• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What About Those People Who Have Never Heard of Jesus?

What About Those People
Who Have Never Heard of Jesus?

Our Heavenly Father “left not Himself without witness” – Acts 14:17

Glen C. Robertson

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER tells us that He has always, and will always ensure that the earth has a witness of Him.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
Psalms 19:1-6 The BIBLE

16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
17 Nevertheless He left not Himself without witness, in that He did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
Acts 14:16-17 The BIBLE

EARLY PROPHETS OF GOD

An early name for, “prophet,” was, “seer,” (I Samuel 9:9), as he was said to ‘see’ the will of God, or to see into the Spiritual world; this ability was what Balaam spoke of in Numbers 24:3b-4; 24:15-16, quoted below. While he wasn’t of the Israelite Nation, God nonetheless had bestowed upon him a Spirituality (anointing of the Holy Spirit? – not necessarily so, as some are given a measure of supernatural, “seeing,” ability by God from birth, and some even have some kind of, “seeing,” ability demonically) which enabled God to be enquired of by him. Almighty God has always ensured that those who sincerely want to know Him have the opportunity (Jeremiah 29:13). We see that Balaam wasn’t the only such early spokesman of God. Balaam was of the same tribe as Moses’ father-in-law, and, arguably therefore, of also the same religious sect. Both were deeply spiritual, Jethro’s being, “the Priest of Midian” – Exodus 2:16, 3:1, 18:1, and Balaam, of the same Tribe, being so spiritual and in-tune with God that he was known for it internationally.

Moses’ wife, Zipporah, was Ethiopian (Numbers 12:1) (which irritated his siblings) and therefore presumably her father, Jethro, was also. So, potentially, God had similarly already placed His spokesmen also in Africa, from which they apparently had migrated. (To this day the Ethiopian Amharics claim a deep affiliation with the Jews (and even to have possession of the Ark of the Covenant), and Nigeria’s Igbos are said to be ethnically Hebrew.)

Even in the days of Abraham, Melchisedek, the king of Salem (later, “Jerusalem”) was, “…the priest of the most high God,” (Genesis 14:18) “Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually,” - Hebrews 7:3, so possibly a pre-incarnation of Jesus, a, “Christophanie,” or earthly role on earth of Jesus Himself?

Egypt, of course, had its magicians (Exodus 7:11-22); indeed, God had even given to Pharaoh a special spokesman of God: Joseph, son of Jacob, to provide him spiritual instruction (Genesis 41)! And He gave Daniel to Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, and Belshazzar (Daniel 4,6,7) to instruct them Spiritually. When Jesus was born, “wise men,” from the East were able to recognize the birth of the Son of God, and come, search Him out. The existence of all these spiritual men testifies to the fact that, while Israel was the People that God had chosen to be His witnesses to the world, there were others, also, in lands geographically distant, who, also, were cognizant of the One Great God, and were in touch with His Spirit. Just how much they understood and followed Him cannot be known until we are able to ask our Lord in Person, but we do know how much they were potentially able to know; this, we shall see in a moment!

God made the Hebrew people/the Jews/Israel God’s witnesses and spokesmen to the world:

7 Even every one that is called by My Name: for I have created him for My glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
8 Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
9 Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
10 Ye are My witnesses, saith the LORD, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I Am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, Am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:7-11 The BIBLE

And, while the Nation of Israel was the spokesmen of God to the world, Jesus said that it was impossible that Jerusalem (His people) would ever be without a spokesman of God to speak to them from Him (Luke 13:33; John 14:15-17; Acts 14:17):

31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto Him, Get Thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill Thee.
32 And He said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.[1]
Luke 13:31-33 The BIBLE

For this reason, when some of the Pharisees warned Jesus to get out of Jerusalem because of King Herod’s plot to kill Him, Jesus said that He would not, indeed COULD NOT, “get out, and depart hence,” could not leave Jerusalem, as He still had a job to do being a prophet in Jerusalem, casting out devils, doing cures, etc. (“walking” among men – verse 33[2]), and then being perfected on the third day. Jesus knew His responsibility!

