• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What Did You Learn in Church Today?

Loyal
So you went to church today...That's good! What did you learn in church today? You should have learned something that you can apply to your life so you can grow in Him. What is it?

Loyal
what makes you ask this question?? I cant help but wonder since you have stated many times you do not go to church? do you have any believers that are close by for fellowship to help encourage and grow?

We are learning that Jesus does not want secrete Christians, we are all to go out and proclaim the gospel !! we are learning about how we all equipped with spiritual gifts to use for the body of Christ. I can refer you to the sermons if you wish as they are posted on the churches website.

Loyal
what makes you ask this question?? I cant help but wonder since you have stated many times you do not go to church? do you have any believers that are close by for fellowship to help encourage and grow?

We are learning that Jesus does not want secrete Christians, we are all to go out and proclaim the gospel !! we are learning about how we all equipped with spiritual gifts to use for the body of Christ. I can refer you to the sermons if you wish as they are posted on the churches website.
Whoa! Why are you sounding defensive? I asked the question because so many do not learn anything in church and we should learn. Learn the Word, expounded upon; learn to care for one another; learn how to get our needs met, and to meet the needs of others; learn to share the gospel. I simply asked what you (the reader of this post) learned today. When your parents asked you what you learned in church, did you challenge them too?
We, in my family, that is, myself, my Lady, and our daughter, do not go to church because that's the way Father led us. When we go to church, He removes us. He told me in no uncertain terms that HE would be my teacher. He has been that, faithfully, with seldom a day going by without new learning and growth. He's the one we lean on.
As for fellowship, we get plenty of that too. We're not the only Christians in the world. LOL
So...the question.....what did you learn in church today?

Loyal
Brother always good to here back from you, you might of read to much into my post I definatley not defensive about going to church, as God calls for us to be in church according to the bible the 10 commandments and Jesus also attended when the pharisees were in charge.

I was more worried about you not going to church, but that's between you and God so I will just bow out of this discussion in Peace my freind.

Many truths, Amen! But the latest (10/14) would be how pride blinds and destroys us. I really enjoyed that because (as I testified on this site a week or so ago) I found that I was very prideful in my work and it in fact was blinding and destroying me. I am guessing that my pastor will continue this teaching tonight. We have church on Sundays and Wednesdays. So I will try to remember to post again on this tomorrow or maybe even late tonight on what we learned today :).

I would like to know how to do that! Can you please refer me to those sermons?

Yippy skippy! Here I go! I welcome your thoughts on this, even if contrary to mine (this is how I received the teachings), but we should be on one accord here since Jesus lives on the inside of us! Lol :smile:.
John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
That Jesus does in fact give us the power to be holy and become the sons of God. This power is the Holy Spirit. Real power! I have so many testimonies about how His power has changed me.
Proverbs 29:18 - Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
The vision outside of God, or man's vision leads to death, contrarily, God's vision leads to life. Keeping and abiding His laws is where happiness truly lies. This is why reading and studying the Word is so important, because that is where God's vision is laid forth!
Isaiah 1:19-20 - If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
That obedience requires willingness. Without willingness there is no obedience, but rather there is only compliance. Compliance is forced behavior and unacceptable to God.

Amen, amen, amen!
Praise Jesus, my Lord and Saviour!

Loyal
let me know what you think if you get a chance,

I have been attending this church for about three years fresh out of catholic church, and man do they help the poor around my city and around the world. He constantly challenges us to serve others which I love.

let me know what you think if you get a chance,

I have been attending this church for about three years fresh out of catholic church, and man do they help the poor around my city and around the world. He constantly challenges us to serve others which I love.
I enjoyed his message "it's something bigger". He talked about his ministry and experiences, and touched a bit on how it would apply to me. I think that as long as Jesus is in you, then you are a missionary in that the fruits of the Spirit are being used daily - the people around you will see that and be affected by it. I am still trying to figure out what my calling is, beyond obeying Him and learning how to love. I think that is enough for me at the moment!

Loyal
Well its that time of year again and recently we were handed out of folder on giving, our church calls these our Generosity reports. We give away 20% of all money taken in, to missions and to the local needy to help spread the Gospel, the places are vetted and visited by our people and usually the senior pastor goes. We believe we are in a very well to do part of the world and we must give back to help the un-reached peoples groups across the world and home local. Our Christmas offering also goes to these areas of interest year before last it was 600,000 just from the Christmas offering that we gave to Home this is a Jesus teaching ministry one of the many around the world we team up with to send support.

What i really like about this is the church does a great job vetting these places to make sure our money is going to Jesus based ministries helping the poor and spreading the Gospel.

My pastor has written several very good popular books and with all the money that comes in from them he gives it all away to help spread the gospel an help the poor.