• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What bible verse encourages you when you're feeling down?

During these times it's easy to be discouraged in the world, but what's your go-to / pick me up verse?

Mine is 1 Peter 5:6-11 :)
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of suffering. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen."

Loyal
Hello @thebookworm21,

'Let not your heart be troubled:
ye believe in God, believe also in Me.'
(John 14:1)

'Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.'
(Joh 14:27)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Loyal
Rom 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. (NLT)

Psa 91:3 He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy, and he will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse.
Psa 91:4 His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you. You can run under his covering of majesty and hide. His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm.
Psa 91:5 You will never worry about an attack of demonic forces at night nor have to fear a spirit of darkness coming against you.
Psa 91:6 Don’t fear a thing! Whether by night or by day, demonic danger will not trouble you, nor will the powers of evil launched against you.
Psa 91:7 Even in a time of disaster, with thousands and thousands being killed, you will remain unscathed and unharmed. (TPT)

Staff Member
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Thessalonians 5:18

O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever.
found a number of times throughout Psalms

During these times it's easy to be discouraged in the world, but what's your go-to / pick me up verse?

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of suffering. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen."

1 John 4
18There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love. 19We lovee >>>because He first loved us.<<<

1 Cor 13
“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. >>>7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.<<<

>>>8Love never fails. <<<But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

>>>13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.”<<<

His Love:) Holds me through it all!

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

14"As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds,
of your saving acts all day long—
though I know not how to relate them all.
16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.
17 Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your mighty acts to all who are to come." - Psalm 71: 14-18

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:37 - Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:38 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:39 - Nor height, nor depth,nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was with God in the beginning.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

In Him was LIFE

Active
Here are three as of late:

John 8:32
(YTL) and the truth shall make you free.
(NKJV) and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Joshua 1:9
(YLT) Have not I commanded thee? be strong and courageous; be not terrified nor affrighted, for with thee [is] Jehovah thy God in every [place] whither thou goest
(NKJV) Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Nehemiah 8:10
(YLT) And he saith to them, `Go, eat fat things, and drink sweet things, and sent portions to him for whom nothing is prepared, for to-day [is] holy to our Lord, and be not grieved, for the joy of Jehovah is your strength.'
(NKJV) Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Loyal
I mean don’t get mad at me! Because how I do things!

I do not have a favorite verse, or a portion of Scripture I run to or go to.

“What bible verse encourages you when you're feeling down?”​

I just write and keep Reading, I write everyday, even when I drove a lot, a pad in every car, van pickup, I will stop anywhere, so I would not forget a thought. Dictionary in every car and bible. If I would be on the highway, freeway, I going to stop, and write it down, a all day thing!

If I am suffering I am going to write what is going on in my soul! At That moment.

If a word come to my mind, I going to stop, grab a dictionary and look it up and write the word down, over 40 years I ain’t stop!
I refresh myself to be sure, I have exhausted definitions. And check if The Word definition has change.

The Adversary is The God of This world, he is The Prince!

I just keep reading my Bible just like I normally do! And, yes do I worry, yes, but always comes to mind, “Trust him” no matter what, but just keep reading like you normally do. When you stop reading, then you start worrying again, pick up the book and just keep doing your normal reading.

I think, a long time ago I wrote a paper on, do not use “Bible Verses” like a Doctor use “Prescription Pads”. And never Take a “A Scripture Prescription” from another “Prescriber”.

I cannot rightly remember that was a “Sermon” or Lecture” I wrote.

I never throw none of my works away. Maybe it was about 20 to 30 years ago.
My Brother is a “Pastor” said He had All my works, sermons and notes in which I stored at my Parents house, From 1977- to about 1989.
He said he kept them all when mother died. And he reads them.

I can’t remember, to long ago.

I am not saying that “Prescription Pad Scriptures” are bad”. Far be it. “All Scripture” will accomplish in regards by which it is sent.

Active
I think, a long time ago I wrote a paper on, do not use “Bible Verses” like a Doctor use “Prescription Pads”. And never Take a “A Scripture Prescription” from another “Prescriber”.
I agree. Those I posted are the one's as of late that are working in me, encouraging me. He is making me free in so many ways, and has caused me to be so courageous in place in my life that I was a coward before, and as well as knowing the celebrating and giving Him his honor is where I find my strenght for He is worthy of all glory, honor and dominion before, here, now and into the beyond!

Loyal
I mean don’t get mad at me! Because how I do things!

I do not have a favorite verse, or a portion of Scripture I run to or go to.

“What bible verse encourages you when you're feeling down?”​

I just write and keep Reading, I write everyday, even when I drove a lot, a pad in every car, van pickup, I will stop anywhere, so I would not forget a thought. Dictionary in every car and bible. If I would be on the highway, freeway, I going to stop, and write it down, a all day thing!

If I am suffering I am going to write what is going on in my soul! At That moment.

If a word come to my mind, I going to stop, grab a dictionary and look it up and write the word down, over 40 years I ain’t stop!
I refresh myself to be sure, I have exhausted definitions. And check if The Word definition has change.

The Adversary is The God of This world, he is The Prince!

I just keep reading my Bible just like I normally do! And, yes do I worry, yes, but always comes to mind, “Trust him” no matter what, but just keep reading like you normally do. When you stop reading, then you start worrying again, pick up the book and just keep doing your normal reading.

I cannot rightly remember that was a “Sermon” or Lecture” I wrote.

I never throw none of my works away. Maybe it was about 20 to 30 years ago.
My Brother is a “Pastor” said He had All my works, sermons and notes in which I stored at my Parents house, From 1977- to about 1989.
He said he kept them all when mother died. And he reads them.

I can’t remember, to long ago.

I am not saying that “Prescription Pad Scriptures” are bad”. Far be it. “All Scripture” will accomplish in regards by which it is sent.
Maybe, this is my verses written upon my very Soul, that I run to, it just came unto me. I guess it is in me.

King James Bible
“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day”

Yes, that is it. Without Turning a page.

Thanks of a Reminder..

ploughBoy!

Active
Romans 8:28

""""And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."""

Loyal
Hello there,

There are so many wonderful verses which God has has used in my life, to quicken me, to convict me, to strengthen me and to bring me to my knees.

This is one which has blessed me, because of the assurance it gives:-

'Wherefore He is able also
to save them to the uttermost
that come unto God by Him,
seeing He ever liveth
to make intercession for them.'
(Heb 7:25)

'He saves to the UTTERMOST. ' - What a glorious word that is, isn't it?
What a wonderful God we have! Praise His Holy Name!!
[Our Intercessor, Our Advocate, Our Daysman, Our Kinsman-Redeemer]

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Loyal
'For in Him (Christ Jesus our Lord)
dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are complete in Him,
which is the head of all principality and power: ... ;
(Colossians 2:9-10)

Hello there,

Coming to the realisation that I am, in the eyes of God, - COMPLETE - in Christ Jesus our risen Saviour and Lord: has been life changing for me; for knowing that wondrous truth, has brought such assurance and peace in Him.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
I am asked often if this or that is exciting, most of the times I say, no not really. But I am excited about receiving my new KJ bible - with it's own zipper! Now, last night, flipping through it checking it all out I stopped at 2 Corinthians and started reading. So I am going back and reading and re-reading 2Cor1 and in particularly 2Cor1:3-7, which is very encouraging! Trust and lean, trust and lean, trust and lean on the Lord Jesus in the highs, lows, and the plateaus!

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. 6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.