JUST HOW MUCH ARE THE ISOLATED HEATHEN ABLE TO KNOW OR RECEIVE OF GOD?

Our Heavenly Father tells us in Scripture:

God has given everyone an understanding of truth and righteousness;
God requires, for salvation, a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness;
God knows who has/will have a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness;
God will make sure that everyone with a sincere heart desiring Him can and will receive Him.

1) God has given everyone an understanding of truth and righteousness

9 That (Jesus) Was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John 1:9 The BIBLE

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:18-21 The BIBLE

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my Gospel.
Romans 2:14-16 The BIBLE

2) God requires, for salvation, a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29 The BIBLE

13 And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 The BIBLE

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8 The BIBLE

3) God knows who has a/will have a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness

Scripture tells us that, from the foundation of the world, God knew who would desire Him, and His truth, and He wrote in His Book of Life every detail of their being and their life:

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the Name of Christ depart from iniquity.
II Timothy 2:19 The BIBLE

13 For Thou hast possessed my reins: Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from Thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in Thy Book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee.
Psalms 139:13-18 The BIBLE

27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
29 For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.
Romans 8:27-30 The BIBLE

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Revelation 17:8 The BIBLE

4) God will make sure that everyone with a sincere heart desiring Him can and will receive Him

35 And Jesus said unto them, I Am The Bread Of Life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst.
---
37 All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me.
39 And this is the Father's will Which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:35, 37-40 The BIBLE

When one asks how those who have never known of Jesus can possibly be said to have the opportunity to receive Him, he can remember that our Heavenly Father, in his Divine wisdom and foreknowledge, knew, “before the foundation of the world,”[3] exactly who was or was not going to desire and seek Him with a whole heart! And those who were, during their lifetime, going to be sincere in this way, our Heavenly Father has given the greatest opportunity to find Him! Our Lord and Saviour knows exactly how best to distribute present and future populations across the earth, and to place the most sincere individuals where will be presented and encountered the greatest opportunities to hear and receive the Gospel. And, similarly, our Heavenly Father knows also where to place those individuals who will have the least sincerity toward the Gospel: in locations where opportunity to hear and receive it will be the least.

8 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
Deuteronomy 32:8 The BIBLE

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:26 The BIBLE

And, even then, He sends His emissaries, His missionaries, even those simply fleeing persecution for their faith, into the whole world to provide every nation with abundant opportunity to repent and to follow after God and His righteousness!

15 And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:15-16 The BIBLE

14 And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Matthew 24:14 The BIBLE

And our Heavenly Father Is in fact so determined that salvation shall be brought to all who seek Him with a sincere heart that, even if those who are commissioned by God as missionaries fail to fulfill their calling, He ensures that others will obey Him and provide salvation to those seeking God (but those who failed to go when called by God will have to answer for their disobedience; Jonah discovered this!). Mordechai warned Esther:

14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Esther 4:14 The BIBLE

God owes nothing to mankind. For people who want nothing to do with Him and righteousness He can do absolutely nothing more than He has already done for thousands of years! He has sent His messengers, and He has sent even His only begotten Son! What more could He possibly do?!

1 I Am sought of them that asked not for Me; I Am found of them that sought Me not: I said, Behold Me, behold Me, unto a nation that was not called by My Name.
2 I have spread out My hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
Isaiah 65:1-2 The BIBLE

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Matthew 23:37 The BIBLE

To those who our Heavenly Father recognizes as actually wanting truth and righteousness, He gives an even greater understanding of His truth and righteousness than they already have. And to those insincere and sinful in heart, He takes away from them even that understanding and righteousness that they already do have! Jesus didn’t speak in parables to make the truth of God easier to understand; those who are sincere toward God, to whom our Heavenly Father has therefore given the Holy Spirit, don’t need parables to understand the truth of God! But for those who are insincere toward God and sinful in heart, Jesus spoke in parables to make the truth of God impossible to understand! Our Heavenly Father wants only those who truly want His truth and righteousness!

