• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What Can I Truly Trust?

Staff Member
The rich think of their wealth as a strong defense; they imagine it to be a high wall of safety. Proverbs 18:11

Those who have wealth think that wealth is powerful and that placing trust in money is a good idea. They believe a fat bank account places a secure barrier between themselves and bad days. Today's verse, however, states that not everything you think is true and not everything you imagine is real. Believing a lie doesn't make it true.

Every work in the Bible means something, and while this verse leads to the clear lesson to not trust in wealth to save you, it also leads to another logical conclusion: God can be trusted when even money fails to provide security.

You can think power and prestige bring security. You can imagine fame and ability set you up for only the good things in life. But when your trust is misplaced, you'll return to the question whose answer you got wrong: "What can I truly trust?"

Prayer: Lord I want to trust You more than anything else in life. Help me to rethink my decisions when I consider the possibility that there's anything I can trust that is somehow greater than You. May I return to the wisdom that says my trust is best placed in the hands that made the universe, made me, and were nailed to a cross for me. I no longer have a reason to doubt Your love for me.

Loyal
Thank you for this message brother, none us can manage without money, but to much can be worse. (some may disagree)
Many put their trust in money, they cannot live without it, then they have the worry of where to keep it, who might steal it, they don't want to lose it, they don't want to part with it, they don't want to part with it!

Matthew 6:19-21 (NKJV)
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

The more they have, the more they want, the more problems it brings...

Luke 12:16-21 (NKJV)
16 Then Jesus spoke a parable to them, saying: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully.
17 And he thought within himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?'
18 So he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods.
19 And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry." '
20 But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?'
21 So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

Prayer in agreement: Lord I want to trust You more than anything else in life. Help me to rethink my decisions when I consider the possibility that there's anything I can trust that is somehow greater than You. May I return to the wisdom that says my trust is best placed in the hands that made the universe, made me, and were nailed to a cross for me. I no longer have a reason to doubt Your love for me. In Jesus Name, Amen.