efforts of God (who takes the initiative) and man (who must respond) - man's response being the determining factor. God has provided salvation for everyone, but His provision becomes effective only for those who, of their own free will, "choose" to cooperate with Him and accept His offer of grace. At the crucial point, man's will plays a decisive role; thus man, not God, determines who will be recipients of the gift of salvation.

2. Salvation is accomplished by the almighty power of the Triune God. The Father chose a people, the Son died for them, the Holy Spirit makes Christ's death effective by bringing the elect to faith and repentance, thereby causing them to willingly obey the gospel. The entire process (election, redemption, regeneration) is the work of God and is by grace alone. Thus God, not man, determines who will be the recipients of the gift of salvation.

3. Salvation is accomplished by the intellectual understanding of man’s inability to save Himself. Therefore Man accepts the atonement of Christ based on the fact of sin and man’s inability to meet the required wages of sin. Man then determines His own salvation. Once this determination is made, God and man in a cooperative effort grow man’s faith, as man works out his own salvation. Thus man decides who will be the recipient of the gift of salvation.

Which of these options do you believe to be Biblically accurate, if any at all?

YourPasterT said:
--- Which of these options do you believe to be Biblically accurate, if any at all? ---

Bless You Yeshua!!!

Yeshua said:
Option # 4 ----

I would say #1 is somewhat worded correct However , there should be another option. So Yeshua I agree with you -- option#4 :wink: lol
because ---

Matthew 10:32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Corinthians 5:15
And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Although He died for all we were created with a free will so every individual must either ask Christ into our life or reject his free gift of salvation. Everyone has a choice. We can do nothing to earn it or work for it .

I'm all for #1. It is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus, and Him alone that we can be made righteous before the Father.