• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What book have you read recently?

Administrator
Staff Member
The last book I just finished is called Just Do Something. Great book and I do highly recommend it. Written by Kevin DeYoung. You have to read the book to fully grasp what his point is. Hint: he is not saying at all not to seek God's will in prayer (quite the opposite). Don't let the title fool you. It's a great book.

From the Back Cover

Hyper-spiritual approaches to finding God's will don't work. It's time to try something new: give up.

Pastor and author Kevin DeYoung counsels Christians to settle down, make choices, and do the hard work of seeing those choices through.

Too often, he writes, God's people tinker around with churches, jobs, and relationships, worrying that they haven't found God's perfect will for their lives. Or-even worse-they do absolutely nothing, stuck in a frustrated state of paralyzed indecision, waiting...waiting...waiting for clear, direct, unmistakable direction.

But God doesn't need to tell us what to do at each fork in the road. He's already revealed His plan for our lives: to love Him with our whole hearts, to obey His Word, and after that, to do what we like.

No need for hocus-pocus. No reason to be directionally challenged. Just do something.

Just finishing up Watchman Nee's, 'The Normal Christian Life'... awesome book
that comes with high recommendation.

The Book I'm about finished reading is by Joyce Meyer and it's called " Conflict Free Living" It's really good and I've enjoyed it.

Loyal
The last book I just finished is called Just Do Something. Great book and I do highly recommend it. Written by Kevin DeYoung. You have to read the book to fully grasp what his point is. Hint: he is not saying at all not to seek God's will in prayer (quite the opposite). Don't let the title fool you. It's a great book.

From the Back Cover

Hyper-spiritual approaches to finding God's will don't work. It's time to try something new: give up.

Pastor and author Kevin DeYoung counsels Christians to settle down, make choices, and do the hard work of seeing those choices through.

Too often, he writes, God's people tinker around with churches, jobs, and relationships, worrying that they haven't found God's perfect will for their lives. Or-even worse-they do absolutely nothing, stuck in a frustrated state of paralyzed indecision, waiting...waiting...waiting for clear, direct, unmistakable direction.

But God doesn't need to tell us what to do at each fork in the road. He's already revealed His plan for our lives: to love Him with our whole hearts, to obey His Word, and after that, to do what we like.

No need for hocus-pocus. No reason to be directionally challenged. Just do something.

Just finished a fiction called "The Ahriman Gate" - Thomas Horn and also "On the Trail of the Nephilim" by L.A. Marzulli
and I'm into a book called " The Time Travelers of the Bible" by Gary Stearman
Both are very interesting.

Active
I'm reading 'life interrupted' by Priscilla Shirer, she's explaining the book of Jonah. Good stuff.

Active
Just need to finish up on Dr. David Jeremiah's, "Agents of the Apocalypse". Good stuff.

Loyal
"A Place Called Heaven" By Dr Gary Wood, great read I would highly recommend the book

Loyal

From the Back Cover

I'm into a fascinating book now..."The Gods Who Walk Among Us" by Tom Horn It does give real insight into what is happening in the spirit realms. And what we can do.

I read this very interesting narrative again; it's such a timeless classic. Has plenty of Old Testament "books" as well as New Testament ones. Apparently there has been some "to do," over the years among Christians regarding it...LOL! (Lord forgive my sarcasm...I just had to.) To be honest though I rarely have time for extra reading. Recently authored n published two Christian resources both in print and e book format, trying to facilitate a full time ministry, and spending much time on web based platform in order to maximize the opportunity to be salt and light to others. Been quite some time since I have undertaken any "side-reading." It is a busy season that is quite wearisome, but it will someday result in much praise, honor and glory being directed to our Father; so it is a fair trade in my book. (lol.."in my book,"...no pun intended.)

Dew

Just finished reading " A Baxter Family Christmas " by Karen Kingsbury . Very interesting and engaging.

Active
Some encouraging christian books

Encouragement changes everything by John C Maxwell
Dare to Do only the Father's Will by Suzanne Pillans

Active
Few more..

Princess Warrior engaging spiritual warfare by Robin Kirby-Gatto
Let our Children go by Rebecca Greenwood

Spiritual Warfare by Jerry Rankin

All good christian books.

Active
Friend has lent me..

Our God is awesome. Encouraging the greatness of our God.

By Tony Evans.

Enjoying it so far!

Active
one of my all time favorite book I read a while back has just recently become a movie and I can wait to see it, the book is called "Some kind of Differnt" anyone else read it?? anyone seen the movie yet??

Same Kind of Different as Me | Fandango
No but a friend was saying the movie was really good. Think she saw it on the christian tv channel. I dont generally watch the tv as parents usually hog it and they dont watch christian tv, but had this thought if I did lock in the channel permanently somehow they might be interested. But I dont know if its worth the risk cos They get angry if I ever try to watch something I want to watch thats on the same time as they do..or turn it off when nobodys watching it.

Have you ever been yelled at by your own family for stuff like that? I once left a christian book on the coffee table and my brother got angry. It was a coffee table I bought for us to share! I wasnt even trying to convert him or anything.

I think I understand homeless people cos their own families dont want them around :-( . If you dont want to be kicked out some people just leave and because they have no money they have literally nowhere to go. Wealthy people dont quite understand this as they usually have more than one home or can easily rent somewhere.

In the last 3 months, I have read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and Pursuit of the Holy by Corey Russell.

At the moment I'm just halfway through David Baron's exposition of Zechariah. Very deep read.

Active
The illustrated book of Genesis by R Crumb.

It has a warning, contains violence and nudity.