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance:

21b … He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Daniel 2:21b The BIBLE

but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Matthew 13:9-16 The BIBLE

14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I Am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
15 And I will give you pastors according to Mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
Jeremiah 3:14-15 The BIBLE

[1] That Jesus wasn’t speaking, here, of the location where He would be crucified, but of the fact that He had to remain in Jerusalem, the ‘headquarters’ of God’s people, to be the Spokesman of God there, is seen in the Book of Hebrews:
11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
12 Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate.
13 Let us go forth therefore unto Him without the camp, bearing His reproach.
14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
Hebrews 13:11-14 The BIBLE
[2] 12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be My people.
Leviticus 26:12 The BIBLE

[3] John 17:24; Ephesians 1:4; I Peter 1:20

Last edited by a moderator:
These passages cover this question.

1 Peter 4:6

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

God could not be considered fair or just if there was not a way that all of His children had the chance to hear the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15 is also good with attention to V29. This accounts for those who die without baptism by those with authority to baptise, which is a requirement for life eternal.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Then Acts 19: 1-6

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John’s baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Clearly not all baptisms are equal as there was need to re-baptise some who were not baptised correctly, or by the correct authority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
The Gospel is not the only book of truth; it is the one written outside, not the one written inside. The one that is written inside is the same one that is written in our hearts; the Gospel only reveals what is written in our hearts, which is the true and living Word of God that is in us and resides with us.

The only one who is able to deem that a person needs baptism is the person receiving it; none other has this authority. Not one can receive baptism lest they will it of their own spirit--for it is not by the manifest ritual that their sin (if they have sinned) is cast off, but by their heart which is being reconciled with the Spirit of God that is in them.

If I go into exploration and I find a peaceable village--one that is filled with love and peace, and abundant joy, then should I command unto them that they should repent before the living God, or do I accept my God where He is when I see Him? If my Gospel of truth is one of love and of peace and of joy, then am I not an enemy of my God should I fail to see Him where He is? Indeed, for where He is so is there His Spirit, and if I cannot see His Spirit where He is then how am I with Him?

Sharing the Gospel is not the same message with different Spirits; for different Spirits have need of different messages, but the same God.

I have been given a Well of Water and a Stone; if I know the Well of Water which I have, but I do not know My Stone, then will I give My Stone in place of Bread? God willing, the same Stone that I cast will return to me for it is My Stone, but the Well of Water that I have been given is not to be cast as a Stone is cast--it is for the giving of Water unto Him who gave it me.

You can live a good life, follow Christ and act in a way pleasing to Him, but baptism is an integral part of salvation. So you can not be "saved" without it.

First, faith, then repentance (and confessing sins), then baptism. This is why young children and babies need no baptism as they can't repent.

The Saviour set the example of being baptised. Symbolically, being washed of our sins and reborn clean. If Jesus was baptised then that was the example we should follow and indeed are commanded to follow.

Matt 28

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Clearly commanded.

So yes, we can be good and serve others but we still need baptism.

Luke 7
29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Regarding the authority to baptise, it was removed as the prophets were killed. The priesthood they held had the authority to baptise, hence Paul re-baptised some. One can have a desire to receive baptism or not, and may well say that I am okay, I am following Christ. But bapsim is a commandment. We can not pick and choose the commandments that we follow.

That authority to baptise is now restored.

What About Those People

Our Heavenly Father “left not Himself without witness” – Acts 14:17

Glen C. Robertson

OUR HEAVENLY FATHER tells us that He has always, and will always ensure that the earth has a witness of Him.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
Psalms 19:1-6 The BIBLE

16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
17 Nevertheless He left not Himself without witness, in that He did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
Acts 14:16-17 The BIBLE

EARLY PROPHETS OF GOD

An early name for, “prophet,” was, “seer,” (I Samuel 9:9), as he was said to ‘see’ the will of God, or to see into the Spiritual world; this ability was what Balaam spoke of in Numbers 24:3b-4; 24:15-16, quoted below. While he wasn’t of the Israelite Nation, God nonetheless had bestowed upon him a Spirituality (anointing of the Holy Spirit? – not necessarily so, as some are given a measure of supernatural, “seeing,” ability by God from birth, and some even have some kind of, “seeing,” ability demonically) which enabled God to be enquired of by him. Almighty God has always ensured that those who sincerely want to know Him have the opportunity (Jeremiah 29:13). We see that Balaam wasn’t the only such early spokesman of God. Balaam was of the same tribe as Moses’ father-in-law, and, arguably therefore, of also the same religious sect. Both were deeply spiritual, Jethro’s being, “the Priest of Midian” – Exodus 2:16, 3:1, 18:1, and Balaam, of the same Tribe, being so spiritual and in-tune with God that he was known for it internationally.

Moses’ wife, Zipporah, was Ethiopian (Numbers 12:1) (which irritated his siblings) and therefore presumably her father, Jethro, was also. So, potentially, God had similarly already placed His spokesmen also in Africa, from which they apparently had migrated. (To this day the Ethiopian Amharics claim a deep affiliation with the Jews (and even to have possession of the Ark of the Covenant), and Nigeria’s Igbos are said to be ethnically Hebrew.)

Even in the days of Abraham, Melchisedek, the king of Salem (later, “Jerusalem”) was, “…the priest of the most high God,” (Genesis 14:18) “Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually,” - Hebrews 7:3, so possibly a pre-incarnation of Jesus, a, “Christophanie,” or earthly role on earth of Jesus Himself?

Egypt, of course, had its magicians (Exodus 7:11-22); indeed, God had even given to Pharaoh a special spokesman of God: Joseph, son of Jacob, to provide him spiritual instruction (Genesis 41)! And He gave Daniel to Nebuchadnezzar, Darius, and Belshazzar (Daniel 4,6,7) to instruct them Spiritually. When Jesus was born, “wise men,” from the East were able to recognize the birth of the Son of God, and come, search Him out. The existence of all these spiritual men testifies to the fact that, while Israel was the People that God had chosen to be His witnesses to the world, there were others, also, in lands geographically distant, who, also, were cognizant of the One Great God, and were in touch with His Spirit. Just how much they understood and followed Him cannot be known until we are able to ask our Lord in Person, but we do know how much they were potentially able to know; this, we shall see in a moment!

God made the Hebrew people/the Jews/Israel God’s witnesses and spokesmen to the world:

7 Even every one that is called by My Name: for I have created him for My glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
8 Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
9 Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
10 Ye are My witnesses, saith the LORD, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I Am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.
11 I, even I, Am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:7-11 The BIBLE

And, while the Nation of Israel was the spokesmen of God to the world, Jesus said that it was impossible that Jerusalem (His people) would ever be without a spokesman of God to speak to them from Him (Luke 13:33; John 14:15-17; Acts 14:17):

31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto Him, Get Thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill Thee.
32 And He said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.[1]
Luke 13:31-33 The BIBLE

For this reason, when some of the Pharisees warned Jesus to get out of Jerusalem because of King Herod’s plot to kill Him, Jesus said that He would not, indeed COULD NOT, “get out, and depart hence,” could not leave Jerusalem, as He still had a job to do being a prophet in Jerusalem, casting out devils, doing cures, etc. (“walking” among men – verse 33[2]), and then being perfected on the third day. Jesus knew His responsibility!

JUST HOW MUCH ARE THE ISOLATED HEATHEN ABLE TO KNOW OR RECEIVE OF GOD?

Our Heavenly Father tells us in Scripture:

God has given everyone an understanding of truth and righteousness;
God requires, for salvation, a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness;
God knows who has/will have a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness;
God will make sure that everyone with a sincere heart desiring Him can and will receive Him.

1) God has given everyone an understanding of truth and righteousness

9 That (Jesus) Was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
John 1:9 The BIBLE

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:18-21 The BIBLE

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my Gospel.
Romans 2:14-16 The BIBLE

2) God requires, for salvation, a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29 The BIBLE

13 And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13 The BIBLE

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8 The BIBLE

3) God knows who has a/will have a sincere heart desiring Him and His truth and righteousness

Scripture tells us that, from the foundation of the world, God knew who would desire Him, and His truth, and He wrote in His Book of Life every detail of their being and their life:

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one that nameth the Name of Christ depart from iniquity.
II Timothy 2:19 The BIBLE

13 For Thou hast possessed my reins: Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from Thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in Thy Book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee.
Psalms 139:13-18 The BIBLE

27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
29 For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.
Romans 8:27-30 The BIBLE

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Revelation 17:8 The BIBLE

4) God will make sure that everyone with a sincere heart desiring Him can and will receive Him

35 And Jesus said unto them, I Am The Bread Of Life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst.
---
37 All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me.
39 And this is the Father's will Which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:35, 37-40 The BIBLE

When one asks how those who have never known of Jesus can possibly be said to have the opportunity to receive Him, he can remember that our Heavenly Father, in his Divine wisdom and foreknowledge, knew, “before the foundation of the world,”[3] exactly who was or was not going to desire and seek Him with a whole heart! And those who were, during their lifetime, going to be sincere in this way, our Heavenly Father has given the greatest opportunity to find Him! Our Lord and Saviour knows exactly how best to distribute present and future populations across the earth, and to place the most sincere individuals where will be presented and encountered the greatest opportunities to hear and receive the Gospel. And, similarly, our Heavenly Father knows also where to place those individuals who will have the least sincerity toward the Gospel: in locations where opportunity to hear and receive it will be the least.

8 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
Deuteronomy 32:8 The BIBLE

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:26 The BIBLE

And, even then, He sends His emissaries, His missionaries, even those simply fleeing persecution for their faith, into the whole world to provide every nation with abundant opportunity to repent and to follow after God and His righteousness!

15 And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:15-16 The BIBLE

14 And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Matthew 24:14 The BIBLE

And our Heavenly Father Is in fact so determined that salvation shall be brought to all who seek Him with a sincere heart that, even if those who are commissioned by God as missionaries fail to fulfill their calling, He ensures that others will obey Him and provide salvation to those seeking God (but those who failed to go when called by God will have to answer for their disobedience; Jonah discovered this!). Mordechai warned Esther:

14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Esther 4:14 The BIBLE

God owes nothing to mankind. For people who want nothing to do with Him and righteousness He can do absolutely nothing more than He has already done for thousands of years! He has sent His messengers, and He has sent even His only begotten Son! What more could He possibly do?!

1 I Am sought of them that asked not for Me; I Am found of them that sought Me not: I said, Behold Me, behold Me, unto a nation that was not called by My Name.
2 I have spread out My hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
Isaiah 65:1-2 The BIBLE

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Matthew 23:37 The BIBLE

To those who our Heavenly Father recognizes as actually wanting truth and righteousness, He gives an even greater understanding of His truth and righteousness than they already have. And to those insincere and sinful in heart, He takes away from them even that understanding and righteousness that they already do have! Jesus didn’t speak in parables to make the truth of God easier to understand; those who are sincere toward God, to whom our Heavenly Father has therefore given the Holy Spirit, don’t need parables to understand the truth of God! But for those who are insincere toward God and sinful in heart, Jesus spoke in parables to make the truth of God impossible to understand! Our Heavenly Father wants only those who truly want His truth and righteousness!

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance:

21b … He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Daniel 2:21b The BIBLE

but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
Matthew 13:9-16 The BIBLE

14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I Am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
15 And I will give you pastors according to Mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
Jeremiah 3:14-15 The BIBLE

[1] That Jesus wasn’t speaking, here, of the location where He would be crucified, but of the fact that He had to remain in Jerusalem, the ‘headquarters’ of God’s people, to be the Spokesman of God there, is seen in the Book of Hebrews:
11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.
12 Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate.
13 Let us go forth therefore unto Him without the camp, bearing His reproach.
14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
Hebrews 13:11-14 The BIBLE
[2] 12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be My people.
Leviticus 26:12 The BIBLE

[3] John 17:24; Ephesians 1:4; I Peter 1:20
What is the question and why all these quotes? They do not seem to relevant. What about those who never heard of Jesus?

They will have a chance for salvation in the second resurrection - Rev 20
That is very true but they will have to suffer horrendously for it. For 10 days tortured by the Antichrist. They will be beheaded eventually but will be saved.

Loyal
God has always made a way for everyone to hear about salvation made possible through the death, burial and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

When a person feels led to share the Gospel unto salvation with another person -- Do so. When you feel led to go 'somewhere' to share Do so. That way everyone will have a chance to hear and accept.

God has always made a way for everyone to hear about salvation made possible through the death, burial and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

When a person feels led to share the Gospel unto salvation with another person -- Do so. When you feel led to go 'somewhere' to share Do so. That way everyone will have a chance to hear and accept.
What about all those millions of people who have died in the past before Christ?

Loyal
@DieAmartyr -- what is your Scriptural basis for those who loved God and went to heaven with Jesus when He ascended back up to heaven. Because the disciples were watching Him ascend.

Loyal
God has all knowledge of all things. We have This life time to either accept or eject salvation, So He knows exactly who will accept to reject Him. In the here and now As well as in the Old Testament days

Active
This has been restored now in these latter days. So if someone is from an isolated tribe that has no connection to the rest of the world, there will be a way for them to accept the gospel in the next life. God is just, so there must be a way which allows people who have not come into contact with the gospel. This will also apply to those who were born before Christ and lived in areas other than Israel and the surrounding areas.
[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking, with one exception. A man cannot choose/accept Jesus. He must be called/dragged unto Jesus by the Father. "I chose you, you did not choose me." God makes the move not man.

Romans 5:18-19 Salvation is for ALL as was condemnation. Both were choices God made for man. The ALL part comes in from Ephesians 1:10 which gives us a picture as well as it says
in the dispensation of the fullness of TIMES he might gather together in one ALL things in Christ. The verse simply means that when the periods of lives have come to the end God
will have reconciled ALL THINGS back to himself through Christ. Jesus Christ being the first fruit, the beginning of the creation of God, Rev 3:14. A new creature and the first of MANY BRETHREN. 2Cor 5:17

There are at least 3 lives that I can find that will occur as the King of kings is the only baptizer in the Holy Ghost now, but it is mentioned that His seed (spiritual) will also have seed (spiritual)
and their seed will have seed (spiritual). So glean from that what you may, but at some point the Lord does tell us that NOTHING shall be impossible unto us. Question is will we be
allowed to give of the resurrected/perfected life that we received, as sons of God, from him, during the next generation of man on the earth. If not then that would be something that is impossible to us and he said NOTHING would be impossible unto us.??????? Some 30, some 60, and some an hundred fold?? could this be the answer to the parable????
In the second resurrection the components of this world will be reassembled to create the same cauldron that we whom are being perfected live in now to perfect the next group.
Consider the beast-government(s)
consider the false prophet- religion(s)
death
the grave
Satan himself
All these are present now and will be again in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone which is simply the second life for those whom the LORD never called in the first life, as they were
the vessels fitted to destruction according to his foreknowledge and wisdom found in Romans 9:22-23
This same situation occurred prior to Jesus in that even though a chosen people they were fitted to destruction according to his wisdom. As were all men who died before the New Covenant
was established and assuming they were not called by the Lord.

Governments are composed of people and do not exist where everyone is somehow tortured day and night for not accepting his gift. Religion is the same composed of people and in this
case false religions. If the people who rise from the grave are tortured in hell as some see then how do governments and religions exist in that next life for them? And if death and the grave are
in the second life it leads one to believe that people will die and be buried as is done now. Consider also that GOD removes people from life to give them rest from the evil which comes later.
Whether that be now or several hundred years later it still will hold true. As Paul put it "for me to die is gain" as the end of his journey on the face of the earth had ended and his reward was before him upon resurrection.

Loyal
What About Those People
This is explained in Romans and in Revelation
Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned under law shall be judged by law;
13 for not the hearers of law are just before God, but the doers of law shall be justified;
14 (for when nations that have no law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having law, are law to themselves;
15 in that they show the work of the law writ in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing)
16 in the day when God judges the secrets of men, according to my *gospel, through Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat thereon, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and no place was found for them.
12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and booklets were opened: and another booklet was opened, which is that of life:
and the dead were judged out of the things written in the booklets, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead in them: and they were judged each according to their works.
14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Loyal
Jeremiah 32:18 You show steadfast love to thousands, but you repay the guilt of fathers to their children after them, O great and mighty God, whose name is the LORD of hosts,
19 great in counsel and mighty in deed, whose eyes are open to all the ways of the children of man, rewarding each one according to his ways and according to the fruit of his deeds.

Loyal
'We" have the world of foreign and home missions. As the Holy Spirit lays a certain area on your heart -- we 'go' and share the Gospel unto salvation with all who will listen and accept. A person might be surprised at the modern technowledge that around the world.

Active
Luke 12:47-48 . . That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or
does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who
does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows.
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one
who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

According to that passage, there are degrees of responsibility as well as corresponding
degrees of punishment.

Prior to the arrival of Europeans in North and South America, thousands of years
had gone by wherein countless numbers of indigenous peoples were unaware of
religions like Judaism and Christianity; which has an upside. They won't be judged
nearly as strict as the Europeans seeing as how many of the explorers, pilgrims, and
entrepreneurs who came here seeking a better life were familiar with Bible stuff. In that
respect, uneducated people have an advantage over civilized folk.
_

Luke 7
29 And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Regarding the authority to baptise, it was removed as the prophets were killed. The priesthood they held had the authority to baptise, hence Paul re-baptised some. One can have a desire to receive baptism or not, and may well say that I am okay, I am following Christ. But bapsim is a commandment. We can not pick and choose the commandments that we follow.

That authority to baptise is now restored.

If you look at the bigger picture, you need to ask what does it mean when Jesus says the "law and the prophets were until john"
then says for those who can accept it, John is Elijah (probably more likely the "spirit of Elijah") to come. (rather than a re-incarnation)*
John the Baptist was likely a descendant of the Rechabites, who God made a promise "would always have a man before me" (ie,.. a prophet)

As such, it is likely that John the Baptist was the fulfillment and termination of the mosaic priesthood, his baptism gave you a spirit of repentance, but you need the baptism of the Holy Spirit for spiritual power and authority from God. his was the fufilment of "i will remove the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" but you need the Holy Spirit to write on your heart God's laws.

note that Jesus had to be baptized by John for a reason that he didn't explain, but he has no interaction at all with the (false) high priest. (who incidentally condemns himself for everyone to see when he tears his robe). --it was specifically mentioned that Jesus' robe was not torn, but they cast lots for it, as it was worth a lot of money as it had no seams.

anyhow, the way i read Luke 7:29-30 is that because the religious leaders rejected John, their spiritual eyes remained closed and they rejected Jesus as well..
*people in real life say i remind the of Jeremiah, spiritually.

If someone dies and hasn't been baptized, there is a way to overcome that by proxy baptisms in the temple. In the spirit world they can choose to accept or reject it. As all who have not heard the gospel will be taught it in the spirit world. Thus, God is fair and no-one will be left out because they have not hard the gospel on Earth.

Loyal
@Mack. What scripture do you base your comments on. When a person does they will either be waiting to be delivered to lake of fire and brimstone or the person will be with Jesus Christ. We all have this present time on earth to either accept or reject Jesus Christ as our personal Savior.